• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Where can I buy these bands ? Amazon or eBay?? Where's the cheapest, thanks in advance 

Don't come cheap those... :ph34r:

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 6.16.55 PM.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

13 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

BTC had a temporary moon on the basis of an erroneous Tweet (someone claimed a BTC ETF had been approved)

Cathy Wood was saying SEC have changed their stance and expects approval by the New Year, I believe there are 9 spot Bitcoin ETFs under review and ARK claim theirs is first in line. To be clear this is nothing to do with "Crypto" as MSM imply simply BTC. ARK note a base case of $625,000 BTC (about parity with GLD) bull case $1.500,000 BTC.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

14 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Cathy Wood was saying SEC have changed their stance and expects approval by the New Year, I believe there are 9 spot Bitcoin ETFs under review and ARK claim theirs is first in line. To be clear this is nothing to do with "Crypto" as MSM imply simply BTC. ARK note a base case of $625,000 BTC (about parity with GLD) bull case $1.500,000 BTC.

I need £400k for BTC, then I can sell and pay my mortgage off , pay the CGT, buy some gold to lose in a boating accident and I blee rich :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

2 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

$1.5m BTC is not far fetched, as long as there is no date attached to the prediction.

When confidence is lost, the zeroes will pile up

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

21 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I must be invisible. This is about the 5th time I've boasted about calling the turning points for gold and silver ($1850/$21) and I did this months ago in June and July! I made sure to post it in a few places so everybody could laugh at me when I was wrong, praise me when I exceeded the skills of Nostradamus. I was within 1% on silver (silver did briefly fall below $21 but if you exclude that I called it right almost to the cent), and was within 1.5% on gold (I called $1850 and gold briefly dipped to $1810-1820)

It's not rocket science to get those predictions but it's certainly not within my power to know the outcome, there is a large element of luck involved. When I've had a wee boast I've balanced it out with, "by luck or judgement". It's applying a macro view to the charts and seeing what it looks like. This is over longer timeframes when it's easier to do

It's not impossible to profit from short timeframes, pro traders do it every day, but 99% fail to acknowledge the wafer-thin margins on some of these calls. The best trader in the world, the dude making millions/billions, only has a success rate in the 60-70% range depending on the market, with 70% being unachievable in most major markets. It's like poker. It might be +EV to play your set vs a flush draw but if the flush draw wins it doesn't mean you're a bad player and if the set holds it doesn't make you the GOAT. Every high level poker player understands that you can play perfectly and finish last or play like an idiot and finish first. Luck matters a lot, in fact variance is everything over small samples, but if you repeat the action 100,000 times, then you start to see the skill of the poker player shining through

Trading over longer timeframes is a bit like repeating the + EV play many times over, while shorter timeframes are more like an individual hand of cards. That's not a perfect analogy but you get the gist. You can make a perfect decision in a single trade and lose, make a bad decision and win. To make any sense of it you have to repeat many times

If by luck or judgement we happen to call a few things right, because the sample size is so small the explanation is variance and not skill unless you do it another 100,000 times

The biggest mistake I see amateurs make (in cards and investing) is being results-orientated. The result is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is the process. Make your decisions based on sound reasoning and the market will disagree with you 40% of the time but you'll still be 100% right. Make decisions based on whim and hearsay and the market might agree with you 40% of the time but you'll still be 100% wrong

Garath Soloway - is that you ................ ;)

20 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Even though gold is down from Fridays my mining shares are up .58% on the day - every cloud and all that. Least shows a little confidence in my company, ive bought, even on down days and not all miners today are in that position.....

@HerefordBullyun - which trading platform/s are you using may I ask; my fees are a real downer.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

1 minute ago, Coverte said:

Garath Soloway - is that you ................ ;)

@HerefordBullyun - which trading platform/s are you using may I ask; my fees are a real downer.

Free trade because its free(ish) one flat fee of 9.99 a month as many trades as you like!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

No more gold updates from you, you only went and crashed my dreams.

What a Derrick Downer...

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Give us a wave @James32

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474wb6rptd0tz6579ysk

Is James' wave really that retarded special  :D 

3 hours ago, MBTPSilver said:

UK inflation data is due out tomorrow morning I believe as well. If that comes in lower it could cement the opinion that the BoE is done hiking and the pound could slip further.

It does not matter about the data because you know it will all be a big fat lie 

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.