• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

Message added by ChrisSilver,

The Gold Monitoring topic (USD) only is for discussion about the gold price in USD. For the GBP Gold Monitoring topic please see here

Please do use the other sections of the forum for other discussions or if you think that your post is likely to that this topic off track it is likely better suited to it's own topic in another section of the forum.

There is also a general hangout topic.

37 minutes ago, Bxlsteve said:

Well when trading the gsr it wouldn’t matter if they where 20 rounds or 20 ASE. 

perhaps people didn’t want to trade ASE with the gsr? Thinking there ASE more valuable than there weight in silver? 

Probably because thet are, usually about 2 to 4 dolli ars more per coin.

1 hour ago, GoldenPhil said:

If gold goes to $1000 I am buying a lot more 

No! We are in a different paradigm now. The big players are trying to bash the nominal paper price down because one of them is in trouble.

I reckon this will go on for  a few days then come Thursday we will have  a big rise. (Just noticed that HGM is temporarily closed). 

Edited by Cointreau

9 minutes ago, Cointreau said:

Well, I think the last two days have been quite bullish for the metals. I was expecting a downturn.

Me too! I sold a load of stock last week (just before gold expiry date...see below), only to buy back in yesterday...but I don’t think I will be holding for long...you have to be nimble is these volatile times!

Expiry dates for 2020:- All sorts of weird and wonderful activities go on around these dates...I try to avoid being long at these times!

D09E8B7D-5EF3-4A84-BF9F-4D70FB7EE149.thumb.png.2713b330974ab2ae196ed46086267910.png

4 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Yep, I can see this getting rather ugly today...time to buckle up..this could be a rough ride.😬

There's no gold! Gold longs will be asking for physical delivery in these worrying times. And the shorts will have to go get some and pay through the nose.

Gold and silver are primed for take off. I have not stopped buying yet. Oh no. That Chards fella is sitting pretty with all them sovereigns imo.

The mining sector is absolutely key right now.

It bounced back very well after the shakeout - much better than investors have been conditioned to expect - and held up very well yesterday, still on the brink of a breakout from a huge 7yr base. 

Could easily break out today on the back of the increasing gold price. If gold can run back up to $1750 the miners should reach escape velocity.

1 hour ago, vand said:

The mining sector is absolutely key right now.

It bounced back very well after the shakeout - much better than investors have been conditioned to expect - and held up very well yesterday, still on the brink of a breakout from a huge 7yr base. 

Could easily break out today on the back of the increasing gold price. If gold can run back up to $1750 the miners should reach escape velocity.

What do you think of https://www.thormining.com/ ? 

According to a recent interview with Rick Rule, the usual course of events when the gold mining sector breaks out is that the big names move up first, then mid-caps and finally money trickles down to the juniors. When the price of juniors starts to move up, they may well use this as an opportunity to raise more capital, and this will keep a lid on their share price, at least for a while. Generalist investors who don't understand the intricacies of the mining sector will buy big liquid stocks like Newmont and Barrick, or the GDX and GDXJ funds.

21 minutes ago, Bumble said:

According to a recent interview with Rick Rule, the usual course of events when the gold mining sector breaks out is that the big names move up first, then mid-caps and finally money trickles down to the juniors. When the price of juniors starts to move up, they may well use this as an opportunity to raise more capital, and this will keep a lid on their share price, at least for a while. Generalist investors who don't understand the intricacies of the mining sector will buy big liquid stocks like Newmont and Barrick, or the GDX and GDXJ funds.

You listened to the same Palisade Radio podcast i did last night. i have a lot of time from Rick Rule. He is very experienced, he has a proven track record. Worth posting the video here i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2bf8HdGNeE

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

The last time the price of gold was as high as it is now was in 2011-12, and back then GDX was about 60, which is nearly twice as high as it is now. So there is plenty of room for upside. But you have to remember that many mines and refineries are closed because of the virus. Also, miners are among the most risky businesses you can own: floods, collapses, strikes, nationalisation, tax hikes, criminal gangs, terrorist attacks, and just greedy and incompetent management.

3 hours ago, Bumble said:

Think the big names have already gone, whats in the mid-cap and smaller thats worth looking at?