• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Just now, katyc said:

Oh my god. Why am I only just learning this? No wonder I can never remember if it's 10pm or 11pm when markets close. That's because, it changes every 6 months!!!!!

FFS. There's no hope for me.... 🫣

It's OK.. you can stay on a special scholarship. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

It's OK.. you can stay on a special scholarship. 

Seriously though, it's so obvious that GMT affects it and it never occurred in my tiny little mind!

2 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

What's the best sovereign price at the moment?

Buying or selling?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Maybe best to wait till ready to buy. Given the movement I am not sure anyone would lock in a price today.

Yes sure I understand. What do you have shields gillicks a mixture?

1 minute ago, Dankanugget said:

Yes sure I understand. What do you have shields gillicks a mixture?

Yep, a mixture. But let’s speak separately. PM is better. Message me when ready to buy, but also keep an eye on sales pages as others are likely to offer better prices (depending on the gold price and what you are looking for) as I’m not a dealer. 

another reason for gold going up it's china having some problems and starting qe.

from a trading mindset price of an asset closing at low/high on Friday it a strong indication of momentum in that direction more so if it's a long weekend(like this case 3 day market closed). "when a market makes a historic high, it is telling you something. The mere fact that the price is at a new high tells you something has changed."

Of course price can go down as well, mostly because i just made this post and i'm long paper gold 😄

Edited by m3rlin
typing mistake

Best investment advice: Every time gold goes to zero you should buy more.

Second best investment advice: Buy some high ranking politicians,  few intelligence officers and at least one general.

Who remembers the member who was here.    Sold gold to buy Bitcoin, sold bitcoin when went to $20k, bought a fair few kg of gold again. Gold jumped. Sold gold bought house got questioned about tax then disappeared.       That was someone that traded his way up.    
think he was buying initially for £750/Oz.    Would be interesting what is worth more now, property, gold or Bitcoin.           Think he was high up in post office so might have other things to think about now

15 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Who remembers the member who was here.    Sold gold to buy Bitcoin, sold bitcoin when went to $20k, bought a fair few kg of gold again. Gold jumped. Sold gold bought house got questioned about tax then disappeared.       That was someone that traded his way up.    
think he was buying initially for £750/Oz.    Would be interesting what is worth more now, property, gold or Bitcoin.           Think he was high up in post office so might have other things to think about now

@mr-dead

1 hour ago, katyc said:

Oh my god. Why am I only just learning this? No wonder I can never remember if it's 10pm or 11pm when markets close. That's because, it changes every 6 months!!!!!

FFS. There's no hope for me.... 🫣

There are people on this forum to help you, so don't worry ...

Edited by Chronos

Due to high demand and the price now over£309 for a quarter sovereign then royal mint has introduced the new 1/8 sovereign in a blister pack along with a magnifying glass and an honesty certificate.

The magnifying glass isn't for the small sovereign as that's impossible to see now it's for the certificate so you can read the small print which states there is a piece of gold Infront of you somewhere.......

52 minutes ago, Dankanugget said:

Due to high demand and the price now over£309 for a quarter sovereign then royal mint has introduced the new 1/8 sovereign in a blister pack along with a magnifying glass and an honesty certificate.

The magnifying glass isn't for the small sovereign as that's impossible to see now it's for the certificate so you can read the small print which states there is a piece of gold Infront of you somewhere.......

Joking aside, they already do this with the 1/40oz coin!!! They just don’t bother with the magnifying glass.