• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

29 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

See above post ^

If "they" is HB then it's a moot point as every gold stacker on here will have already bought their 3-sovereign offer (which is restricted to 1 order per household).

I'm with the majority here - some of the best closest to spot deals I've got have been here on the forum. That being said prices sometimes work out better at the dealers. A few weeks back I was buying new sealed 2012 sovereigns from HGM for £291.39 each while I saw people buying them in groups for £310+. Its really all about shopping around and finding the best value. Personally I opted not to buy the H&B sovs despite looking at them when they were £279 as privacy matters a lot to me and I see receiving all that post as being quite dangerous. To me thats a bigger risk than buying from a truster forum member with good feedback.

26 minutes ago, goldking said:

If "they" is HB then it's a moot point as every gold stacker on here will have already bought their 3-sovereign offer (which is restricted to 1 order per household).

So it’s not particularly challenging to get deliveries to work, family, P.O. Box. Etc that’s what I do!

4 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

I'm with the majority here - some of the best closest to spot deals I've got have been here on the forum. That being said prices sometimes work out better at the dealers. A few weeks back I was buying new sealed 2012 sovereigns from HGM for £291.39 each while I saw people buying them in groups for £310+. Its really all about shopping around and finding the best value. Personally I opted not to buy the H&B sovs despite looking at them when they were £279 as privacy matters a lot to me and I see receiving all that post as being quite dangerous. To me thats a bigger risk than buying from a truster forum member with good feedback.

Just send them a GDPR request! Job done.

Edited by SilverPirate007

3 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

So it’s not particularly challenging to get deliveries to work, family, P.O. Box. Etc that’s what I do!

Unless you happen to catch them on a day when they're not paying attention, they won't send to an address other than the card's registered address.  You've used your card once already, so if you want more then you'll need your friends and family to pay for them and send them to their address?  Realistically how many friends and family are going to accept the best part of £900 from you in exchange for them making a purchase of the same value on your behalf and the potential hassle of having to be at home to receive delivery or worse, the hassle if they get lost?  You can't use a different card of your own to the same address as that breaches their 'max 3 per household' rule.

So in summary, no-one is buying gold at spot price from dealers except on very rare one-off occasions when they have a special on.

28 minutes ago, goldking said:

Unless you happen to catch them on a day when they're not paying attention, they won't send to an address other than the card's registered address.  You've used your card once already, so if you want more then you'll need your friends and family to pay for them and send them to their address?  Realistically how many friends and family are going to accept the best part of £900 from you in exchange for them making a purchase of the same value on your behalf and the potential hassle of having to be at home to receive delivery or worse, the hassle if they get lost?  You can't use a different card of your own to the same address as that breaches their 'max 3 per household' rule.

So in summary, no-one is buying gold at spot price from dealers except on very rare one-off occasions when they have a special on.

Haha depends on your friends family then. I have around 8 sovs from them so far. Each to their own.

also how do you know they wouldn’t ship to a different address? I may try that with my card tonight and get back to you.

Edited by SilverPirate007

It's standard procedure for any company selling high value items over the internet and will very likely be a requirement by their merchant.  You can buy cvv2 dumps for peanuts on pretty much any underground carding website so if they ship to an address that is different to where the card is registered they are at high risk of getting a charge-back from the genuine cardholder when they see it on their statement.

4 minutes ago, goldking said:

It's standard procedure for any company selling high value items over the internet and will very likely be a requirement by their merchant.  You can buy cvv2 dumps for peanuts on pretty much any underground carding website so if they ship to an address that is different to where the card is registered they are at high risk of getting a charge-back from the genuine cardholder when they see it on their statement.

I bought a big order from silver to go delivered to my second address with no issues. Arrived last week. 60 eagles.

48 minutes ago, goldking said:

Well all this talk of Gold got me to order two 2020 Sovereigns for £289 each from H&B, had only ordered one previously to test the waters, now completed the supposed limit from them.

bullionvault - you can buy gold £1271.82 and silver £14.37/ounce right this second, people selling metals on here for , paper, why not just use bullionvault?

12 minutes ago, bullionbob said:

bullionvault - you can buy gold £1271.82 and silver £14.37/ounce right this second, people selling metals on here for , paper, why not just use bullionvault?

vaulted metal and physically delivered metal are not

the same thing and not price comparable.

(some strategies do not allow for vaulted metal)

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

10 minutes ago, bullionbob said:

Because if bullionvault goes t1ts up you've lost all your gold. :rolleyes:   The responses above were based on buying physical not some worthless paper credits.

24 minutes ago, bullionbob said:

I would rather buy a 1oz krugerrand at  £1281.95 that I can hold in my hand than a promise at £1271.82, the old saying goes, "if you can't hold it, you don't own it".

Edited by Dobber

+ good luck getting your gold from bullionvault if the UK issues an "Executive Order 6102" confiscation like the US did back in 1933 to bail-out the Fed.  Might seem like pie-in-the-sky tinfoil hat nonsense today, but if fiat gold price keeps up its current trend of rises I wouldn't rule out it happening at some point in the future.

Edited by goldking

Hold it in Singapore or Zurich, pretty easy solution...if you don't hold it you don't own it is the usual blahblah from conspiracy nuts on Zerohedge, we know better on here right? Bullionvault is not an ETF but each to their own, imo anyone that holds gold or any other wealthy item at home is a lunatic, vaulted allocated metals are safe, especially outside your own country, ETFs and other paper drivel or worthless paper credits as you explained are not. If bullionvault goes tits up as you so eloquently put it you lose not 1 penny, the vaults are independent and audited. DYOR...

3 minutes ago, bullionbob said:

Hold it in Singapore or Zurich, pretty easy solution...if you don't hold it you don't own it is the usual blahblah from conspiracy nuts on Zerohedge, we know better on here right? Bullionvault is not an ETF but each to their own, imo anyone that holds gold or any other wealthy item at home is a lunatic, vaulted allocated metals are safe, especially outside your own country, ETFs and other paper drivel or worthless paper credits as you explained are not. If bullionvault goes tits up as you so eloquently put it you lose not 1 penny, the vaults are independent and audited. DYOR...

What about recent events with Glint?

Peoples funds frozen, no access to fiat or metals owned for some time.  Turned out ok after several weeks but could have just as easily gone the other way.

Its suprising how many historic conspiracy theories actually turned out to be true.

6 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

What about recent events with Glint?

Peoples funds frozen, no access to fiat or metals owned for some time.  Turned out ok after several weeks but could have just as easily gone the other way.

Its suprising how many historic conspiracy theories actually turned out to be true.

Which ones turned out to be true? Fake moon landings?

2 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

Which ones turned out to be true? Fake moon landings?

Why feckin risk it? Have some in bullion vault, some in gold money, some in safe deposit, some in stocks, done buried in garden, some in ya sock drawer, some as fiat, some at your mother's\dads spread your risk people