• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

8 hours ago, westminstrel said:

The Gazette Proclamation states:

The coin shall have a plain edge and in excuse letters the inscription “DECUS ET TUTAMEN · ANNO REGNI II ·

The RM may have made up the word ‘excuse’ in this context, but definitely they mean ‘raised edge’, and not incuse.

Thank you for the confirmation, so the RM are making up words like we are expected to understand.

I mean what excuse do they have now for their QC for their final product when it arrives all scratched up or covered in milk spots or tarnish marks on silver I doubt there will be a proper excuse, perhaps if they want to make themselves seem fancy they should have kept the name Charles in Latin as making new words complicates things yet they are happy to dumb down the language and not use Latin for the monarchs name to simplify it for the masses. 

22 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Thanks for your hard work again!   Suppose if someone thought incuse  was "stuck into"  then excuse was the opposite? 

I'm not trying to make any incuses for anyone 🤣 

I would have thought so, seems though the RM makes up words like they don't have a dictionary. It's not like it's not difficult to write Raised Edge Lettering though like that isn't simple enough to understand. 

4 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

I would have thought so, seems though the RM makes up words like they don't have a dictionary. It's not like it's not difficult to write Raised Edge Lettering though like that isn't simple enough to understand. 

It's a  relief if they do come with raised edge lettering.   

47 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Thanks for your hard work again!   Suppose if someone thought incuse  was "stuck into"  then excuse was the opposite? 

I'm not trying to make any incuses for anyone 🤣 

The general term for a raised design would be “emboss” but I’ve never seen it used on coins. 

What are the chances this will be released for black Friday alongside a free 50p??

Asking for.. myself..

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Regarding the Great engravers coin which is due to be released on Thursday I think these will be very low mintage and will be snapped up very quickly that’s my opinion anyway 

I will be getting just a few 2oz silver can’t afford the gold at over £5k 

1 hour ago, Alz111 said:

Tried to find out from my AM what’s the mintage of each coin but she can’t say but these coins will be Limited to one per person 

So that means it's 1 and another from a dealer if you are lucky enough. 

Any thoughts if mintage will be the same as una or lower and what effect it will have? 

1 hour ago, tpcob303 said:

So that means it's 1 and another from a dealer if you are lucky enough. 

Any thoughts if mintage will be the same as una or lower and what effect it will have? 

I think it might be lower 

1 hour ago, Alz111 said:

I think it might be lower 

I take it your AM said he couldn't say but must have hinted towards this if you are saying that you think. I don't think it will find the highs of 2019 una in a PF70 but it certainly might do better than expected if the mintage is lower. 

3 hours ago, tpcob303 said:

I take it your AM said he couldn't say but must have hinted towards this if you are saying that you think. I don't think it will find the highs of 2019 una in a PF70 but it certainly might do better than expected if the mintage is lower. 

Well she said the coins will be very low mintage, but let’s see on Thursday what happens 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Anyone having Thursday off from work ?? 

I’m off anyway so alarm will be set for 8am 

1 hour ago, goldhunter said:

How many George and Dragons do we need?

There are millions and millions of them on millions and millions of coins

This release is going to crash and burn.

Strictly for the collector, this will not be an investment opportunity. IMHO

I think there are some good points you make with your opinions regarding collectors and flipping. Being someone who does collect pistrucci st george, it will certainly be one coin to get.....hopefully the last one of the year (I keep trying to save for a new watch and have grading costs to consider for othe items). 

Not sure how well it will do on the secondary market, mintage might play a major factor. Though while there maybe millions especially for 1951 and mamy circulated versions finding a high quality version of any year that will grade well can be hard to find when as I do live outside the UK. The last silver versions were 2013 in proof and they had 10,000 and the £20 bunc had 100,000 mintage. I expect this might be the one and only for king Charles and certain features like raised edge lettering or how the mint tries to describe it as making an "excuse" (not sure why they thought that word meant the opposite of incuse) it certainly is a good excuse for me to buy another Pistrucci st george coin for the collection. 

Things that will cause the crash and burn for most people will be as usual overall quality control and final finish. Betting on many getting milk spots and the odd few with scratches. 

Though i do expect a sell out on release day. 

A helpful tip........

Log into your RM account today and make sure all your details are up to date, just buy a £10 BU 50p or something to make sure all you payment details are correct and you are not stuck in that circle of doom where the payment is not accepted.........From a queue-it master.