• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

Message added by ChrisSilver,

The Gold Monitoring topic (USD) only is for discussion about the gold price in USD. For the GBP Gold Monitoring topic please see here

Please do use the other sections of the forum for other discussions or if you think that your post is likely to that this topic off track it is likely better suited to it's own topic in another section of the forum.

There is also a general hangout topic.

I was right to be so bullish a couple of months ago. I have been quietly emptying my bank account which was nearly £40K at one point and buying lots of metal and mining shares.

I'm not going to be burnt by the inflation that's coming our way.

3 hours ago, 5huggy said:

ANYONE! want to tell me after looking at this chart for today 03/07/2020 that there isn't any manipulation occurring!

In what way? Seems like a very quiet trading session, maybe something to do with tomorrow being the 4th July?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Chaos in Gold Markets Ripples to Other Precious Metals

By 

Justina Vasquez

2 July 2020, 22:10 BST Updated on 3 July 2020, 05:00 BST

The chaos that engulfed the gold market in March as the global pandemic choked off physical trading routes is rippling through other precious metals, resulting in price dislocations and a surge in exchange inventories for silver and platinum.

The gold market was thrown into turmoil in March as lockdowns grounded planes and closed refineries, leading traders to worry they wouldn’t be able to get gold to New York in time to deliver against futures contracts. That caused futures, which typically trade close to the London spot price, to soar to a premium, inflicting losses on banks that struggled to close arbitrage bets and spurring them to shift some positions out of New York futures.
There are signs that the dynamic isn’t limited to gold. Silver and platinum futures have traded at elevated levels relative to spot metals since early April. And as in the case of gold, the premiums are spurring big increases in on-exchange inventories in New York.

2 hours ago, Kman said:

My guess is it's going to bounce off $1800 back to $1700 then break through $1800 strong 🦾

This is its second attempt to stop above, this second peak covid could be what pushes it, if the dollar weakens as it should....this pie in the sky about schools opening in august is a joke or tragity about to happen

3 hours ago, cornishrich said:

$2000 in 6 months you think? 

Any hint of the econonmic bubble bursting from the fake money thrown at it will take gold to two easily, the wat it took it from $900 to $1800 at fair speed in the last round, just needs public distrust of the economy andthe new old selling their gold and pms at once and its off to the unknown.

6 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

This is its second attempt to stop above, this second peak covid could be what pushes it, if the dollar weakens as it should....this pie in the sky about schools opening in august is a joke or tragity about to happen

Well time will tell

I think it's going $1820 to $1720 to $1900 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

The gold price action since 2016 has been the early adopters, but IMO we are now moving into the main phase of the bull market where institutional investors get on board. This will last another few years during which the price should at least double.

Let's hear it: