• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

British Monarchs: Edward VII

This coin is nice, but I like all of them in the series so far.  They reflect the coinage of the time, so some of the portraits are a bit rougher, but that's how coins were way back then.  Ahh, I remember it well! 

On 17/10/2022 at 14:39, JeffM said:

I don't know why but shave the beard off Edward VII and he looks a bit like Prince William to me.  Maybe I just need new glasses.

Perhaps it's just me, but I would prefer to have 'dirty Bertie's' beard than Willy's.

:ph34r:

30 minutes ago, JTerry3 said:

Couldn't help but notice the discounts. Are you a VIP? 🤔

That looks like the price before VAT is applied suggesting the poster is outside the UK

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

9 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Most will be getting them tomorrow check your closed orders on account 

Yes you're right. I'm now in closed orders 🙂

I spoke to advisor that said something about 2 weeks to mint them all before despatch 🤷‍♂️.. Hopefully get a despatch email soon, like tomorrow or something..

Cheers both @Alz111  @SiCole for replies 👍

36 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Yes you're right. I'm now in closed orders 🙂

I spoke to advisor that said something about 2 weeks to mint them all before despatch 🤷‍♂️.. Hopefully get a despatch email soon, like tomorrow or something..

Cheers both @Alz111  @SiCole for replies 👍

No problem mate the tracking number should be at the bottom as well 

2 hours ago, Alz111 said:

Royal Mail special delivery will still be delivered tomorrow 

You sure? I was told nothing would move tomorrow, earlier tonight in my local post office.

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Well I checked the Royal Mail website and it did mention it 

BF0507BC-19E8-47BB-81BF-6CA70DE241CF.jpeg

Some have been known to sneak through on previous strikes, although I've never personally been so lucky.

Just now, James32 said:

Some have been known to sneak through on previous strikes, although I've never personally been so lucky.

All postage guarantees are waved for the next 2 weeks also.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

A5EC0BC3-8446-42F0-A128-46E1EEF0EA82.png

Thanks for your post, SJ.

Unfortunately, the timetable is of almost no value as RM can't even get the month right, which might explain why they don't publish a specific day and time! I only decided to start collecting this series fairly recently and did not participate in the launch of the first three monarchs - so I don't know if they were released in the month's specified on the calendar. However, the fourth in the series, the Edward VII coin released last Monday 17th October was - according to the timetable - supposed to have come out in September!

I couldn't be in front of my lappy at 12.00pm last Monday due to a hospital appointment and, by the time my wife returned home at 1.00pm after dropping me off (to buy the coin I wanted for me) - it was 'No Longer Available'. How then are we supposed to plan our time down to the hour of the launch if we don't even know the month - let alone the week or day? It seems that with future releases, it's just pot luck whether or not one will be in a position to join the RM queue or - due to circumstances - be left to the mercy of eBay flippers or to kind hearted SF members who might be in a position to help out those who lose out. 

I'm new to this - so still green about the gills. Perhaps it's always been this way and one just has to accept that these are the somewhat unsatisfactory rules of the collecting game? The one positive I suppose is that at least everyone is in the same boat!

@timsk I understand your concerns mate. It can be rather frustrating. Particularly when you join the queue early, play by the rules and are just unlucky to miss out.

25 minutes ago, timsk said:

The one positive I suppose is that at least everyone is in the same boat!

I would say we’re all in the same water. Those that paddle hardest tend to have the most success. 

There are few tricks and manoeuvres that can help you but it mostly comes down to luck…

25 minutes ago, timsk said:

Unfortunately, the timetable is of almost no value as RM can't even get the month right, which might explain why they don't publish a specific day and time!

The timetable offers no help in preparing for release days. It’s just a rough guide that is subject to inevitable delays. It has at least provided the correct order so far. The months will likely get more inaccurate as the series goes on, with no guarantee of RM even sticking to it at all. They have been pretty close so far though.

I joined this series from the start, fully aware that it’s unlikely to get all 21 coins. Hopefully just have some fun along the way.

24 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

. . . There are few tricks and manoeuvres that can help you but it mostly comes down to luck…

Thanks for the reply, SJ.

Would you care to elaborate on the part of your post that I've quoted? 😉

Courtesy of another SF member, I hope to secure the Edward VII coin that I missed out on last Monday. Can't say more than that just yet in case it doesn't work out.

For future launches, I'm considering trying to buy two of the coins that I collect (2oz silver proof) and, if I'm lucky enough to secure them, offering the second coin at RM list price plus P&P to forum members who - through no fault of their own - missed out. My thinking being that if I'm unlucky again - which is possible if not probable - then another forum member who does something similar might return me the favour. 

I understand and accept the counter argument to this is that if everyone did this (rather than just buying one coin for themselves), then each edition will sell out twice as fast and twice as many people could end up losing out. It's a tricky one with no obvious solution that I can see?

Edited by timsk
clarity