• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth Mint Black Flag 2019 Queen's Anne's Revenge

25 minutes ago, Coolrico said:

Only recently got into silver and fell in love with the black flag.. Can't wait for the next one in the series to be released. (I have an unhealthy obsession with pirates) 😂

Maybe you'll like the 2oz privateer rounds.... Arggg

Edited by TheBeast

50 minutes ago, platinreloaded said:

Privateer.png.0fb7313b480cbb9b965fc06b080f87cf.png

@coolrico, I think you need this 2 oz silver rounds also ;)

2 hours ago, TheBeast said:

Maybe you'll like the 2oz privateer rounds.... Arggg

I do like these and have been keeping an eye for them but i can't justify the prices being asked! if you hear or have any going cheap then feel free to let me know!😋

Sorry for the crappy pics, I'll take some better ones tonight with a proper camera.  I'm kind of surprised at how s****** the plastic capsules that APMEX sent these in with, I'll be sending them an email about that....  Lots of scratches on the plastic and some dust on the coins, presumably when they were repackaged.  

5oz-Front.thumb.jpg.3f58c25af6c7b95ca6f3f1660683c10e.jpgPirates-Front.thumb.jpg.62a546544dac754391951472d99d0a90.jpgPirates-Back.thumb.jpg.fe0d74b51e37881af221fb1f7a6bbf80.jpg

5 minutes ago, g33x0r said:

Sorry for the crappy pics, I'll take some better ones tonight with a proper camera.  I'm kind of surprised at how s****** the plastic capsules that APMEX sent these in with, I'll be sending them an email about that....  Lots of scratches on the plastic and some dust on the coins, presumably when they were repackaged.  

5oz-Front.thumb.jpg.3f58c25af6c7b95ca6f3f1660683c10e.jpgPirates-Front.thumb.jpg.62a546544dac754391951472d99d0a90.jpgPirates-Back.thumb.jpg.fe0d74b51e37881af221fb1f7a6bbf80.jpg

Yes, the capsules get thrown aside, and the dust is the usual aftermath of their removing the coins to sort through.

4 hours ago, platinreloaded said:

Privateer.png.0fb7313b480cbb9b965fc06b080f87cf.png

@coolrico, I think you need this 2 oz silver rounds also ;)

What distinguishes the Black Flag Series from these is the Black Flag have, and presumably the rest have actually got historical pirates and not random images. I like that aspect 

On 23/10/2019 at 18:36, Notafront4adragon said:

What distinguishes the Black Flag Series from these is the Black Flag have, and presumably the rest have actually got historical pirates and not random images. I like that aspect 

Agreed and the fact they have gone into so much detail like having blackbeards actual flag on there as well as the skull in the clouds is a big plus in my eyes

Edited by Coolrico
Blackbeards not blackboard lol

35 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

ok, but why dit they put Queen Elisabeth on the avers and not Queen Anne ? It is a Tuvalu. So it would be possible ? Even the kookaburra has a kookaburra on his avers for his 30 years jubi ;) 

Edited by platinreloaded

58 minutes ago, platinreloaded said:

ok, but why dit they put Queen Elisabeth on the avers and not Queen Anne ? It is a Tuvalu. So it would be possible ? Even the kookaburra has a kookaburra on his avers for his 30 years jubi ;) 

Queen Anne? I think you may be confused. Queen Anne is the ship, well Queen Anne's revenge is the ship it was renamed after Teach took it off the French. 

Why would they not put Queen Elizabeth on it, she's their, Tuvalu's, monarch after all. 

1 hour ago, Coolrico said:

Agreed and the fact they have gone into so much detail like having blackboards actual flag on there as well as the skull in the clouds is a big plus in my eyes

Exactly the ship is pretty accurate too, but it's the little touch like the flag that makes me like it even more. Not sure the clouds off North Carolina typically form skulls though.

15 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

Queen Anne? I think you may be confused. Queen Anne is the ship, well Queen Anne's revenge is the ship it was renamed after Teach took it off the French. 

Why would they not put Queen Elizabeth on it, she's their, Tuvalu's, monarch after all. 

Blackbeard renamed the La Concorde to Queen Anne's Revenge because he sailed from Jamaica on the British order with official hijacking letters that entitled him to hijack enemy ships and make booty on behalf of the British Crown. So i think that this lady would be the right for the avers of queen annes reverse.   

1275273383_QueenAnne.thumb.jpg.661038d6494a495a15ef76f3c69edeb6.jpg 

picture: Queen Anne

1 minute ago, platinreloaded said:

Blackbeard renamed the La Concorde to Queen Anne's Revenge because he sailed from Jamaica on the British order with official hijacking letters that entitled him to hijack enemy ships and make booty on behalf of the British Crown. So i think that this lady would be the right for the avers of queen annes reverse.   

1275273383_QueenAnne.thumb.jpg.661038d6494a495a15ef76f3c69edeb6.jpg 

picture: Queen Anne

I see your point. But it's a modern coin, not a round so I guess that's why they did it. Although it would be George the 1st as the reigning monarch when Teach was active.

Who do you think will be next? Piratewise. I do hope they stay historic and don't do something silly like Long John silver etc.