• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

5 hours ago, Orpster said:

Couple more beauties received this morning

The 1884M from the recent Coin Cabinet auction and the Viente Peso from HGM

IMG_6065.thumb.JPG.908c4a2b89e6065f50c0addfc6e2a895.JPG IMG_6064.thumb.JPG.8f18c07c0692b232c9d3323262b95d5a.JPG

The 20 and 50 Peso are a little special- very appealing.

You got another 20 before Christmas if I remember.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

12 minutes ago, NGMD said:

The 20 and 50 Peso are a little special- very appealing.

You got another 20 before Christmas if I remember.

Well remembered yes, I got a graded 21/11 from here off the forum

6 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

This is not the piedfort one I posted about yesterday btw. Just a regular full sov.

But still great😮🤔

2 hours ago, Kitalon said:

I've also finally got my 2023 UK BU definites. And for last but most definitely not least. Saving the best till now and probably my favoure £25 coin I have...

2022 KCII Queen Elizabeth II (double effegy) 1/4 £25 proof coin. I'm pretty sure these will be collectors peices some day. I ummed and arred about getting it in 1oz but I do like my quarters.

Screenshot_20240126-1357522.thumb.png.7c4961cd3cc7aeea26955cc723332d1e.pngScreenshot_20240126-1358382.thumb.png.a4fbe7fd3158f71924e67cf625b4e10b.png

Might be worth a picture out of the capsule unless you’ve been running behind a gritting lorry with it.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

28 minutes ago, NGMD said:

Might be worth a picture out of the capsule unless you’ve been running behind a gritting lorry with it.

Yeah I'm really sorry about the photos they really don't do it justice. I will pick a good still day before I expose it to the elements and come back with better photos. I also need to get a mini mobile tripod for my camera. 🤔

6 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

Yeah I'm really sorry about the photos they really don't do it justice. I will pick a good still day before I expose it to the elements and come back with better photos. I also need to get a mini mobile tripod for my camera. 🤔

Use gloves when opening, you may never intend to touch coin, but the last thing you need is a big fingerprint on it.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Yes white gloves is on my wishlist. I may have to use one of our hermetically sealed labs at my school. I've already discovered something of the dangers of exposing a coin to air, but nothing beats seeing a such a coin in the metal.

Edited by Kitalon

1 minute ago, Kitalon said:

Yes white gloves is on my wishlist. I may have to use one of our hermetically sealed labs at my school. I've already discovered something of the dangers of exposing a coin to air, but nothing beats seeing a such a coin in the metal.

Don’t stress, that coin has had plenty of experience of being exposed to air already and is sitting in air in its capsule. If it’s going to get copper spots etc. you aren’t going to stop it!😮🤔just get it it out anhave a proper look at it🤔😮😮😁

11 hours ago, Petra said:

Don’t stress, that coin has had plenty of experience of being exposed to air already and is sitting in air in its capsule. If it’s going to get copper spots etc. you aren’t going to stop it!😮🤔just get it it out anhave a proper look at it🤔😮😮😁

I did stress a bit at first because of a micro-particulate and then did a reality-check. It is a lump of metal after all no harm will come to it. 😄 I do however need one of those puffy-puff lens cleaners we used to use to knock dust off 35mm camera lenses. But no biggie, except for my OCD. Lessons learned. I probably do need to get a lump of bog standard bullion or old sovereigns to fondle.

Edited by Kitalon