• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Does it bother you in the U.K. that the queen is on coins?

Message added by ChrisSilver

4 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Religion offers no answers to anything, just a comfort for people.  Any ethics and moral lessons are common across faiths and philosophies.  The difference between a Christian and Atheist is the latter believe in one less god. 

These you mention are all cliches that atheists love to mention when they try to disparage believers, but none of them are true and herein they betray a profound lack of understanding on this topic, at best a shallow point of view. Fact of the matter is, you do not know what makes a true believer "tick", because you have not experienced what he/she has experienced in your life. For example, you can try to explain to a colourblind person what the colours blue and red and yellow look like... but until he actually is able to see them in reality he will have no idea what you're talking about and can only formulate and accept simple assumptions.

You mention ethics and morals. But faith in God is about much more than just morality. It's about a relationship with a true God whose existence you don't even accept. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

These you mention are all cliches that atheists love to mention when they try to disparage believers, but none of them are true and herein they betray a profound lack of understanding on this topic, at best a shallow point of view. Fact of the matter is, you do not know what makes a true believer "tick", because you have not experienced what he/she has experienced in your life. For example, you can try to explain to a colourblind person what the colours blue and red and yellow look like... but until he actually is able to see them in reality he will have no idea what you're talking about and can only formulate and accept simple assumptions.

You mention ethics and morals. But faith in God is about much more than just morality. It's about a relationship with a true God whose existence you don't even accept. 

So we agree there is no answers from religion, or atheism.  We can return to the monarchy. 

3 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Atheism asks many questions but answers none. Thankfully we as humans don't have to accept atheism, even though it is the popular thing to do these days. It takes courage to stand up socially and admit strong faith in God. But genuine Christians can and should do it, whenever the question regarding their faith comes up. So yes I can say and admit with confidence that God is actually real and Jesus is the only way to salvation. People need to know this truth, especially in these days. 

Of course atheism is the popular thing these days. 😊 That's what you get when you're asking questions that religion hasn't been able to answer. And that's what you get when countries are becoming wealthier, better educated, and have higher standards of life, the less religious they become (with China being the exception to the common irreligious rule, and North Korea being forced to practice Kimism). 

1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

Fact of the matter is, you do not know what makes a true believer "tick", because you have not experienced what he/she has experienced in your life. For example, you can try to explain to a colourblind person what the colours blue and red and yellow look like... but until he actually is able to see them in reality he will have no idea what you're talking about and can only formulate and accept simple assumptions.

Following your logic, that means you have seen god then? 🤔

9 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

If you have a strong faith you don't need answers.

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it? 😊

4 minutes ago, FunkyChicken said:

Of course atheism is the popular thing these days. 😊 That's what you get when you're asking questions that religion hasn't been able to answer. And that's what you get when countries are becoming wealthier, better educated, and have higher standards of life, the less religious they become (with China being the exception to the common irreligious rule, and North Korea being forced to practice Kimism). 

You cannot take earthly wealth with you beyond the grave.

Just now, goldmember44 said:

Absolutely! In fact don't some Bible quotes (not that I store much by the fake translated Bible) recently posted on this here very thread directly tell one not to (store up earthly wealth)?

I guess I'm very 'lucky', being spiritual and knowing the connection to Source, but having nothing to do with religion.

9 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I'm sure that'll be of much comfort to the children of Africa crippling of hunger... 

9 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

Your location is hell, you tell me.

What does a town in Norway have to do with any of this? 🤨

There’s nothing wrong in the Bible about having wealth - it’s what we do with it that matters. Storing wealth is good - if we use it appropriately to help others. 

Honor the Lord from your wealth and from the first of all your produce; So your barns will be filled with plenty and your vats will overflow with new wine (Proverbs 3:9 - 10).

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

12 minutes ago, kimchi said:

What kind of wealth?

Knowledge?

Wisdom?

Money and possessions?

Somehow I don't think it's the last of those three.

Wealth that comes from the Blessing. 

Proverbs 10.22 The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

And of course, the Blessing is freely given to all Gods children at no cost to us. Because the price was already paid at Calvary.

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

1 minute ago, KitboyE17 said:

Wealth that comes from the Blessing. 

Proverbs 10.22 The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

And of course, the Blessing is freely given to all Gods children at no cost to us. Because the price was already paid at Calvary.

Well I'm glad that's all cleared up now!

:wacko:

:P

9 hours ago, Notafront4adragon said:

I don't think atheism is a comfortable choice at all. Quiet the opposite, religion settles the mind, and gives you an easy answer. Do this and be ok. Atheism asks deeper questions.

Only an Atheist could be so ignorant. The bible has many of the deeper questions buried in it, mainly demonstrations of what the consequences of various actions are, demonstrations of how to live and how not to live, stories with a valuable moral, ect. Most of the bible is pre-christian, pre-Judaism, I believe many will be stories from before writing perhaps, written down after generations of word of mouth. Even if its not the case, we are still looking at a book with thousands of years of experimentation and observation of human behaviour written into stories. I believe most of the bible to be conceptual, God for example, a description of nature, behave a certain way and reality will punish you, behave another way and this reality will reward you, ect. To be a christian is to practice a state of being. To enter the kingdom of heaven is conceptual, perhaps it is the conceptual end goal of generations of Christians building towards it. To go to hell, or be in hell, is a state of being. The drug addicted homeless man suffering on the street - that is what hell looks like. Live a certain way and you will end up the same way. Its all in the bible, just needs to be read a certain way.

I am not a christian, but I am certainly not an Atheist either. Atheism is saying 'do what thou wilt', that does not lead anywhere good. There isn't a higher purpose, no end goal, no acknowledgement of lessons learned by our ancestors. It is the same position taken by Satanism by the way, to do whatever you want without an end goal. It leads to a purposeless and meaningless existence. 

2 minutes ago, KDave said:

Only an Atheist could be so ignorant. The bible has many of the deeper questions buried in it, mainly demonstrations of what the consequences of various actions are, demonstrations of how to live and how not to live, stories with a valuable moral, ect. Most of the bible is pre-christian, pre-Judaism, I believe many will be stories from before writing perhaps, written down after generations of word of mouth. Even if its not the case, we are still looking at a book with thousands of years of experimentation and observation of human behaviour written into stories. I believe most of the bible to be conceptual, God for example, a description of nature, behave a certain way and reality will punish you, behave another way and this reality will reward you, ect. To be a christian is to practice a state of being. To enter the kingdom of heaven is conceptual, perhaps it is the conceptual end goal of generations of Christians building towards it. To go to hell, or be in hell, is a state of being. The drug addicted homeless man suffering on the street - that is what hell looks like. Live a certain way and you will end up the same way. Its all in the bible, just needs to be read a certain way.

I am not a christian, but I am certainly not an Atheist either. Atheism is saying 'do what thou wilt', that does not lead anywhere good. There isn't a higher purpose, no end goal, no acknowledgement of lessons learned by our ancestors. It is the same position taken by Satanism by the way, to do whatever you want without an end goal. It leads to a purposeless and meaningless existence. 

You clearly misunderstand atheism, it just rejects the idea of a god. Where you go from there is up to you. There's lots of ways to be without having to acknowledge a higher power.  

Cain and Able is a great example of these little stories with many lessons. Both lads work hard and sacrifice. Why do they sacrifice? Because God (nature) rewards those who sacrifice. How many generations did it take to work out that those with short time preference are rewarded, those who save are rewarded, ect. Lesson 1. 

Both sacrifice as god (nature) wants, but only one gets rewarded. Why? Because life isn't fair. Lesson 2. How long did it take the work that one out, probably a couple of generations at least :P

Cain gets angry - fair enough. Cain kills Able - not good. God (nature) marks Cain, makes everyone hate him and Cain hates himself to the point he can't live it. Here are the consequences of murder. You are not the same after you have done it, it goes against God (nature, perhaps human nature this time) and you can't live with it. You basically end up in conceptual hell. Lesson 3. Imagine learning this lesson. I would say someone long ago observed this happen and learned the lessons, it probably happened many times. 

That is just one example in a book full of this stuff. There will be loads more in that one story no doubt. Ignore this book at your own loss/peril. ;)

1 minute ago, Notafront4adragon said:

You clearly misunderstand atheism, it just rejects the idea of a god. Where you go from there is up to you. There's lots of ways to be without having to acknowledge a higher power.  

I understand it well enough, study the 20th century to understand Atheism. 

1 minute ago, Notafront4adragon said:

Where you go from there is up to you.

Yes exactly - do what thou wilt. Satanism/Atheism. 

11 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

Its common response, the faithful cannot comprehend not having faith, and there must be something bad (from their faith) in non-belief in their deity.  Its all a silly debate because at this point everyone involved has made up their mind.  Personally i like the Norse/Germanic/Celtic gods, fallible and tied to nature.  No faith required, they are just the stories for shared culture.  

5 hours ago, E23 said:

No idea what this means for the most part. Not sure why it's a cult to you. I'm Catholic / Lutheran and/or etc myself when it comes to Christianity. I go with multiple Holy Bibles myself to try to get to the truth the best I can myself.

Then you do not understand the history of Christianity. The reform was nothing else than a looting operation coupled with an operation to change Catholicism into another "religion" closer to to Judaism  - which would allow Christians to basically behave like Jews. It's too late to develop on this for me right now but I promise I will try to bring more content to explain myself.

Protestants were considered heretics for a reason - and orthodox are considered schismatic - not heretic so to speak.  Catholicism as a whole was nearly unbeatable with a good Pope (Middle ages has shown this ) so the Jews had to step in and set up a fake religion - harming and dividing inside our ranks.

I will pass on the particularly despicable and immoral personality of Martin Luther , himself a pimp and forcing many catholic nouns to prostitution - in additional to a very very dubious personal lifestyle because of course there were also despicable people in the catholic church - and unfortunately the clown pope Bergoglio is one of them.

PS : And i say it again : I do not despise protestants as people - I respect them - especially when they are good Christians , but I feel sorry for them that they are being misled into a false Christianity.

Archived