• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

Message added by ChrisSilver,

The Gold Monitoring topic (USD) only is for discussion about the gold price in USD. For the GBP Gold Monitoring topic please see here

Please do use the other sections of the forum for other discussions or if you think that your post is likely to that this topic off track it is likely better suited to it's own topic in another section of the forum.

There is also a general hangout topic.

1 hour ago, Martlet said:

Events influence market sentiment. There is a significant difference between conflict in Crimea (no one really cared, except the Ukrainians) and the middle east. 

I agree, a war in the middle east would have global consequences, while Ukranian conflicts was just a local conflict as there are many in the world

38 minutes ago, paolo said:

Ukranian conflicts was just a local conflict as there are many in the world

Really ? I think the spheres of influence extend far beyond the borders of Ukraine and are sensitive enough to create a cold war, if not more. Ukraine is just an excuse in this geopolitical chessboard

1 hour ago, DarkChameleon said:

So the price risesagain, wonder why...oh yes, Iran attacks American base...I like gold and silver going up but not at the expense of my son having to be deployed the second he gets home because some fool decides he wants a war to win an election.

I hope your son doesn’t get called up. Whilst the gold and silver price rise is interesting (in a way) it’s not worth the risk of life. Not ever. I hope your son is safe and well.

Have to wait to see if this is an over reaction to news before any confirmation of current price and its ability to set up camp at these levels   And the run in to April sure will look interesting if there is follow through....especially if there is weakness in the SM

Edited by Oldun

i knew something had gone down b/c i was watching the gold price. The price spiked - what has happened in the world?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Trump would lose the election if he went to war. America doesn't win wars but this would be one that would be lost.
Find a reason, any reason to pull out of the Middle East and the average American will be cheering in the streets.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

39 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Trump would lose the election if he went to war. America doesn't win wars but this would be one that would be lost.
Find a reason, any reason to pull out of the Middle East and the average American will be cheering in the streets.

That's what at least 75% of the public would like. The problem is the money in the political system is controlled by Zionist/MIC interests. The other problem is the US needs as much oil traded for dollars as possible. If the US leaves the Middle East then that process likely accelerates. To be clear I'm fully in favor of a non-interventionist foreign policy and would love to see Empire/Bankster USA turn back into Apple Pie/USA.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

0Rc5_l33_bigger.jpg

Lebanon defaulted on DOLLAR DENOMINATED DEBT Dollar bugs take note
11:32 AM · Mar 8, 2020·Twitter for Android

siriusreport

In a broader context, this missing minimum $21tn is indicative of the US printing dollars Zimbabwean style and that there is actually tens of trillions more dollars in the system than conventional wisdom understands. These dollars are going eventually to come home which is going to cause rampant hyper-inflation. The consequences for the American people is self-evident, economically, socially and politically. It is also why the principal reason why the world is de-dollarising because they have realised that the US has been partaking in this reckless debasement of the dollar.

this doesn't even make sense.

the debt is the problem not the dollar.

eg lebanon defaulted on gold denominated debt.

(this would be true if we were still on a gold standard).

(country) defaulted on (currency) denominated debt.

historically wars were funded by gold. now wars are

funded by the dollar. it's the war that's the problem

not which currency/money it's funded by.

considering much of the worlds assets/debts are

denominated in dollars. any default is likely to be in

dollars.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

On 08/03/2020 at 00:41, CadmiumGreen said:

Ahhh...the good ol’ days!😊
Richard, do you know how many Gold Pesos you would have in your collection at that price!😁

I don't know if that list is in dollars or pounds but a sovereign there is rougly one fourteenth of the Dow number.

The Dow being 794 and the sov 55.

One fourteenth of the recent Dow high of 29000 would give you a figure of 2000 for a sovereign. Hmm!

It's quite possible that the dollar spot of gold will reach parity with the Dow and beyond.

Edited by Cointreau

5 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Now gold is down $60 on the day.

It's all going down in the short term.  Most of the developed world is on the brink of a lockdown, if not already.  That's gonna rip through the markets and we're only just at the beginning of how this is going to collapse businesses the world over and everyone lose their job.  I think in a month or two's time, PM prices will likely be the last thing on our minds - seriously. :blink:

3 minutes ago, goldking said:

It's all going down in the short term.  Most of the developed world is on the brink of a lockdown, if not already.  That's gonna rip through the markets and we're only just at the beginning of how this is going to collapse businesses the world over and everyone lose their job.  I think in a month or two's time, PM prices will likely be the last thing on our minds - seriously. :blink:

Spent all weekend hiding my tubes in the toilet rolls, got 6 months food and meds for family, front door sealed off, pop corn time!

In the 2008 financial crisis things happening using the same play book but a lot quicker and faster. We have the shortest amount of time Dow losing 20% in bear market. What we are seeing in global markets, currency markets (GBP/USD at 1.32 last week now at 1.22) moves in PM happening at record pace. My initial thought wait a month for Silver below $14 and Gold below $1500 and back up the truck but witnessing volatility and price movements in all assets classes never seen before.

Edited by Abyss

2 hours ago, Wonger said:

Spent all weekend hiding my tubes in the toilet rolls, got 6 months food and meds for family, front door sealed off, pop corn time!

Crikey now Wonger comes clean; we are brothers in arms. That's those inscrutable Chinese for you

i don't think people are bothered about the paper price now - the veil has slipped - i just spoke to a friend he said he would have to call me back as he was trying to buy some silver - and it had all sold out! He isn't even a stacker.