• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Annual Sets

The Royal Mint annual sets are being released on 3rd January 2023.

There will be a 5-coin set to start with, as the definitive coins won't be available until later in the year.

The 5-coin set will contain a commemorative £5 coin, a pair of £2 coins, and a pair of 50p coins, available as BU, proof, premium proof, silver proof, silver piedfort, gold and platinum sets. I wonder if one of the £2 coins will be the Edward Jenner smallpox coin?

On 16/12/2022 at 11:20, paulmerton said:

There will be a 5-coin set to start with, as the definitive coins won't be available until later in the year.

The 5-coin set will contain a commemorative £5 coin, a pair of £2 coins, and a pair of 50p coins, available as BU, proof, premium proof, silver proof, silver piedfort, gold and platinum sets. I wonder if one of the £2 coins will be the Edward Jenner smallpox coin?

I'm waiting for the definitive - which is the main set really. I want to see if they're changing the reverses or not.

On 16/12/2022 at 11:20, paulmerton said:

fecks sake.  i suppose its better than taking the order and payment in january and posting it in may.

wonder if they have had a change of mind about what coins to go into the full set?  However, the cynic in me thinks its more about tempting people into buying the 5 set then the full 10/11/12/13 set when its released alter in the year.

found the post i was looking for - the hogworts wont be in the 23 set but the rest should be.  unless they announce the £1 design in 23 and release in 24.

new coins coming in 23

Albus Dumbledore 50p

Hogwarts School 50p

NHS 75th 50p

Windrush Generations 50p

Edward Jenner £2

JRR Tolkien £2

Flying Scotsman £2

King Charles 75th £5

New £1 coin still confirmed 2023

Edited by bluffer
more info

• 2 weeks later...

This one sold out in 10 minutes 🤪

Silver Proof Commemorative Coin Set Limited Edition 650

And this one in 43 minutes 😏

Premium Proof Commemorative Coin Set
Limited Edition 2,750

Edited by ak74

FAQs about annual set - if you cant get on RM site 

2023 Annual Sets
Frequently Asked Questions

When can I purchase the 2023 Annual Set?
You can purchase a 2023 Annual Set from The Royal Mint’s website at 9am on 3rd January.

How can I purchase the 2023 Annual Set?
The 2023 Annual Set will be available to buy from 3rd January at 9am on The Royal Mint’s website.

Will the 2023 Annual Set be available to buy from The Royal Mint Experience?
The 2023 Annual Set won’t be available to buy from The Royal Mint Experience at this moment in time. The best way to secure this year’s set of coins is by visiting The Royal Mint’s website to place your order.

Why were these coins chosen to appear in the 2023 Annual Set?
The Royal Mint’s Annual Set coin collection includes five coins that mark significant anniversaries or milestone moments that will happen in Britain that year. From commemorating the 75th anniversary of the National Health Service to celebrating His Majesty The King’s 75th birthday, the set allows collectors to own a collection of coins that mark this year’s most momentous occasions.

All proposed themes, events and anniversaries go through a rigorous planning and design selection process governed by an independent panel known as The Royal Mint Advisory Committee (RMAC).

Who decides what appears on UK coins?
The Royal Mint will compile a longlist of events and themes gathered from key anniversaries, public suggestions and market research. These proposed themes, events and anniversaries go through a rigorous planning and design selection process governed by an independent panel known as The Royal Mint Advisory Committee (RMAC).

Will the coins in the 2023 Annual Set be available to buy individually?
Yes, each coin as part of The Royal Mint’s 2023 Annual Set will be available to buy individually throughout the year. Individual dates will be revealed throughout the year.

Register your interest to be notified about individual launches- The Royal Mint | Register Your Interest

Will the coins as part of the Annual Sets enter circulation?
At this moment in time, we cannot confirm whether the £2 or 50p coins that are available as part of The Royal Mint’s 2023 Annual Set will enter circulation. The volume and variety of coins minted each year is wholly dependent on industry demand from UK banks and Post Offices. You can find out more on how UK coins enter circulation by watching the following video: How do coins enter circulation? - YouTube

We would also encourage you to keep an eye on our social media channels for further updates about coins entering circulation, we will always share updates about this across our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels.

Why are there no definitive coins available?
As the official maker of UK coins, The Royal Mint are currently experiencing one of its biggest changes to coinage since Decimalisation. As such, the 2023 Definitive Coin Set won’t be available to purchase at the beginning of this year. We believe a Definitive Coin Set will be launching later this year, but it is too early to communicate an exact date at this moment in time.

We will reveal further information about this across our social media channels in due course.

Register your interest to be notified about the launch of the 2023 Definitive Coin Set - The Royal Mint | Register Your Interest

I usually receive the Definitive Set alongside the commemorative editions of the coins, will I automatically receive this when they do launch?
We understand it is disappointing to not receive a Definitive Coin Set alongside the commemorative editions you usually purchase.

All 2023 Annual Sets that normally include a set of Definitive coins have been reduced in price to reflect this change. A 2023 Definitive Coin set will be despatched to you when available and as an annual recipient of this set, we will be in touch with you ahead of time, so you are aware of the launch date and timings.

What will the new definitive coins for 2023 look like?
At this moment in time, we are unable to reveal information about future coin designs, including the 2023 Definitive Coins. We would encourage you to keep an eye on The Royal Mint’s social media channels for future updates about this.

Register your interest to be notified about the launch of the 2023 Definitive Coin Set - The Royal Mint | Register Your Interest

Will the new definitive coins for 2023 enter circulation?
At this moment in time, we cannot confirm whether any 2023 denominations will enter circulation. The volume and variety of coins minted each year is wholly dependent on industry demand from UK banks and Post Offices. You can find out more on how UK coins enter circulation by watching the following video:  How do coins enter circulation? - YouTube

We would also encourage you to keep an eye on our social media channels for further updates about coins entering circulation, we will always share update about this across our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels.

Who designed His Majesty King Charles III’s portrait?
The portrait has been designed by renowned British Sculptor Martin Jennings. Martin has been making public sculptures in the United Kingdom for many years, including John Betjeman at St Pancras Station and George Orwell outside BBC Broadcasting House.

Why isn’t the King wearing a crown?
Portraits of British kings on their coinage have not included a crown for hundreds of years.

Why does the King’s portrait face the opposite way to the Queen?
This is a long-standing tradition which dates back to the Reformation. You can read about the history here: royalmint.com/stories/collect/coinage-portrait-tradition/

Why is Charles written in English instead of Latin?
We have continued the tradition of Latin on the coinage of the king, but wanted to ensure it was accessible to a modern audience by adopting the more familiar ‘Charles’.

Other Products
As the official maker of UK coins, The Royal Mint is currently experiencing one of its biggest changes to coinage since Decimalisation. As His Majesty The King’s portrait begins to appear on all UK coins produced by The Royal Mint, some products will launch later in the year including the Wedding Coin Set, Baby Coin Set, Silver Penny and Silver Sixpence.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I managed to get the silver proof set. Any one else indulge?

A.

I thought about it and decided not to get the silver set. Naturally regretting it already!

Each coin will be available individually later in the year, so I might just get the two I actually like.

I did however get the premium proof set. I prefer that type of box and the medal that comes in this set is very nice. Still seems expensive, but it's the cheaper of the two and the coins look just as good in my opinion (and maybe slightly less prone to tarnishing?!)