• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

49 minutes ago, MickB said:

Sorry Chris, I didn't have my glasses with me at the time as I would have checked the condition if I did. Thought I'd post the set here for anyone interested. It might be worth ringing them to ask about their condition. Very friendly staff in there. 

1 hour ago, MickB said:

Marked up for £2750 but Aylesbury Bullion would accept £2250 for this 2012 proof set. 

IMG_20230126_102154.jpg

That is a very good price, if you are into proof sets. Chards are selling same set for £4300. 

Never Chase and Never Regret 

53 minutes ago, MickB said:

Sorry Chris, I didn't have my glasses with me at the time as I would have checked the condition if I did. Thought I'd post the set here for anyone interested. It might be worth ringing them to ask about their condition. Very friendly staff in there. 

Thanks very much @MickB. It is so tempting.

@MickB @James32 Unfortunately due to work I was only able to call the shop about 10 minutes ago and the 2012 sovereign set had already sold. Apparently I was the third person from the Forum to call and the first person bought it. It was a great spot @MickB and I am a little disappointed to have missed out but on the positive side someone on here has saved me a lot of money! 🤣 I was only really interested in the double sovereign so if the person who bought the set is looking to sell this coin and can do me a good deal then please send me a private message. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Half sovereign listing with a Gillick portrait... These weren't made in half sovs by the Royal Mint 

Nearly got one from BBP but sold out now 😆 

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/specific-year-half-sovereign/unavailable-years-half-sovereign/1958-gold-half-sovereigns-dont-exist/

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Lol.... no gillick half bullion sovs exist. That's why I gave up on the idea of a full set of portraits in half sovs. 

Low mintage then?!

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

30 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/1-4oz-gold-coins/pre-owned-chinese-panda-8g-gold-coin-mixed-dates pretty decent deal, specific years can definitely fetch at least that, but no idea if its a minger coin which has been chewed on.

The 8g is definitely the one to get as buying four, you end up with more then an ounce of pure gold 

Never Chase and Never Regret 

• 2 weeks later...

There’s a 30x nectar code coming up on eBay on Valentine’s Day - can anyone think of any reasonable bullion sellers that would be worth buying from?

Alternatively, if anyones selling an item up to £300, whilst making use of the 80% final value fees, let me know - sounds like a decent way of getting something close to spot…

@BackyardBullion - pretty certain you’ll have a few items!

Edited by Mcgrimes

8 minutes ago, RDHC said:

Tavex have the quarter ounce Yale (Tudor Beasts series) for about £423 currently. This is cheaper than anywhere else that I can find and cheaper even than any ordinary quarter ounce gold Britannia that I can find.

Aaaaand it's gone 😆

Screenshot_20230214_111644.jpg

17 minutes ago, RDHC said:

Tavex have the quarter ounce Yale (Tudor Beasts series) for about £423 currently. This is cheaper than anywhere else that I can find and cheaper even than any ordinary quarter ounce gold Britannia that I can find.

They are consistently cheaper than many - and often not much in with private sellers when you account for post/delivery. 🙏

I see the Yale is still available at Tavex, for £422.

Question: I see Tavex has George V Sovereigns for £390 each. Do you guys think it's a good deal, is the quality expected to be quite good, or just used bullion of any quality? I'm looking to buy but want to be more certain first.

7 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I see the Yale is still available at Tavex, for £422.

Question: I see Tavex has George V Sovereigns for £390 each. Do you guys think it's a good deal, is the quality expected to be quite good, or just used bullion of any quality? I'm looking to buy but want to be more certain first.

They are what they say on the tin, bullion best values sovereigns so quality is a lottery.
I have had some from Tavex that were immaculate but also had some with edge knocks, scratches etc.  If your looking for good condition only you cant really go for best value bundles, though at that price you could move on any your not happy with and likely get your money back