• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New years resolutions

So, my plan for 2024 involves these goals.

• Buy two or three 1oz gold coins - something from Perth Mint, a 1oz Britannia and maybe a Maple, AGE or Buffalo.
  • Average 1oz of gold per month for 2024.
  • Add another 150oz or so of silver, probably including more bullion silver rather than collectibles.
  • Save £10k worth of fiat.
  • Clear the last of the COVID-era tax.

Longer term, there are a few things I'd like to get - 20 and 50 peso coins, a St. Gaudens $20, a couple of Machin doubles (maybe one proof), a manky old '70s krugerrand purchased at no more than 1% over spot, a 2002 quint and/or double, a $5 Indian head, a 2018 Liberty proof, some more LMU coins, some South American gold coins, and maybe a few from the middle east, an owl Tetradrachm in good condition, more nice photogenic 1/4oz and 1/10 oz gold and maybe a 50g cast gold bar.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

My stacking goals for next year:

Couple more pickups for my Young Head G&D date run 
Pick up a couple more plain edge BU SOTD top pops if they come up at the right price
Still want a couple of PF70 privy mark years full sovereigns
Maybe a couple more Viente, none restrike years

Main goal I guess will be to try and get my stack back to what it was (in weight) before I sold off a chunk this year to clear my mortgage

I don't expect to achieve all of it, but if I can tick a couple of I will be happy.  Whether I concentrate on getting my stack weigh back up or try for more bucket list coins will depend on where the market is at I guess.

Edited by Orpster

5 hours ago, Fenlander1 said:

Hi all, my resolutions are keep floating around the canals and enjoy early retirement more exploring new canals and wonderful places this country has to offer.

Keep enjoying my stacking hobby hopefully pick up the last cpl of dates for the 1oz gold brit run I am not doing. 😆 and hopefully add some more nice silver for the treasure chest.

And finally getting to know a few of you chaps and chapesses a little better.

Happy New Year to you all

Do you own a narrow boat?

28 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

Certainly do 15 years livaboard now

Hats off to you sir, that’s what I would like to do, I watch a lot of YouTube narrow boater channels I find them relaxing and a good escape from most of modern life’s issues, my wife having none of it though, I’ve told her I’m just going to run away and live on a narrow boat!

From what I have seen, The Pocklington canal looks stunning.

7 hours ago, Fenlander1 said:

Hi all, my resolutions are keep floating around the canals and enjoy early retirement more exploring new canals and wonderful places this country has to offer.

Keep enjoying my stacking hobby hopefully pick up the last cpl of dates for the 1oz gold brit run I am not doing. 😆 and hopefully add some more nice silver for the treasure chest.

And finally getting to know a few of you chaps and chapesses a little better.

Happy New Year to you all

For all sorts of reasons stay safe and don’t have a boating accident, as appears to happen on here….🤔…. but certainly not while you have any of your stack stashed on board!🤔😮😁

Edited by Petra
Spell