• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Insurance at home.

Bogart

1 minute ago, Kookaburracollector said:

I see the army realise how important it is to distinguish between the front and the rear…would want to get that wrong with a claymore…or anything else come to think of it!

Americans! Although, even they can read …. hopefully 🤔 you really don’t want that coming back your way🫣

5 minutes ago, Petra said:

Just get a good quality safe, Google it, there are loads to choose from, price, size, make etc. plenty of places in a house to put one👍

I guess so, never really thought before about bolting stuff to infrastructure that belongs to someone else but will think again on this.

I've thought about this topic as I've grown my stash. I currently hide mine in various locations throughout my house, mainly in places that you might not look if you were ransacking someone house. As an example, putting a box with 3 or 4 sovs in the downstairs cubby bathroom cupboard. 

I've also thought about making a hole in the upstairs floorboard inside cupboards or in the corner of a room, but obviously you'd have to be careful of weight on the plasterboard. 

I haven't done any research, but another thought was to buy a climate controlled airtight storage box and put it in the loft. You'd need electricity in there, but that's easy enough. 

Not ideal, but a couple of ideas if you can't get insurance sorted. 

9 hours ago, Petra said:

Just get a good quality safe, Google it, there are loads to choose from, price, size, make etc. plenty of places in a house to put one👍

I've often joked a top quality safe for silver is likely to cost more than the silver you can store inside it.  It's better to stack saves than silver 🤣🤣

11 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

I see the army realise how important it is to distinguish between the front and the rear…wouldn’t want to get that wrong with a claymore…or anything else come to think of it!

The friendly side and not so friendly sude as I remember it!

11 hours ago, SilverPlatinum said:

A bank safety deposit box is the best secure option.....

Is it? Also one has to factor in storage fees. I reckon if I put my stash somewhere secure I will be paying £500 a year. Two years down the line has paid for the safe.

Edited by Bogart

14 hours ago, Petra said:

Just get a big safe and hide it in your house🤔

Ive been thinking about getting one of those big antique Milner type safes for xmas as a refurb project.  Wouldnt hide it though, would be in one of the rooms downstairs as a display piece - main sticking point is working out how to move it from collection and also from garage into house, they arent light :)

49 minutes ago, Zeuk said:

Ive been thinking about getting one of those big antique Milner type safes for xmas as a refurb project.  Wouldnt hide it though, would be in one of the rooms downstairs as a display piece - main sticking point is working out how to move it from collection and also from garage into house, they arent light :)

I reckon 200kg max is about what a couple of guys can manhandle into place using rollers etc. Last summer we had a pizza oven delivered kerbside onto gravel hell weighed over 500kg. Took around 3 weeks to get it into place using an engine hoist and a homemade trolley, never again.

21 minutes ago, Bogart said:

I reckon 200kg max is about what a couple of guys can manhandle into place using rollers etc. Last summer we had a pizza oven delivered kerbside onto gravel hell weighed over 500kg. Took around 3 weeks to get it into place using an engine hoist and a homemade trolley, never again.

That sounds horrendous - bet its an impressive pizza oven though 

On 14/11/2022 at 17:27, MonkeysUncle said:

Only if you take him to the Doggie Dentist to maintain his gnashers as fine burglar chomping machines.

My preference is a pack of tigers to be honest.

And a Terminator equipped with an Uzi 9 millimeter!

Uzi 9mm? WOT? Ever fired one? Couldn't hit the side of a barn if you're in it.

On the other hand, you could borrow my rifle. A good solid bit of kit, a Pattern 1853 Enfield calibre .577 (14.7mm)

British_Pattern_1853_Rifle_transparent.png

On 14/11/2022 at 17:27, MonkeysUncle said:

Edited by KevjustKev

1 hour ago, KevjustKev said:

Uzi 9mm? WOT? Ever fired one? Couldn't hit the side of a barn if you're in it.

On the other hand, you could borrow my rifle. A good solid bit of kit, a Pattern 1853 Enfield calibre .577 (14.7mm)

British_Pattern_1853_Rifle_transparent.png

I think Terminator Arnie in the gun store asking for a "Pattern 1853 Enfield calibre .577 (14.7mm)" could sound rather menacing...

On 15/11/2022 at 11:09, Zeuk said:

Get it up on a skateboard, then the world is your oyster 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, Zeuk said:

I bought the beast today, early xmas prezzie from the Mrs and I think a tacit agreement or at least acceptance of the stacking habit, im going to do it up and have it in the dining room, her only condition was to put a plant on it 🤷‍♂️.  Just trying to work out if i dare stick it in the back of my motor or if im better off paying for a courier.  The seller reckons its about 200kg.

s-l1600.jpg

Thats a hellova lot of localised weight for a car, mate with a van or small trailer if you have a towbar. 

Looks a cracker though and will be pretty smart when done up.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip