• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth Mint Black Flag 2019 Queen's Anne's Revenge

5 hours ago, flipstar said:

Got mine the last days

Fingers crossed as it will take some time till I see them in person and will be able to try my first flip. Checking eBay pretty regular so far and in Germany they seem to be doing well so far

IMG-20190821-WA0001.jpg

They don't appear to be selling well on eBay at all.

On 24/08/2019 at 11:17, Notafront4adragon said:

They don't appear to be selling well on eBay at all.

there was one seller who did not bad as long as he was the only seller. But now it seems things slowed down quite a bit

On 28/08/2019 at 05:59, Thommy941 said:

26 left on APMEX. Ordered 5 last week. 

APMEX always plays the game and refill the available quantity. But it has changed the price discount to only one option (no more discount for 10, 20,100... pieces).

In Europe it seems the European Mint is the cheapest dealer.

13 hours ago, happy2gether said:

APMEX always plays the game and refill the available quantity. But it has changed the price discount to only one option (no more discount for 10, 20,100... pieces).

In Europe it seems the European Mint is the cheapest dealer.

Cheapest dealer in the UK is the Silver Trader, he is selling his coins for £26.99 with free delivery and normally gets them to you next day delivery, I have ordered 5 from him. The European Mint does not actually have them in stock and while they are cheaper at €26.06 you have to pay €20 delivery.   

On 13/08/2019 at 14:56, Notafront4adragon said:

I just received mine. I think I must have some of the first ones in the UK!

Super happy with them.

Do you have to pay import duty when they arrive in the UK?

5 hours ago, JackKlugman said:

Cheapest dealer in the UK is the Silver Trader, he is selling his coins for £26.99 with free delivery and normally gets them to you next day delivery, I have ordered 5 from him. The European Mint does not actually have them in stock and while they are cheaper at €26.06 you have to pay €20 delivery.   

Wow, that's just silly, here it's $19 for generics...that's like £16.

6 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Wow, that's just silly, here it's $19 for generics...that's like £16.

In the US? Where I may have to ask my brother to pick up some. Silver sucks in the UK. It's expensive (plus value added tax!) and pretty illiquid compared to what I hear in comparison to the US.

5 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

In the US? Where I may have to ask my brother to pick up some. Silver sucks in the UK. It's expensive (plus value added tax!) and pretty illiquid compared to what I hear in comparison to the US.

Ask at most coin shops, generics are $1over spot and less if you're in good standing...don't get them from pawnbrokers, they ask for silly money..coin shops..just Google coin shop in my area when you or rather your brother is here.

7 hours ago, JackKlugman said:

European Mint still has plenty in stock. They also offer 6-month free storage for later combined shipping, but not useful for British buyers because nobody knows what Brexit will bring (new customs, tax,...). But Silver Trader offers discount the more you buy.

Edited by happy2gether

I only have five of the coins and they are all in lovely condition, with no scratches or dings (take note Royal Mint). Problem is we have no idea how many is in the set or when they will be issued. The Perth Mint were commissioned by Apmex to produce these coins and they have not made that information available. 

6 hours ago, JackKlugman said:

I only have five of the coins and they are all in lovely condition, with no scratches or dings (take note Royal Mint). Problem is we have no idea how many is in the set or when they will be issued. The Perth Mint were commissioned by Apmex to produce these coins and they have not made that information available. 

Will all the subsequent releases be Apmex Exclusives?  I think they still have quite a few in stock, but hoping I'm wrong.  eBay seems to have settled out at $35 per for the time being.

I hope the subsequent releases are as awesome looking as the first.  I think they did an amazing design job.  I'm assuming they'll be a one-a-year release.  I also hope they are at least a four or five coin series and would love to see it longer if the designs stay cool.

Edited by Branman1986

18 minutes ago, Branman1986 said:

Will all the subsequent releases be Apmex Exclusives?  They're a bit of a pain in the neck.  I think they still have quite a few in stock, but hoping I'm wrong.  eBay seems to have settled out at $35 per for the time being.

I hope the subsequent releases are as awesome looking as the first.  I think they did an amazing design job.  I'm assuming they'll be a one-a-year release.  I also hope they are at least a four or five coin series and would love to see it longer if the designs stay cool.

Yes they will be, I contacted the Perth Mint a few weeks ago and they stated "The Queen Anne's revenge series is a coin that was commissioned by Apmex, and as such it is only available exclusively through them"

I hope that they will be issued every few months, once a year will be a pain !

Edited by JackKlugman

3 minutes ago, JackKlugman said:

Yes they will be, I contacted the Perth Mint a few weeks ago and they stated "The Queen Anne's revenge series is a coin that was commissioned by Apmex, and as such it is only available exclusively through them"

I hope that they will be issued every few months, once a year will be a pain !

Ah good to know... Smart commission on their part!

over 1 day already and no restock at Apmex. 

I love this coin. Amazing details and good quality, as usual from the Perth Mint.

I have also bought the new bullion ship coin "Batavia" from the Royal Australian Mint. Not so great and already full of milk spots, like the Mob of Roos and Dolphin.  Something in common with the British Royal Mint. I won't buy any higher premium bullion from the RAM or Royal Mint again.

6 hours ago, happy2gether said:

over 1 day already and no restock at Apmex. 

There is some speculation that APMEX are only adding a few hundred coins at a time to their site to seem like the coin is going out of stock quickly to try and create a artificial scarcity. I have no idea. I just want to know when they are shipping the next one and how many there will be in this series. I guess that will be down to how well they sell.   

Edited by JackKlugman

9 hours ago, JackKlugman said:

There is some speculation that APMEX are only adding a few hundred coins at a time to their site to seem like the coin is going out of stock quickly to try and create a artificial scarcity. I have no idea. I just want to know when they are shipping the next one and how many there will be in this series. I guess that will be down to how well they sell.   

yes, that's true. but last restocks are not in hundreds anymore but in tens. it seems that Apmex's overall stock comes soon to an end.

I can only say for other series, like the Swan. Apmex did it for years already. As you mentioned as long a series sells well, Apmex will issue another version. I guess next motive for Black Flag series will be next year.

Edited by happy2gether