• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

Message added by ChrisSilver,

The Gold Monitoring topic (USD) only is for discussion about the gold price in USD. For the GBP Gold Monitoring topic please see here

Please do use the other sections of the forum for other discussions or if you think that your post is likely to that this topic off track it is likely better suited to it's own topic in another section of the forum.

There is also a general hangout topic.

Bank of America is saying 3k gold

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I've been looking at the gold chart and I've drawn in something I really like

I've always had the blue lines but I zoomed out and looked at the bigger picture

goldchart.thumb.jpg.3f78241301ee1e1432db5de367664157.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

On 25/11/2020 at 21:22, Martlet said:

Break of the support gives a target of ~1650.

Hello, 1775 was my target for the retracement from the august high 

For me, strong support in the 1750/1775 zone, (50% fibonacci around 1765,  short term resistances around May, now support (before the explosion to the historic highs),  very strong LT previous resistances, from (2011-2013), now support.

To be noted :

- the DXY (dollar index)on the verge of breaking support now (target : 88 - 2018 bottom). However, it needs to be confirmed because the DXY pattern could be a descending wedge (bullish). If the falling DXY is confirmed, it's very bullish for gold.

- Friday, interestingly, the miners (GDX, GDXJ) did not follow the trend  and they finished higher, despite the lower gold price. It was a low market volume, and we need to see if this trend continues today to confirm a divergence that could induce a bottom for gold.

- Gold RSI daily is now in oversold territory  

Gold could spike lower of course, but it would stay at these levels for a short time. 

LT Trend is definitely very bullish and the retracement from the highs, very healthy - next target 2400/2500 usd 

Edited by Frenchie

On 29/08/2020 at 05:12, Oldun said:

I think this is where a drift down begins over the next couple of months. I cant see au being allowed to rise into an election imho. I could easily envisage a $200 drift lower to @ $1750 from here before the next assault upwards.

Are we nearly there yet ? ;)

16 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

In gold that can be made up in a week, with elections, brexit, money flowing from everywhere, greedcame in and now its flowing out...I think by years end it will be back to $1850 and higher.

Things start to kick off from Spring 2021 imho. Barclays have just increased interest rates on 5 fixed interest residental mortgage types...does this signal the start of inflation ? 

Edited by Oldun

41 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Things start to kick off from Spring 2021 imho. Barclays have just increased interest rates on 5 fixed interest residental mortgage types...does this signal the start of inflation ? 

Signals their need to make profits increase from mortgages, if the stone rolls 9ntop of home owners this may be turned around with many rental and foreclosed hitting the market in the next three to six months.

• 3 weeks later...

900 billion fiscal stimulus vote going tonight. Watch the gold and pm miner markets price this week. 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454