• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

Right, I think I'll try for the proof when that comes out later this year, and I'll be back to bullion Sovs.

I'd be pretty happy with a collection of:

• QEII Jubilee Proof
  • QEII Memorial Proof
  • KCII SOTD Coronation
  • KCII Proof

I guess that's until we start having to think about William!!

Edit: lol! Yes, KCIII! Takes a while to adjust lol!!

Edited by MergingCultures

45 minutes ago, MergingCultures said:

Right, I think I'll try for the proof when that comes out later this year, and I'll be back to bullion Sovs.

• QEII Jubilee Proof
  • QEII Memorial Proof
  • KCII SOTD Coronation
  • KCII Proof

KC II eh? I’ve got some rarities. 😉

45 minutes ago, MergingCultures said:

• QEII Jubilee Proof
  • QEII Memorial Proof
  • KCII SOTD Coronation
  • KCII Proof

KCIII actually. Now I have seen KCIII crowned head, I would be very interested in KCIII laureate head, and here you go, another set to put your (and my) hands on.

19 minutes ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

KCIII actually. Now I have seen KCIII crowned head, I would be very interested in KCIII laureate head, and here you go, another set to put your (and my) hands on.

Don’t forget that there will mostly likely be an SotD in November for KC III’s 75th birthday.

It will probably be St. George and the Dragon and with the King’s uncrowned portrait. So another 2023 Sovereign to add to the collection.

Would likely even be a lower mintage (750?) than today’s Coronation SotD.

Just now, westminstrel said:

Don’t forget that there will mostly likely be an SotD in November for KC III’s 75th birthday.

It will probably be St. George and the Dragon and with the King’s uncrowned portrait. So another 2023 Sovereign to add to the collection.

Would likely even be a lower mintage (750?) than today’s Coronation SotD.

Sign me up! 

7 hours ago, Bogart said:

Payment failed twice. RM fault tried 3 different cards. Complete joke as an outfit. Not in basket now. Doubt it ever was. Was going to buy a couple of the wooden sovereign boxes. They are still in my basket how generous of them.

They can stick thier boxes where the sun does not shine.😬

Thats the spirit 😂 It is a joke of an outfit :) don't worry you can buy it later for less most likely.

7 hours ago, Paul said:

What the feeling what the market value will be for one of these coronation SOTD in MS70 once graded ? Hard to see too much upside with the massive RRP 

£1000??? A fair guess ? 

what's the reason it was £850? More greed :) won't be much upside like you say.

1 minute ago, blackadder said:

what's the reason it was £850? More greed :) won't be much upside like you say.

SOTD certainly was priced rather high.

I'm waiting for the proof. Even if it's £695, 725 or 750, I must have it. Does anyone have an ETA for the Coronation proof?

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

Just having a pint in the club after work,  anyone lucky securing something today and running their luck, theres a  horse running 5.15 Pontefract 'reigning profits' :)

It's won 7/1 should have put my SOTD budget on it 

850 on would have returned £6800 :(

thing is guys, RM decided for a very low mintage for this Sotd, considering the special occasion..

i doubt there will be many on secondary market, and my bet is that the few that will appear are not to be re sold any soon. As a collector i would never part with my Sotd, even for a couple grands

9 minutes ago, refero said:

thing is guys, RM decided for a very low mintage for this Sotd, considering the special occasion..

i doubt there will be many on secondary market, and my bet is that the few that will appear are not to be re sold any soon. As a collector i would never part with my Sotd, even for a couple grands

Flippers gotta flip when they've 30%apr credit cards to pay that funded the purchase

7 hours ago, westminstrel said:

The SotDs prior to 2017 haven’t really been as distinguished with the plain edge and matte finish. They’ve mostly been “BU” strikes and really difficult to distinguish from the Bullion Sovereigns of those years. So I’m not surprised they don’t do as well as the post-2017 SotDs.

This is true.

None of the post 2017 SOTD's are available for anywhere near £400, unless they're not advertised correctly or graded badly. I've been looking constantly - if anything they're one of the few coins that have been going up recently.

2 hours ago, Shinus73 said:

This is true.

None of the post 2017 SOTD's are available for anywhere near £400, unless they're not advertised correctly or graded badly. I've been looking constantly - if anything they're one of the few coins that have been going up recently.

This Graded one sold at £425 this month 👍

Web capture_24-4-2023_212722_www.ebay.co.uk.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

This Graded one sold at £425 this month 👍

Web capture_24-4-2023_212722_www.ebay.co.uk.jpeg

I know, I bought it! 😀

As mad as it seems, an MS69 with tiny mintage currently qualifies as ‘graded badly’. I haven’t seen a raw one for less than £500.
I’ll buy anymore I see at this price.

4 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

I know, I bought it! 😀

As mad as it seems, an MS69 with tiny mintage currently qualifies as ‘graded badly’. I haven’t seen a raw one for less than £500.
I’ll buy anymore I see at this price.

They make a lovely collection something a bit different to a date run , I have spotted another 2012 SOTD going for £475 posted 🤫

5 minutes ago, Arisian said:

Someone working late at the Mint tonight. Just had notification one of the coins I bought today is on it’s way. 🤯

I didnt think they would have started shipping till after the 8th