• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

9 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

I also googled your reference :D 

I crease with laughter every time that actress Tuppence Middleton appears in a film, I just think, poor unfortunate woman. Being a British actress as well, she'd have got some right stick at school with that name. I know when I was at secondary school, the term 'tuppence' was used a lot. I don't buy the Google definitions that it's an old fashioned term.

Edited by SidS

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 04/03/2022 at 11:35, sixgun said:

Well it is good for those in citizens in Germany etc.
Not sure why you say 'Russia's alleged (and dubious) gold reserves of 40,000 tonnes' - sounds like you want it to be untrue - and if you begrudgingly accepted it is true you are making efforts to downplay this. Sounds like you have an agenda here. There are a number of members on the forum who have some issues - call me paranoid but i suspect some of them as agents - like i had to deal with on my COVID thread. That what's @Minimalist and i think anyway.

‘Agents’ 😂😂😂😂 on a silver forum. Heard it all now

18 hours ago, Airhead said:

Taking a bit of a contrarian position, if Russia starts to unload some of its gold reserves, as its sovereign wealth fund has been seized by the west, this could depress the price somewhat, perhaps, maybe. Not sure what effect a few tons of bullion would do to the price, but as they say, buy the dips.

I am not sure Russia could influence the global price.

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

I have ignored some of the Russian proganda pushing members.

It's hilarious to see some accusations in your quote 🤣🤣🤣

Ah just ignore. The anti vaxxer, Russian apologist, climate denier brigade are always one and the same. 

Im not getting into any debate on the aforementioned topics before anyone is triggered.

Just now, TommyTwoShots said:

Not enough reserves to do even if large volumes sold.

Russia will act with China. China has threatened to back the yuan with gold a few years ago - the US said it would amount to a declaration of war so backed off.

So how much reserves do China and Russia have?
How much would you need if they don't have enough?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

A little analysis of current situation, the "gold" market, geo-politics to take on board.

You'll not get this perspective on BBC, Sky, CNN  or the financial advice page of the Sun 

Make your own decision and choices 

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

Russia will act with China. China has threatened to back the yuan with gold a few years ago - the US said it would amount to a declaration of war so backed off.

How much would you need if they don't have enough?

China is not as close to Russia as people like to think. They wouldn’t act in concert. Russia has bigger fish to fry at the moment. 

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

Wait for the traditional "I dont believe their figures" reply when theres no Gold in Fort Knox hence why the threat of WW3 from the US to China and Russia over a gold standard. Westerners will never figure it out, to many suffer from media conditioned psychosis.

Just now, Minimalist said:

Wait for the traditional "I dont believe their figures" reply when theres no Gold in Fort Knox hence why the threat of WW3 from the US to China and Russia over a gold standard. Westerners will never figure it out, to many suffer from media conditioned psychosis.

i know, i think we are wasting our time with them but there will be others who read the threads and don't post. Some people will take notice. i took a lot of stick in the early days of the COVID threads but now we see how it is all coming unravelled. All the crazy stuff sixgun and his comrades were posting was actually true. Amazing. The truth can be stranger than fiction.