• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gazette Proclamation - Britannia and Liberty

Yes, you can order from the US Mint from the UK, just bear in mind that there will be customs charges to pay including a handling fee.

I am hoping someone here will be offering the Britannia and Liberty 2024 1oz Silver Bullion Coin in the future since right now that is the only option that my wallet can afford.

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/silver-coins/britannia-and-liberty-2024-1oz-silver-bullion-coin/

2 minutes ago, kena said:

Yes, you can order from the US Mint from the UK, just bear in mind that there will be customs charges to pay including a handling fee.

I am hoping someone here will be offering the Britannia and Liberty 2024 1oz Silver Bullion Coin in the future since right now that is the only option that my wallet can afford.

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/silver-coins/britannia-and-liberty-2024-1oz-silver-bullion-coin/

Same but I managed to buy 2 of the 1oz bullion. Not a great fan of the design but had to at least have something

12 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Nice! But does anybody know if it will be sold outside the Royal Mint, more specific by an EU-based dealer. Not worth the hassle with customs to order from the RM.

Most of the proof options have sold out:

https://www.royalmint.com/britannia/britannia-and-liberty/commemorative/ 

There are only 1oz silver and 1/40oz gold proofs left. I do quite like the 1/40oz gold format at £99.50 despite the high premium. You could make a nice collection of these issues at a relatively low price. It is quite a high jump up to the 1/4oz gold proof at £750. In comparison it would take a lot of money to collect every issue in 1/4oz gold.

Despite the high demand I am not seeing any of the sold out proofs for sale on EBay which surprises me.

I haven’t bought any so far as I am not sure about the design but the 1/40oz gold is tempting. I do like the format of the packaging for this size.

7 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

There are only 1oz silver and 1/40oz gold proofs left. I do quite like the 1/40oz gold format at £99.50 despite the high premium. You could make a nice collection of these issues at a relatively low price. It is quite a high jump up to the 1/4oz gold proof at £750. In comparison it would take a lot of money to collect every issue in 1/4oz gold.

Despite the high demand I am not seeing any of the sold out proofs for sale on EBay which surprises me.

I haven’t bought any so far as I am not sure about the design but the 1/40oz gold is tempting. I do like the format of the packaging for this size.

Cancelled my 1/40th as the Chinese 1/40th turned up on the same day as the Britannia launch. When you’re paying such a high premium the packaging needs to be amazing. It wasn’t!

I’d give the 1/40th collection a wide berth

IMG_4113.jpeg

IMG_4112.jpeg

2 hours ago, Chrisplym said:

Much better packaging than what they did for the Britannias🤔

On 10/02/2024 at 07:46, Chrisplym said:

Interesting observation on the fact that no Britannia and Liberty sold out proofs are for sale on Ebay.

Why would this be?

We're all proofs sent out to collectors rather than flippers?

They still have 1305/1776 of the 1/40oz gold proofs left in stock.

Is that a sign of doom for these new 1/40oz carded coins, or is this one just not so popular? The first one in this format (the Coronation coin) was arguably more desirable I guess, so bumping the price up by an extra £15 probably hasn't helped.

7 hours ago, paulmerton said:

They still have 1305/1776 of the 1/40oz gold proofs left in stock.

Is that a sign of doom for these new 1/40oz carded coins, or is this one just not so popular? The first one in this format (the Coronation coin) was arguably more desirable I guess, so bumping the price up by an extra £15 probably hasn't helped.

All previous 1/40 gold coins have ended up quite collectible, especially the newer ones that have ended up only in the sets🤔

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Have they? The 75th birthday coin still hasn't sold out yet either nor the RNLI one.

Unfortunately a lot more of them, they’ll do ok🤔😮

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Have they? The 75th birthday coin still hasn't sold out yet either nor the RNLI one.

The mark up on them was already high and they have then increased the price since the Coronation.

Think they thought they were onto a good thing so put up the price and quantity ruining their initial success. 

Edited by Olivard