• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth Mint Black Flag 2019 Queen's Anne's Revenge

22 minutes ago, ZatStackz said:

They make low mintage high relief coins that start @ around $200 and up.  Some really nice pieces like the Gods series (Ares, Poseidon) that now go for over $1000.

https://www.powercoin.it/en/203-mennica-polska-poland-mint

*cut image*

Right, that's clear, so thanks for your explanation. :) And off topic, but may I ask you what you think of this coin; https://www.powercoin.it/en/africa/4029-four-horsemen-apocalypse-3-oz-silver-coin-3000-francs-cameroon-2019.html ?

It's a 3 oz silver coin with a mintage of just 500 with in my humble opinion a beautiful design, but it's from Cameroon (as far as I've found out not the relatively safe investment that Canadians, Americans, British, Austrian, and Australian coins usually are), and 3000 CAF equals not even € 5.

So all and all, I'm getting the impression the purchase price of just under € 300 is quite steep for what you're getting, and whether there's a big market for Cameroonian coins in the first place...? 

6 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Just got a availability email from goldsilver.be

either the link isn’t working or it’s sold out already 

f### my life 

When I did see it available. They only had 1. Maybe the rest was sold before I did see it. It’s also possible that they put 1 up for sale every hour or so. Good luck getting it!

1 hour ago, MaxeBaumann said:

277€ ?? My purchase decision was thwarted. I am not crazy and pay these prices for a 5oz. Then I prefer to stay with the 1oz. They are also very nice to look at.
Greetings from Maxe

I was waiting myself for gsbe but no way am i paying that price.

I'm a bit sick i didn't get one yesterday after having one in the basket.

Ah well

As much as i would like to have this in a 65mm version, when price heads toward €300 i have to say no too.

The biggest question is the human element, and i have to ask myself is "am i certain my coin will be as perfect as the mint sent it out"? In a 200 price range i am willing to take that chance. Much greater than that, i can't. For the simple reason the entire stock goes to Apmex first, and from them an allocation to each dealer w/wide. After they have gone through the stock. The fact is, in the days before listing yesterday, Apmex will have already sifted and sorted through the entire stock gathering their choices for grading. This involves removing all coins from the mint capsules. And yes, they certainly will have. How those rejected for grading are handled before getting popped back into the capsules becomes the chance you take on the coin you eventually receive from whichever dealer. Make no mistake, these are the ones that get distributed.

That's not to say there will be anything wrong with them, far from it - they are Perth issued which gives them the best possible chance, even having gone through handling. But everyone knows these still fall into the category of strictly bullion regardless of purchase price, and depending on who you deal with there is often little recourse if you get one that happens to have a mark or graze. Food for thought when paying proof prices for bullion.

8 minutes ago, swAgger said:

As much as i would like to have this in a 65mm version, when price heads toward €300 i have to say no too.

The biggest question is the human element, and i have to ask myself is "am i certain my coin will be as perfect as the mint sent it out"? In a 200 price range i am willing to take that chance. Much greater than that, i can't. For the simple reason the entire stock goes to Apmex first, and from them an allocation to each dealer w/wide. After they have gone through the stock. The fact is, in the days before listing yesterday, Apmex will have already sifted and sorted through the entire stock gathering their choices for grading. This involves removing all coins from the mint capsules. And yes, they certainly will have. How those rejected for grading are handled before getting popped back into the capsules becomes the chance you take on the coin you eventually receive from whichever dealer. Make no mistake, these are the ones that get distributed.

That's not to say there will be anything wrong with them, far from it - they are Perth issued which gives them the best possible chance, even having gone through handling. But everyone knows these still fall into the category of strictly bullion regardless of purchase price, and depending on who you deal with there is often little recourse if you get one that happens to have a mark or graze. Food for thought when paying proof prices for bullion.

I have seen 69 graded coins and 70 Gradings. Can`t see any difference with my eyes. When I get a MS 70 Graded for the price of a non graded coin mabe it is ok. Bus I miss the package and the certificate. Grading of Bullion coins is nonsense. When you want the Black Flag "Queen Annes Revenge" in 70 Grading you have to pay the price for it at APMEX. So what do you want to tell us? I think you meen also that the price for 70 graded Coins is to high ?  Thank you! 

4 minutes ago, platinreloaded said:

I have seen 69 graded coins and 70 Gradings. Can`t see any difference with my eyes. When I get a MS 70 Graded for the price of a non graded coin mabe it is ok. Bus I miss the package and the certificate. Grading of Bullion coins is nonsense. When you want the Black Flag "Queen Annes Revenge" in 70 Grading you have to pay the price for it at APMEX. So what do you want to tell us? I think you meen also that the price for 70 graded Coins is to high ?  Thank you! 

What do i mean to tell you? I thought i was fairly clear. Original Perth-mint-issued no longer applies when Apmex control the stock. They are all opened, removed and handled. It's an added interference between the time the mint send them out, to when you eventually own one. It's a factor and a chance you take when deciding what to pay for collector bullion, from dealers who won't do returns or exchange.

I made no opinions on the practice of grading or the collectors for them or the prices they go for. Each to their own.

OH, it makes no sense to talk bad things about APMEX or the Black Flag series. Do you really believe that anybody has the time to look at 500 BU coins ? 😎

I don`t believe that.

I also believe that a grading of a modern coin in BU is nonsense because I can see no difference between  69 und 70 Gradings with my eyes! 

When you see something else you have good eyes and a microscope that makes things 5 times greater than they are in real life!

Gradings of modern coins are overpriced nonsense. The coins of Perth are all top quality and when you get a 5 oz silvercoin for over 220 Euro with milkspots or scratches you can send it back to the dealer. That`s it. You can see; there is no problem

7 minutes ago, platinreloaded said:

OH, it makes no sense to talk bad things about APMEX or the Black Flag series. Do you really believe that anybody has the time to look at 500 BU coins ? 😎

I don`t believe that.

I also believe that a grading of a modern coin in BU is nonsense because I can see no difference between  69 und 70 Gradings with my eyes! 

When you see something else you have good eyes and a microscope that makes things 5 times greater than they are in real life!

Gradings of modern coins are overpriced nonsense. The coins of Perth are all top quality and when you get a 5 oz silvercoin for over 220 Euro with milkspots or scratches you can send it back to the dealer. That`s it. You can see; there is no problem

lol

super! whatever you say

There we can see a photo of the people who stand in line to make the package in the APMEX warehouse.

I don`t think that there are people with big glasses to watch for scratches  or milkspots on any BU silvercoins...

1940701918_Apmex2.thumb.png.ffd28ce22e652952fc68dfca3fd93dc7.png267744337_apmexshipping.thumb.png.234c54e8556db4e2ae98a7c3c5f3ccff.png

You can see in the APMEX you tube spot at min 2:50 

Edited by platinreloaded

18 hours ago, FunkyChicken said:

Out of curiosity, as I'm still fairly new to this business, but what's so special about Mint of Poland coins? 

Nothing to compare with Mint of Poland and CIT pieces of art !  Not for stacking of course, just for pleasure and contemplation

P1530362.jpg

P1530577.jpg

IMG_6053.jpg

IMG_6054.jpg

P1500315.jpg

10 minutes ago, MaxeBaumann said:

It becomes ever crazier, the dealer coin roof from Germany demands at present 350€. I can only shake my head about it.
Greetings from Maxe

It is a APMEXclusive. So I can understand the high price. Even when we could buye in USA we would have to pay 299 $ + 19 % taxes + shippingcosts!

What I can``t understand is, why APMEX offered the 1 ounze of Silver with an very low mintage of 15.000 pieces for only 22 $.

Don`t they know at APMEX some month ago that everybody loves Captain Blackbeard and all the pirate storys ?       

Edited by platinreloaded

I did not buye the 1oz of Gold because 2.000 Euro was too much premium for me. When it came out it was an new series and nobody was talking about "black flag". There was no hype at all. But yesterday the 5 oz silver came out and I thought 220 Euro is a fair deal for a mintage of 500 coins. The premium was the double of silverspot but in terms of numbers "only" ca. 120 Euro over spot. One ounce of gold was 600 Euro over spot but "only" 1/2 about the gold spot. I fear that the price politics of APMEX could make  bad taste to this pirate motives in future.       

Edited by platinreloaded

Maybe the coin brought out their inner pirate. Even with its limited mintage think it's far too high for an unproven series. That's coming from someone who paid a significant premium on the 1 oz version. But supply and demand i guess and there certainly appears to be a demand at the moment. More money then sense?

12 hours ago, Notafront4adragon said:

Maybe the coin brought out their inner pirate. Even with its limited mintage think it's far too high for an unproven series. That's coming from someone who paid a significant premium on the 1 oz version. But supply and demand i guess and there certainly appears to be a demand at the moment. More money then sense?

It will be a series: https://agaunews.com/perth-mint-kicks-off-its-new-pirate-themed-bullion-coin-series-with-blackbeards-queen-annes-revenge/

4 hours ago, happy2gether said:

What's your point? I know it will be a series. I'm pretty much sure everyone on here knows it will be a series. 

Edited by Notafront4adragon