• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Annual Sets

21 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I’m in Australia, and a night owl to boot, so the 9 am timing is normally not so bad for me. I’m happy to help you in future if you need it - just PM me. 🙂

Thanks for the offer.  Because of the early (U.S.) release time, I have been buying a lot through the dealers when they sell out at the RM.  Not the worst thing because prices are around the same (except for the VAT).  But, I still need to be concerned about the dealers selling out.  I do have a relationship with one of the dealers where they will hold coins for me that I want.

7 hours ago, SheepStacker said:

I do want the Tolkien and Flying Scotsman in silver, but the rest of the series are absolute rubbish propaganda junk.

£615 for the 2 coins I want?!

Just wait for them to be released separately in the course of the year :)

"Will the coins in the 2023 Annual Set be available to buy individually?

Yes, each coin as part of The Royal Mint’s 2023 Annual Set will be available to buy individually throughout the year. Individual dates will be revealed throughout the year.

Register your interest to be notified about individual launches- The Royal Mint | Register Your Interest"

On 18/12/2022 at 22:34, bluffer said:

However, the cynic in me thinks its more about tempting people into buying the 5 set then the full 10/11/12/13 set when its released alter in the year.

wouldnt be surprised if when they releases the circulating set they also release a super duper limited edition proof, one time only, only one woman driver honest guv, 13 coin set for about £250

On 03/01/2023 at 09:48, paulmerton said:

The emails sent to people who've subscribed to the annual sets make it clearer:

The 2023 Annual Sets that normally include a set of Definitive coins will now only include Commemorative coins and the price has been reduced accordingly.

cough reduced coughbulshitcough

so instead of £160/170 for the full proof set.  its going to be £105 for the commemorative ( and even then not all of the ones to be issued in 23 ) proofs now and the circulating proofs later.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

My account manager told me more stock should be available on 24 March for the silver proof set I ordered.

24th march???? That's insane....I ordered premium proof, might be I have to wait longer, might cancel the order of this is taking so long

2 minutes ago, AR03 said:

24th march???? That's insane....I ordered premium proof, might be I have to wait longer, might cancel the order of this is taking so long

I would contact them and just ask. It may be quicker for the premium proofs, I don’t know? Could equally be longer!!

• 1 month later...

And now my second set has arrived, with dents on 3 of the coins! All quite tiny but easily noticeable at arm's length. What on earth are they playing at.

Unfortunately I have to return both sets as there aren't enough good coins between them to make a full set.

Received my premium proof set and pleased to say everything is in excellent shape.  No dents, no loose capsules, etc.  A very nice collection of coins.  KC 5£ coin, followed by Tolkien, and then the Flying Scotsman are my favorites.  I’m sure proof silver and gold are stunning, but it’s a big year for releases and I need to hold back for food and gasoline……..

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

All three of my replacement premium proof sets are going back again. They are absolutely shocking - various dents, foggy smears, tiny hairs and other small objects struck into the coins, and this... 

I can't even built a single full set of good coins between them.

image.png.b13962a747167877689bbdc5e1d69bd9.png

WTF is this RM. You can get a better quality from Aliexpress. Shocking QC…

26 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

All three of my replacement premium proof sets are going back again. They are absolutely shocking - various dents, foggy smears, tiny hairs and other small objects struck into the coins, and this... 

I am so sorry! Wow. That is truly awful. Looks more like the site of the world trade centre after 9/11 than a ‘proof’ coin. Outrageously bad. 

33 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I like seeing things as the glass half full. So you've got a bit more silver than you paid for with that coin :D