• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Annual Sets

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

I thought about it and decided not to get the silver set. Naturally regretting it already!

Each coin will be available individually later in the year, so I might just get the two I actually like.

I did however get the premium proof set. I prefer that type of box and the medal that comes in this set is very nice. Still seems expensive, but it's the cheaper of the two and the coins look just as good in my opinion (and maybe slightly less prone to tarnishing?!)

I liked the set and as it's the first annual set for KC3, I thought why not. I like your thinking though and may have copied you had I really thought about it and had the same perspective!!!

I sat out this release - the commemoratives have never really appealed to me, as I’ve almost always found them lacking in design elegance (imo).

I will go in for the definitive set later in the year - those coins are (to me) truly iconic as UK coinage and I would like to have them as the first of the KCIII coins in my collection.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Yep, I think account manager’s allocations are all sorted so anything not taken is now offered. Great news for collectors without managers.

Quite a remarkable amount though - over 4000 proof sets suddenly orderable again and over 1000 premium sets.

16 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Quite a remarkable amount though - over 4000 proof sets suddenly orderable again and over 1000 premium sets.

What were the initial mintage figures reported as? Is it that they reported (for instance) 1000 and then said sold out and are now saying 4000 and available?? The silver proof were 650 and whilst being available again still state 650.

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

What were the initial mintage figures reported as? Is it that they reported (for instance) 1000 and then said sold out and are now saying 4000 and available?? The silver proof were 650 and whilst being available again still state 650.

The edition limits haven't changed. The amount available to order has gone up from zero though.

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Yep, I think account manager’s allocations are all sorted so anything not taken is now offered. Great news for collectors without managers.

How does one get an account manager and what are the benefits?

6 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The max coin mintages for the silver proof haven’t been published right? Only the limited edition number has been specified at 650.

Honestly have no clue. Have to assume that for these coins as released today, this is a limited edition presentation of 650. The overall for them individually is likely to be thousands I would think. 

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

Honestly have no clue. Have to assume that for these coins as released today, this is a limited edition presentation of 650. The overall for them individually is likely to be thousands I would think. 

Indeed. Most of the commemorative coins will have individual releases during the course of the year, and there’s no saying the RM won’t release these again as part of the Definitive Sets later in the year, right?

I heard the CEO, Anne Jessopp, on the radio a month or two back and she said that the Mint's objective next year (i.e. this year) is to expand their customer base beyond the U.K. and achieve a world wide reach. I can see that commemorative sets might appeal to this large - non U.K. market. It strikes me that this is a double sided coin (pun intended) for the domestic market, as it's likely to result in increased prices and competition for us (unless the mintages are ramped up accordingly) but, on the flip side, as more and more people want RM products, they should hold their value and do well over time.

Pure speculation on my part, there's probably any number of flaws in my logic!

20 minutes ago, timsk said:

I heard the CEO, Anne Jessopp, on the radio a month or two back and she said that the Mint's objective next year (i.e. this year) is to expand their customer base beyond the U.K. and achieve a world wide reach. I can see that commemorative sets might appeal to this large - non U.K. market. It strikes me that this is a double sided coin (pun intended) for the domestic market, as it's likely to result in increased prices and competition for us (unless the mintages are ramped up accordingly) but, on the flip side, as more and more people want RM products, they should hold their value and do well over time.

Pure speculation on my part, there's probably any number of flaws in my logic!

Interesting.  I am in the U.S. and have difficulty buying coins at release because it's 3:00 a.m. here when released.  Many of the coins sell out quickly, but it's tough getting up that early to join the queues.  If the RM wants to appeal to a more world-wide market, they need to do something about the release times.

Edited by JeffM

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

Interesting.  I am in the U.S. and have difficulty buying coins at release because it's 3:00 a.m. here when released.  Many of the coins sell out quickly, but it's tough getting up that early to join the queues.  If the RM wants to appeal to a more world-wide market, they need to do something about the release times.

Please don't take this the wrong way Jeff - but I hope they keep the release times as they are!

😉

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

Maybe, however, when things usually sell out pretty quickly, why bother? If you want it, then stay up! Hassle for you, not them🤔😮

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

I totally understand and appreciate this because there are a number of US based auctions that cause me annoyance in the middle of the cold English evening……..

1 hour ago, JeffM said:

I’m in Australia, and a night owl to boot, so the 9 am timing is normally not so bad for me. I’m happy to help you in future if you need it - just PM me. 🙂

23 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I’m in Australia, and a night owl to boot, so the 9 am timing is normally not so bad for me. I’m happy to help you in future if you need it - just PM me. 🙂

Likewise @JeffM. Just shout. I am lucky enough to usually be able get get RM releases. Only issue is postage to the US etc but I am sure something could be worked out.