• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Petra said:

🤔quite a coin… looks great, nice detail considering its age🤔😮😮

Thank you. In person looking at it in it's actual size, there are no dark area's but has a even color all around and 

a complete smoother texture.

In a bright close up view, it seemed to accentuate certain area's. 

Edited by SilverGlutton

Gold Is The Money Of Kings, Silver Is The Money Of Gentlemen.

1 hour ago, SilverGlutton said:

Here's a Gold coin I recently acquired to add to my collection.

The coin is from the Eastern Roman Empire dated AD 457-474 from

the Constantinople Mint. The obverse depicts Roman Emperor Leo I

and the reverse portrays Victoria who was the Goddess Of Victory in

both war and peace. This Solidus was a highly pure solid 24k Gold coin issued

in the later Roman Empire weighing in at 4.45 grams and 20mm 

in diameter. The solidus was the main gold coin of commerce during

late Roman times and this particular coin was also handed out by the late Emperor to 

Roman soldiers for 1 months pay as well. 

The meaning of SOLIDUS is an ancient Roman gold coin introduced by Constantine

(4th century) and used to the fall of the Byzantine Empire (15th century). This is my first

Gold coin purchased and imo, for myself I couldn't of picked a better one to start off my

Gold coin collection. 

s-l960.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Wow - what a fantastic coin, and that this is your first gold coin in your collection, I think that it is something most us would love to own - I know that I would!!

Well done 🖖

1 hour ago, SilverGlutton said:

Here's a Gold coin I recently acquired to add to my collection.

The coin is from the Eastern Roman Empire dated AD 457-474 from

the Constantinople Mint. The obverse depicts Roman Emperor Leo I

and the reverse portrays Victoria who was the Goddess Of Victory in

both war and peace. This Solidus was a highly pure solid 24k Gold coin issued

in the later Roman Empire weighing in at 4.45 grams and 20mm 

in diameter. The solidus was the main gold coin of commerce during

late Roman times and this particular coin was also handed out by the late Emperor to 

Roman soldiers for 1 months pay as well. 

The meaning of SOLIDUS is an ancient Roman gold coin introduced by Constantine

(4th century) and used to the fall of the Byzantine Empire (15th century). This is my first

Gold coin purchased and imo, for myself I couldn't of picked a better one to start off my

Gold coin collection. 

s-l960.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Wow - what a fantastic coin, and that this is your first gold coin in your collection, I think that it is something most us would love to own - I know that I would!!

Well done 🖖

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

2 minutes ago, Aldebaran said:

Well done 🖖

Well done 🖖

You got a stutter? :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

4 minutes ago, Gruff said:

You got a stutter? :D 

No just impatient and hit the enter twice 🙄

Amor Vincit Omnia.

5 minutes ago, Aldebaran said:

Well done 🖖

Well done 🖖

Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated! 

6 hours ago, NGMD said:

Got a quite a lot coming in the post/Graded so might as well show some bits off now. While Gold went to the moon I played with my silvers bits.

Graded 5 Sovereign Jubilee 

2017 Proof Sovereign

2020 Proof Sovereign

2023 Piedfort Coronation

1/4oz  2006 Proof Britannia @James32

5oz Great Engravers (2nd time lucky)

1oz Perth Mint White/Blue/Purple Dragons

1oz Germania hex

2oz Godesses Sigyn

2024 Yin Yang Koi 5oz Silver Proof Coloured with Pearls❤️❤️❤️❤️

1oz Calamity Jane,1oz Brit Liberty,1oz Una Lion

1oz Krugerrand Black Platinum

1oz Valcambi Skyscraper Bars, 1oz Dragon Bars 2021/22

1oz American Thing, 1985 Lib(Out of left field)

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

IMG_1154.jpeg

IMG_1243.jpeg

IMG_1414.jpeg

IMG_1415.jpeg

IMG_1417.jpeg

IMG_1416.jpeg

IMG_1395.jpeg

That's a decent haul you've got there! The Krug looks very interesting

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

7 hours ago, NGMD said:

Got a quite a lot coming in the post/Graded so might as well show some bits off now. While Gold went to the moon I played with my silvers bits.

Graded 5 Sovereign Jubilee 

2017 Proof Sovereign

2020 Proof Sovereign

2023 Piedfort Coronation

1/4oz  2006 Proof Britannia @James32

5oz Great Engravers (2nd time lucky)

1oz Perth Mint White/Blue/Purple Dragons

1oz Germania hex

2oz Godesses Sigyn

2024 Yin Yang Koi 5oz Silver Proof Coloured with Pearls❤️❤️❤️❤️

1oz Calamity Jane,1oz Brit Liberty,1oz Una Lion

1oz Krugerrand Black Platinum

1oz Valcambi Skyscraper Bars, 1oz Dragon Bars 2021/22

1oz American Thing, 1985 Lib(Out of left field)

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_1412.jpeg

IMG_1154.jpeg

IMG_1243.jpeg

IMG_1414.jpeg

IMG_1415.jpeg

IMG_1417.jpeg

IMG_1416.jpeg

IMG_1395.jpeg

Great selection 😮👍

2 hours ago, SilverGlutton said:

Since I'm limited to just "likes" at the moment lol, I actually super like this 2008 commemorative.

I  love the glorious design! Absolutely beautiful coin.  

@SilverGlutton thank you, I am really pleased with it, being a £5 it is a nice size.

I have one ❤️ Super Love per day, as I have Platinum membership, and I given it to you🌞

Amor Vincit Omnia.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Aldebaran said:

@SilverGlutton thank you, I am really pleased with it, being a £5 it is a nice size.

I have one ❤️ Super Love per day, as I have Platinum membership, and I given it to you🌞

Thank you so very much, I do appreciate it! 😉

That sure is a truly divine coin. 🙂 

Edited by SilverGlutton

18 hours ago, NGMD said:

This is the 5oz Great Engravers Pistucci Silver Proof. Although they sold out quite quickly @GoldDiggerDave may have some various sizes/ Graded for sale.

Worth every penny. Off to grading it shall go…

Would of given it a super like but I don't have the means at the moment but I must say

I sure am envious and thanks for the heads up as well. I'm sure many would agree

including I when you say worth every penny. 🙂

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Orpster said:

Latest arrival, weird year this as it is reasonably high mintage (over 2.3m) but there are only actually 24 graded higher by NGC with another 45 in the same grade

1873NGCAU58(1).thumb.JPG.4b0ef3730c196679ae6c193a2703c160.JPG 1873NGCAU58(2).thumb.JPG.1276919afbc0da78102e78e6086a398c.JPG

Gotta love this coin. I should be ever so fortunate to have one of these

in my collection. 😏

Edited by SilverGlutton

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I have been building a collection of half sovereigns for many years now. A significant coin that I have always had an eye out for is a 1918-P. Marsh has this as an R3 with a ‘not known’ mintage figure, but the experts estimates are set at around 250. PCGS also notes the mintage as 250.

So to find one in mint state in an old antique shop at a good price was, I think, a once in a lifetime event. In fairness, I explained to the shop owner that their price was ridiculous and talked through what I would be willing to pay. I had to sell bullion to cover the costs but in the end the shop owner and I were happy. For me karma is important and part of buying and selling coins is honesty and integrity.

To get the grade back as MS64 was a significant moment for me. Especially as I had only recently bought a NGC example in MS63 that I had been planning on sending for cross over. No need now!

The coin arrived yesterday via FedEx and I am overjoyed to have this join the collection. 

IMG_5739.jpeg

Nice, karma is important. You're happy with the fair deal, the seller is happy that they gained some knowledge and a fair deal.

Reminds me of this skit... :D