• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

Message added by ChrisSilver,

The Gold Monitoring topic (USD) only is for discussion about the gold price in USD. For the GBP Gold Monitoring topic please see here

Please do use the other sections of the forum for other discussions or if you think that your post is likely to that this topic off track it is likely better suited to it's own topic in another section of the forum.

There is also a general hangout topic.

• Founder & Administrator

Recent posts about USD prices have been moved to the USD topic. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Well he is probably speaking about paper gold contracts and he might be right i would say even lower, when street realized how much paper gold is worth it will go to 0. But Physical will stay around 1700-1800$ any way or even go higher.

To provide some counter balance published  on the April 8, 2020 YouTube Lynette Zang & Egon Von Greyerz Talk Gold & Resets.

If you think Gold going to $1400 then sell some, think going to $2300 then buy some but regardless of either scenario I would always hold a core amount of physical Gold not for sale at any price nobody has a crystal ball.

The worry seems to be about the persistent differential between OTC and futures. Swiss refineries are ramping up the production and flying cargo is a non-issue, so... why the gap? 

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 11.43.09 am.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Abyss said:

To provide some counter balance published  on the April 8, 2020 YouTube Lynette Zang & Egon Von Greyerz Talk Gold & Resets.

If you think Gold going to $1400 then sell some, think going to $2300 then buy some but regardless of either scenario I would always hold a core amount of physical Gold not for sale at any price nobody has a crystal ball.

No bias there

11 hours ago, Melon said:

Ah well if the random post from an unspecified source, posted on TSF by a new member on their first post says so, who am I to disagree! 

Selling gold! Fire sale!! PM me now!!!

60S GIF

8 hours ago, 5huggy said:

nemKFK0q

The futures have gold in June at 1760 so I'm still in the game...but what is people level, they had the ratio at 40 - 1 or 100 - 1 to exchange so what's the sell some or most gold at? And what's the level for silver? ... we also have this wierd thing of looking at sales for o n.v e point then paper for the other...at the end of the day sales means more then paper ever will, when gold was at 100 - 1 I offerred one full sovereign for 20 eagles and nobody would bite...probably still not, that was based on paper not sales, you can sell 20 eagles for $450 and buy one full sovereign for ?.

2 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

when gold was at 100 - 1 I offerred one full sovereign for 20 eagles and nobody would bite

the reason nobody would bite is that people know better than

to make trades at 50/50 odds. the risk to reward ratio when

playing the gsr at anything but the extreme ends is simply not

worth it. the spread on all physical commodities is too big to

trade tiny fluctuations like that. the gold price has gone up but

it's not worth chasing it up at this late stage in the wave.

HH

23 hours ago, vand said:

The mining sector having virtually halved and then doubled back within the space of a month is having its umpteenth attempt at breaking out:

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=GDX&uf=0&typ

Finished with a very unpromising reversal on the day => a high chance that we are at a short term top.

Added 0 minutes later...
On 14/04/2020 at 00:53, Tn21 said:

Dent's a deflationary luny. Ignore him.

I have followed Dent for a while, he is the deflationary version of schiff who I have more time for, but unlike Schiff, Dent does not understand the concept of gold as money, he sees only the material aspects as a commodity (inflation hedge). 

He is right that gold is topping though. 

16 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

the reason nobody would bite is that people know better than

to make trades at 50/50 odds. the risk to reward ratio when

playing the gsr at anything but the extreme ends is simply not

worth it. the spread on all physical commodities is too big to

trade tiny fluctuations like that. the gold price has gone up but

it's not worth chasing it up at this late stage in the wave.

HH

People were talking about getting into gold, i was offering a fair exchange, got offerred 20 generics but that wasnt the offer, i was testing to see if and when people would take the deal...i was suprised by how long people held on, the first t8ne i got an offer the ratiowas 120 - 1....i know everyone wants a deal but a steal is for beginners.

4 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

People were talking about getting into gold, i was offering a fair exchange, got offerred 20 generics but that wasnt the offer, i was testing to see if and when people would take the deal...i was suprised by how long people held on, the first t8ne i got an offer the ratiowas 120 - 1....i know everyone wants a deal but a steal is for beginners.

getting into gold and trading the gsr are two completely different things.

HH

4 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

If youhave a bunch if silver and want to get intigold it makes sense to exchange, people are doing it on here all the time.

they can simply buy gold independently of their silver holdings.

for example, in the last 10 years the best year to buy gold was

2015. but the highest gsr(best year to swap gold for silver) is

this year. very different trades with different timings.

HH

3 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

Well when trading the gsr it wouldn’t matter if they where 20 rounds or 20 ASE. 

perhaps people didn’t want to trade ASE with the gsr? Thinking there ASE more valuable than there weight in silver?