• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gazette Proclamation - Britannia and Liberty

2 hours ago, JamesH said:

Completely agree. Think it looks horrible. Reverse reminds me of the scene at the end of ‘Who Framed Roger Rabbit’ when the sun rises in toon town 🤣

Well thankfully the UK version will NOT have the terrible obverse that the US counterpart will have. 😎

I think the Britannia and Liberty reverse will look good in combination with the KC III obverse on the UK coins.

Edited by westminstrel

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Well thankfully the UK version will NOT have the terrible obverse that the US counterpart will have. 😎

I think the Britannia and Liberty reverse will look good in combination with the KC III obverse on the UK coins.

The reverse is just horrible whatever the obverse. Lady Britannia looks like a female version of Trump and Miss Liberty less pretty still. 

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Not a fan.

There are hands coming out the back of heads!

That confused me a bit initially, like why is Lady Liberty holding an upside down trident? 😆

Took me a fair few seconds to realize the hands behind the heads are of the “other” woman.

I like the design personally. But I dont think I like it enough to be buying at RM prices. Liberty looks a bit different than usual for some reason 🤔

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

@jason94151 the US, not having the Monarch requirement will supposedly have a bristlecone pine tree and some type of fern?  Bristlecone pine tree is actually a pretty nice element they have used before.  I’d rather have that than another KC III portrait- nothing against the king, just like some variety 

20 minutes ago, jason94151 said:

Anyone know if the royal mint and us mint have different design?

RM will have proof and BU bullion issues with KC3 on reverse.

US Mint will have just proof issue with two shores with trees and pond in between for reverse.

Edited by trozau

50 minutes ago, jason94151 said:

Anyone know if the royal mint and us mint have different design?

34 minutes ago, Sc391 said:

@jason94151 the US, not having the Monarch requirement will supposedly have a bristlecone pine tree and some type of fern?  Bristlecone pine tree is actually a pretty nice element they have used before.  I’d rather have that than another KC III portrait- nothing against the king, just like some variety 

31 minutes ago, trozau said:

RM will have proof and BU bullion issues with KC3 on reverse.

US Mint will have just proof issue with two shores with trees and pond in between for reverse.

This is apparently the final Obverse for the US coin.

image.jpeg.9835db2dfa7c1822dce2eb0e5fee7fca.jpeg

Source:

https://www.coinnews.net/2023/02/28/2024-liberty-and-britannia-coin-and-medal-candidate-designs-unveiled/

My first thoughts are that serious collectors will want both coins (the US and the RM one). I wonder if they will make it convenient and include some two-coin sets amongst the options without having to import anything.

Also, seems a bit weird that our coin says "Britannia and Liberty" on it whereas the US one carries the same design but only says "Liberty".

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

My first thoughts are that serious collectors will want both coins (the US and the RM one). I wonder if they will make it convenient and include some two-coin sets amongst the options without having to import anything.

Also, seems a bit weird that our coin says "Britannia and Liberty" on it whereas the US one carries the same design but only says "Liberty".

Maybe it's to let people know which reverse the coin is made from.

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

seems a bit weird that our coin says "Britannia and Liberty" on it whereas the US one carries the same design but only says "Liberty".

Yes, but the USA coin has a "small" inscription "Liberty and Britannia" on obverse, and the UK one couldn't due to "standardized" obverse.

What's not quite clear for me, is if the USA will issue silver as a coin or as a medal, because "usual" silver Liberties are issued as medals, only gold ones as coins.

34 minutes ago, ak74 said:

Yes, but the USA coin has a "small" inscription "Liberty and Britannia" on obverse, and the UK one couldn't due to "standardized" obverse.

And yet the reverse has a picture of both liberty and britannia on it. It still seems weird to mention one but not the other on the reverse. Maybe they think it will sell better in the US if it only mentions liberty?

I prefer the RM version - it's not afraid to say what it is (and what it's made of!).

50 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

And yet the reverse has a picture of both liberty and britannia on it. It still seems weird to mention one but not the other on the reverse. Maybe they think it will sell better in the US if it only mentions liberty?

I prefer the RM version - it's not afraid to say what it is (and what it's made of!).

All US Mint coins have ‘Liberty’ on the obverse (and the year). Standard on all US coinage.

Edited by trozau