• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

15 hours ago, Paul said:

Crypto has had some moon-ward movement to the past week in line with gold 

I'm waiting for Bitcoin to drop down to $12,100 at which point I'll begin dollar cost averaging in and keep buying some more every time it drops another $500 below that.

Edited by EdwardTeach

41 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

I'm waiting for Bitcoin to drop down to $11,100 at which point I'll begin dollar cost averaging in and keep buying some more every time it drops another $500 below that.

At what price are you going to sell?

10 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

At what price are you going to sell?

I won’t sell it as such (by which you mean exchange it for dollars or pounds etc). No, I intend to hold on to it for several years until unbacked fiat currencies like the dollar and pound are near worthless, then I will spend the bitcoin directly like money and buy real world goods with it.

That’s assuming it goes up over the long run of course. It may well end up being worthless which is why I won’t invest much into it compared to what I put into gold and silver. In my opinion crypto is more of a high risk/high reward gamble where precious metals are a low risk/medium reward saving which I can depend on.

29 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

I won’t sell it as such (by which you mean exchange it for dollars or pounds etc). No, I intend to hold on to it for several years until unbacked fiat currencies like the dollar and pound are near worthless, then I will spend the bitcoin directly like money and buy real world goods with it.

That’s assuming it goes up over the long run of course. It may well end up being worthless which is why I won’t invest much into it compared to what I put into gold and silver. In my opinion crypto is more of a high risk/high reward gamble where precious metals are a low risk/medium reward saving which I can depend on.

Yes, worth a gamble I will start layering out if it ever reaches its previous high again. Then aim to top up on gold. I have no interest long term. 

35 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

I have relatively small amount of Bitcoin that I bought at 19k( before it dropped to 16k). 

My strategy is to dollar cost average in. Ill buy more at end of month regardless. One thing I learned with Crypto is that waiting for something like 11k can be dangerous. Just my thoughts.

I have very small amount.....but in my opinion anywhere between 10k -20k is decent range to buy.

10 hours ago, Ape said:

I have relatively small amount of Bitcoin that I bought at 19k( before it dropped to 16k). 

My strategy is to dollar cost average in. Ill buy more at end of month regardless. One thing I learned with Crypto is that waiting for something like 11k can be dangerous. Just my thoughts.

I have very small amount.....but in my opinion anywhere between 10k -20k is decent range to buy.

I ment to say I'll start buying in at $12,100 not $11,100. It's still a gamble I know but I'm not worried if I miss out on it. You can't really miss what you never had. At this point in time I thinks it's better to be buying gold and silver rather than crypto as I think the crypto market still has a little bit more to drop yet before it reaches the bottom of this cycle.

10 hours ago, Ape said:

But sorry...back to gold.

How do we think gold will react to what seems inevitable stock market drop....rally in stocks seems like sucker rally to me.

My guess is there will probably be a small pullback in the gold price sometime over the next few weeks before going up again to a new all time high later in the year.

Edited by EdwardTeach

1 hour ago, dicker said:

I thought the first markets open 2300GMT?

Apologies, the website I was looking at has now reset and saying 23:00GMT also. Still up, up and away. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

46 minutes ago, James32 said:

Ideally, it would be £1200 Monday through Wednesday, £1570 again Thursday and finishing at £1800 Friday.

Nice week,that will do.

Ideally, it would go straight up to £2,000 and stay there for the next month. Then once I've saved up enough money to buy another Sovereign it will drop down to £500 for 5 minutes while I place my order then immediately jump straight back up to £2,000 again after I've clicked on the buy button and my order has been processed.

Edited by EdwardTeach

17 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

Ideally, it would go straight up to £2,000 and stay there for the next month. Then once I've saved up enough money to buy another Sovereign it will drop down to £500 for 5 minutes while I place my order then immediately jump straight back up to £2,000 again after I've clicked on the buy button and my order has been processed.

Hope they sell out tonight 🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip