• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

5 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

My mate has made some predictions for 2023 - and he has the brain the size of a mansion. 

Here they are:
- [ ] Energy to ATHs (maybe not uranium).

Apologies for being a bit of a thicky, but does this refer to the price of shares in gas/electric, or does it refer to the cost of energy bills to consumers?

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

2 hours ago, Earthmetal said:

Apologies for being a bit of a thicky, but does this refer to the price of shares in gas/electric, or does it refer to the cost of energy bills to consumers?

Its hard to say.... bit like my tally whacker, when I hit it with a meat tenderizer...

Gas and electric companies are a monopoly, regardless from providers, they collude on price margins, so no matter. But govt are really interested the that Oil and gas is their bag, it pays the bucks, why? It pays their consultancy's fee when they fook off out of govt, its about exploitation, they have services to do that for them, its called Mi5 and 6. My advice is REALLY understand the word exploitation. Edward Snowden/ John Perkins - go research it -, if you don't, educate yourself.....  

One thing thing you have understand with energy, they will play the emotional card. like banks, its a cartel..... The government already have the handle, the only reason is they have intelligence services behind them, but sometimes to me is very questionable..... As an Iraq and Afghan vet and other tours I know.

look at the Lloyds banks, by your side advert... ring any bells, emotional leverage but in 2008 crash - were they by your side....??

Call me cynical, but all the wnakers in government are playing everyone like a piped piper, Bojo has made 2 million in 6 weeks  when he resigned....

Its going to get only worse, the problem is - you have they pay, Whitehall w****s like to spin....

I was on the phone to some of these ****** when I the war was  in Iraq, they think their all important, its all BS..... a majority Never put their boots on the ground... a bullshitters fare

Mainstream media will play on your emotional strings through tv, but its mission creep of an agenda.... the club, you an I aint in it....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

You're preaching to the converted in my case. I haven't paid for a TV licence for many years and never watch broadcast tell-lie-vision.
I would call you cynical, but that's the observant critical thinking way to be. It's all sham & theatre.
Money is a con.
Wars are a con.
Democracy is a con.
Taxes, profit & control are real.

Getting back on track to gold £

Where will gold £ be in ten weeks time on the 4th March could it be as low as £1227 , looking at 4th March 2021 it is very possible that gold could see a drawback after the resent highs.

Maybe £1300 🤔 for a while

2 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Where will gold £ be in ten weeks time on the 4th March could it be as low as £1227 , looking at 4th March 2021 it is very possible that gold could see a drawback after the resent highs.

Past performance doesn’t guarantee future returns….

2 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

What happens to metals as we enter a recession? This was my take on it, initially a drop with everything else but then off to the moon. 

3 hours ago, Earthmetal said:

You're preaching to the converted in my case. I haven't paid for a TV licence for many years and never watch broadcast tell-lie-vision.
I would call you cynical, but that's the observant critical thinking way to be. It's all sham & theatre.
Money is a con.
Wars are a con.
Democracy is a con.
Taxes, profit & control are real.

Just put your feet up to the repair shop. Not all doom and gloom mate.

On 21/12/2022 at 12:58, katyc said:

I think it drops on a Friday because all the traders finish early - off to the pub (many spending money on other "recreational" stuff instead of trading 🙊)

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

7 hours ago, gji25 said:

manipulation anybody or a game of thrones

A pity the chap doesn't get chance to explain what the outcome was of his proof of manipulation.

Hey honeys I’ve been reading through I lot of this thread and pardon my ignorance but what or who determine the price of gold ? It’s very confusing, I know it isn’t like the stock exchange or is it ? I’m really trying to educate myself so I don’t sound stupid in serious future discussions X

36 minutes ago, Barbielovesgold said:

Hey honeys I’ve been reading through I lot of this thread and pardon my ignorance but what or who determine the price of gold ? It’s very confusing, I know it isn’t like the stock exchange or is it ? I’m really trying to educate myself so I don’t sound stupid in serious future discussions X

You're flogging large volumes of blister packed gold, and you have no idea on what sets the spot price? You taking the mick?

3 hours ago, Barbielovesgold said:

Its called the Comex or know as the commercial exchange..... its the futures or papers market. So basically when Maggie thatcher introduced the free market, there's was thing called futures and derivatives. Basically its a paper exchange a contract or an IOU. So say you wanted to buy 500oz of silver or gold on the COMEX. You pay me the money and I give a you a piece of paper saying you I owe you 500oz, you dont physically hold the metals, then when the price goes up and you sell it back to me and then you take your money and I take the cert back....

But there's a catch too many of these paper contracts around to say that I have these 500oz in my vault, for every piece of silver  there this amount of paper around.... So there's 466 contracts of silver paper to every physical oz in the world.... So when then the financial crash happens people who have these piece of paper contracts - say to the people holding this silver, give me delivery, there's not enough.....

But it gets worse, devaluation of currencies, bond markets credit default swaps, leverage, Pension yields.. Over inflated stocks based on bullsaht.....

Its basically a house of cards..... 

image.png.b5291b5f2208bdcc3f238287eb6faef9.pngIt

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Its called the Comex or know as the commercial exchange..... its the futures or papers market. So basically when Maggie thatcher introduced the free market, there's was thing called futures and derivatives. Basically its a paper exchange a contract or an IOU. So say you wanted to buy 500oz of silver or gold on the COMEX. You pay me the money and I give a you a piece of paper saying you I owe you 500oz, you dont physically hold the paper, then when the price goes up and you sell it back to me and then you take your money and I take the cert back....

But there's a catch too many of these paper contracts around to say that I have these 500oz in my vault, for every piece of silver  there this amount of paper around.... So there's 466 contracts of silver paper to every physical oz in the world.... So when then the financial crash happens people who have these piece of paper contracts - say to the people holding this silver, give me delivery, there's not enough.....

But it gets worse, devaluation of currencies, bond markets credit default swaps, leverage, Pension yields.. Over inflated stocks based on bullsaht.....

Its basically a house of cards..... 

image.png.b5291b5f2208bdcc3f238287eb6faef9.pngIt

Wow so there’s more to it then I thought. Why didn’t it change after Maggie ended ? X

8 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

You're flogging large volumes of blister packed gold, and you have no idea on what sets the spot price? You taking the mick?

I don’t understand what you are trying to say ? Are you ok hun ? 

9 minutes ago, Barbielovesgold said:

Wow so there’s more to it then I thought. Why didn’t it change after Maggie ended ? X

Why would governments change it when the London bullion market and bullion bankers make millions and governments get a slice of the tax, albeit its all based in the city of Westminster, go look at the spiders web video in my signature block, its all about tax avoidance for the rich, so it gives them popularity.

Remember a politicians career is short lived may 10 years max when they get to the top of their tree. They all get jobs for making speeches when they've done their term.... Boris Johnson made 1.6 million in 4 weeks after leaving office, not forgetting all the non executive director jobs they get when they retire as consultants. oh by the way a majority of MP's have 2nd jobs already....

Rishi Sunak the richest PM in history

Tony Blair 2nd richest PM in history

The list is endless...

Edited by HerefordBullyun

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Why would governments change it when the London bullion market and bullion bankers make millions and governments get a slice of the tax, albeit its all based in the city of Westminster, go look at the spiders web video in my signature block, its all about tax avoidance for the rich, so it gives them popularity.

Remember a politicians career is short lived may 10 years max when they get to the top of their tree. They all get jobs for making speeches when they've done their term.... Boris Johns made 1.6 million in 4 weeks after leaving office, not forgetting all the non executive director jobs they get when they retire as consultants. oh by the way a majority of MP's have 2nd jobs already....

Rishi Sunak the richest PM in history

Tony Blair 2nd richest PM in history

The list is endless...

Thanks for the reply I will give it a watch babe 😘 X

1 hour ago, Barbielovesgold said:

Hi Barbs..😃   I've asked that question 10 times and got 10 different answers.