• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

Message added by ChrisSilver,

The Gold Monitoring topic (USD) only is for discussion about the gold price in USD. For the GBP Gold Monitoring topic please see here

Please do use the other sections of the forum for other discussions or if you think that your post is likely to that this topic off track it is likely better suited to it's own topic in another section of the forum.

There is also a general hangout topic.

On an 8h time frame gold hit the 50dma and silver the 20dma almost exactly

$1950 gold and $27 silver

We will see if that's the bottom.. or there's more to come, I think it might be the bottom 

Edit> spoke too soon, both broken, this is going to be a very nice buying opportunity

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 hour ago, Kman said:

On an 8h time frame gold hit the 50dma and silver the 20dma almost exactly

$1950 gold and $27 silver

We will see if that's the bottom.. or there's more to come, I think it might be the bottom 

Edit> spoke too soon, both broken, this is going to be a very nice buying opportunity

Fortunatly the ratio is still in the ballpark for conversion.

According to Keiser Report
Warren Buffett goes mega long gold! Berkshire buys nearly 21 million shares of Barrack Gold. . . get ready for gold moon on Monday morning!
Stand clear the blue touch paper has been lit.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

8 hours ago, sixgun said:
According to Keiser Report
Warren Buffett goes mega long gold! Berkshire buys nearly 21 million shares of Barrack Gold. . . get ready for gold moon on Monday morning!
Stand clear the blue touch paper has been lit.

Yup, just heard the same from an Investment Manager on my Linked-In this morning. He buys them his followers buy!!

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

2 hours ago, vand said:

Price action suggests a very real chance we will move above the recent high rather than go below the recent low. With gold at $2000 right now I think it’s a coin flip whether we see $2200 or $1800 first.

What crazy times we live in.

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-08-12/-Last-great-buying-opportunity-Gold-price-can-dip-below-1-700-this-year-before-resuming-its-path-towards-15K-Goehring-Rozencwajg-Associates.html

Goehring & Rozencwajg Associates were suggesting $1,500-$1,700 levels for later this year.

Anyone else think it can go back to $1,700 within the next few months?

9 minutes ago, BobnotTed said:

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-08-12/-Last-great-buying-opportunity-Gold-price-can-dip-below-1-700-this-year-before-resuming-its-path-towards-15K-Goehring-Rozencwajg-Associates.html

Goehring & Rozencwajg Associates were suggesting $1,500-$1,700 levels for later this year.

Yes I am leaning towards that but who knows.

Now Warren Buffet has bought a gold miner that must be the top. He is the 6 pack joe never bought gold before rushing in before it crashes.  

3 minutes ago, KDave said:

Now Warren Buffet has bought a gold miner that must be the top. He is the 6 pack joe never bought gold before rushing in before it crashes.  

Yes I was intrigued when I heard that, though on further inspection the amount bought in relation to the capital at their disposal is very small. So small, it's quite possible it was made by one of his two advisers rather than him.

1 hour ago, BobnotTed said:

I have a trend line draw in that I expect to hold

It slides from ~$1700 today to ~$1830 being the bottom at the start of 2021

Whether I'm right and whether we touch down and test that in the next 6 months who knows

It's 15% drop though from where we are now, that's very big for gold, what would be the catalyst? 

Edited by Kman

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

6 minutes ago, Kman said:

Whether I'm right and whether we touch down and test that in the next 6 months who knows

It's 15% drop though from where we are now, that's very big for gold, what would be the catalyst? 

Changing news on scale and impact of recession.  It has been observed that gold is not a hedge for inflation, its a hedge for bad news.  ~$1700 would remain high for long term trends and still be within bull market, healthy even for long term. 

52 minutes ago, Kman said:

USD :D

1 hour ago, Kman said:

any hint of the Fed turning slightly more hawkish on interest rates (highly unlikely imo)

or
news of a proven, reliable vaccine 

Added 0 minutes later...
2 hours ago, BobnotTed said:

It's plausible there will be some form of banking crisis allowing a temporary drawback.

would put a rocket under Gold imo

8 hours ago, BobnotTed said:

Of course no one know but I dont see $1,500 gold for a long time.

I only see the covid impact extending further and further with more business impact and lockdowns. That alone suggests more and more stimulus.

But regardless of what happens with covid now, I think soon we will begin to start seeing the real state of world economies. Right now the average person is distracted from the real problem some nations face, massive debt, no growth, inflated stocks and economies hitting the end of the long term debt cycle. Once the narrative changes from health and pandemic to financial meltdown, gold could go crazy.

I also think there is a good chance of another big pullback on stock markets. That could again bring gold back with it, but I just dont see it. People see it coming now and the wise investors already be positioned in gold and have other forms of liquidity. Contrary, I think another stock market pull back could see a lot of movement into gold.

28 minutes ago, daca said:

Another red day for gold

-42.50$
-2.12%

Dollar and 10 year US bonds had a little spike up but they seem to have run out of steam already

Gold looking strong at $1960 support area

Silver looking strong at $27

Things are looking good atm for a little consolidation and resumption up but we shall see 

Edited by Kman

The federal reserve released some minutes, probably something I should know to keep track of if I wasn't such a novice 🥺 will make sure I note it down in future

Spiked the dollar, sent gold/silver and spx down - maybe just temporarily 

https://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/files/fomcminutes20200729.pdf

I haven't got time to read through it properly atm, I'm sure some news outlets will pick out the important parts but I couldn't find many good articles as of yet

They noted that the path of the economy would depend significantly on the course of the virus and that the ongoing public health crisis would weigh heavily on economic activity, employment, and inflation in the near term and posed considerable risks to the economic outlook over the medium term

To support the flow of credit to households and businesses, over coming months the Federal Reserve will increase its holdings of Treasury securities and agency residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities at least at the current pace 

Nevertheless, economic activity still appeared to have declined at a historically rapid rate in the second quarter. The projected rate
of recovery in real GDP, and the pace of declines in the unemployment rate, over the second half of this year were expected to be somewhat less robust than in the
previous forecast. 

Inflation was projected to remain subdued this year, reflecting the substantial amount of slack in resource utilization and the sizable declines in consumer energy prices earlier this year

Consistent with the Committee’s decision to leave the target range for the federal funds rate unchanged, the Board of Governors voted unanimously to leave the interest rates on required and excess reserve balances at 0.10 percent.