• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

Message added by ChrisSilver,

The Gold Monitoring topic (USD) only is for discussion about the gold price in USD. For the GBP Gold Monitoring topic please see here

Please do use the other sections of the forum for other discussions or if you think that your post is likely to that this topic off track it is likely better suited to it's own topic in another section of the forum.

There is also a general hangout topic.

Here is a reasonable article on dollar weakness, that I think will help Gold and why the weakness may continue.

But like all of this type of articles, treat with caution!

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Something that I have not looked at for a while is GVX - Gold volatility index.  Has risen as Gold price has risen. Not sure it this is simply a product of ramped Gold prices or if this indicates price swings are more likely.  

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/^GVZ?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20vc2VhcmNoP3E9Z3Z6K3ZvbGF0aWxpdHkmZm9ybT1BUElQSDEmUEM9QVBQTA&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHfg83e1fzQ4CkAFq98Yk5epnGmxbtFfMc0FmaPpayuc_ksFelwurLocmfsN-ZIlmiUYMr150LUJVLJzc9DyFwqcNtglt8-b1M84FqDFfCaWeWZFuRao0L8DLNQ-oRxUEfKljF7-7442lZx8y2cqdBgu7Z3DooW7mfzOVA_RWwiS

An interesting thing to look at is 2011

After gold touched $1900 for the first time there was a sell off down to $1700 in two days 

My guess it is wont be nearly as severe but  lower $1800s seems possible, my mouth is watering at a leveraged buy around there, I have my fingers firmly crossed this will happen 

It's annoying because in my swing trading thread I did buy at $1797 before this massive move up but I sold way too quickly at $1810, took crumbs when I should have been having steak, got complacent because it kept getting rejected there 

2011selloff.thumb.png.e61fd240a42fa72a8d82377549c12f9f.png

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Golds going strong in the first 20 minutes getting up to $1910, could be headed for an all time high today

I'm not actually sure what the all time high is? I googled and it says $1920 some places & $1921 another 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Reached $1944 absolutely smashed the record with ease wow

Silver and bitcoin also flying, what a start to the week

I'm not sure exactly where it is I'm not a too familiar with forex but I think the dollar has either broken or is very very close to breaking a 2011 trend line which is huge, very weak 

dollar.thumb.png.2aba2cb8e95ec6bc652fbaed34806542.png

It all looks down to the dollar in the short term

Just from what I'm roughly observing atm (I might be way off) it seems like for every 1% the dollar falls gold goes up around 4x and silver 10x

I'm not sure what will happen with the dollar next I'm going to try and learn more about it but one scenario that seems possible is that we will see a 2% bounce up soon before it continues down

2% bounce could mean gold down 8% and silver down 20%

That would be $1800 ish gold and $20 silver 

Looking what happened in 2011 gold high you couldn't say a weak dollar lifted gold up to $1900 but you could say dollar strength took it down to $1528 bottom

8% dollar rise - 20% gold drop

golddownprice.thumb.png.841f23d9ab772901e877a8ba4a6f8581.png

Edited by Kman

Ok, you two are in time out for being debbie downers...i think gold will hit $2.000 / oz before the end of august...and silver will cross $30 by then too....see, i have no charts and nothing more then watching the news and having my goldprice website but hey, i was right about 80-1 ratio so im going to try another bet, put my $5 on this rising for a while yet, till oil goes over $60 a barrel and the national stockpiles of countries oil supply drops to 80% 

Interesting that a number of banks are predicting Gold hitting USD2k shortly.  The media variously agreeing, but not sure they really describe all of the drivers for the price increases well. There is a perfect storm for Gold prices at the moment;

US China relations

QE

Bad numbers from the US economy

Covid - particularly in the US

As these drivers dissipate, Gold in USD may well fall back for a while is my guess.

QE however is not going away... 

8 hours ago, dicker said:

Interesting that a number of banks are predicting Gold hitting USD2k shortly.  The media variously agreeing, but not sure they really describe all of the drivers for the price increases well. There is a perfect storm for Gold prices at the moment;

US China relations

QE

Bad numbers from the US economy

Covid - particularly in the US

As these drivers dissipate, Gold in USD may well fall back for a while is my guess.

QE however is not going away... 

Greed, thats what theyre thinking, maybe motivate people to buy gold with their stimulous money...boy that would send a shock through the system, no shopping but stashing....the dollar would plummet.

Edited by DarkChameleon