• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

3 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

Pre 1992, 1 and 2 pences are 97% copper.

and CGT free 🤣

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

19 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

If my maths is correct then 2p has 4.75p of copper in it.

So £1 face value of 2 pences is worth £2.37.

An old £1=240 pence would have copper worth £15.52.

My old Grandfather always said decimalisation was a con.

I use cash frequently to get change. If it sticks to a magnet (as modern £1's do), they go in my change cup, which is used for tips or bus rides. Small denomination steel 1p-10p are left aside, and I pay with them at a Tesco cash only self-checkout till ;) 

Non-magnetic coins, i.e. the older ones, 20p, 50p, and £2, go in a giant jar/jug. I'll do a sort of guessing game on TSF once it's full :)

Edited by stackerp5
all

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

1 minute ago, stackerp5 said:

I use cash frequently to get change. If it sticks to a magnet (as modern £1's do), they go in my change cup, which is used for tips or bus rides. Small denomination steel 1p-10p are left aside, and I pay with them at a Tesco cash only self-checkout till ;) 

Non-magnetic coins, i.e. the older ones, go in a giant jar/jug. I'll do a sort of guessing game on TSF once it's full :)

I'm also hoarding bronze 1p & 2p, and cupro-nickel 5p & 10p. I doubt the intrinsic value of the 20p & 50p is any greater than it's fiat, so I don't keep those. Likewise £1 & £2.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Do markets open tonight? Or does bank holiday change things? 

NYSE says March 29th is Good Friday, but doesn't mention holiday on Monday.

Pre-open at 6:30 am ET

https://www.nyse.com/markets/hours-calendars

Edited by stackerp5

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

8 hours ago, Upsidedown said:

(At the risk of this already being covered but not being arsed to read up)

So where do we think gold goes from here in the short term?

I'm expecting a..

Q4nArr.gif.ffd5a5ad24f42e83d0a243493a413a38.gif

Only to pick up again at start of May

Any thoughts?

If it dips back to sub £1600 I'm going all in. Been lining up my chips for a while to make sure I'm ready will definitely pull the trigger on a 1/40oz Brit - don't want to be paying CGT if I have to move it on later. 

6 minutes ago, treetop1280 said:

I’m totally lost in this , is copper classed as a precious metal ??? Thanks Ashley 👍

Historically yes, from ancient times.

In modern era not, it is an industrial metal.

Now it is YouTube era and there are plenty of pushers, mostly scrappers/pickers, creating a new trend of stacking. There are already few big refiners like Geiger, Germania Mint, etc, who started selling posh copper bars to cover the demands.

3 minutes ago, stefffana said:

Now it is YouTube era and there are plenty of pushers, mostly scrappers/pickers, creating a new trend of stacking. There are already few big refiners like Geiger, Germania Mint, etc, who started selling posh copper bars to cover the demands.

Absolutely, it was key to making bronze back in the day

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

4 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Absolutely, it was key to making bronze back in the day

Er... have they perfected copper-free bronze now? 🤣

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

2 hours ago, stefffana said:

Well if it’s coming down to copper etc , and 1ps and 2ps , then we are in the  days of MAD MAX ???? WELCOME TO THE SCAVENGER FORUM??? 👍

Just now, treetop1280 said:

Well if it’s coming down to copper etc , and 1ps and 2ps , then we are in the  days of MAD MAX ???? WELCOME TO THE SCAVENGER FORUM??? 👍

*agreeing*

*realising i'm agreeing with tree*

hulk-memes-1.png

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32