• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

British Monarchs: Edward VII

21 minutes ago, timsk said:

Would you care to elaborate on the part of your post that I've quoted?

All I can say is the basics. Find out the release days, either through the RM newsletter or the forum discussions. Prepare yourself with multiple devices/browsers open ready and hope for a low queue number.

25 minutes ago, timsk said:

For future launches, I'm considering trying to buy two of the coins that I collect (2oz silver proof) and, if I'm lucky enough to secure them, offering the second coin at RM list price plus P&P to forum members who - through no fault of their own - missed out. My thinking being that if I'm unlucky again - which is possible if not probable - then another forum member who does something similar might return me the favour. 

You do sometimes see people doing just that although it's uncommon, rare even, if there's significant profit on the secondary market.

28 minutes ago, timsk said:

I understand and accept the counter argument to this is that if everyone did this (rather than just buying one coin for themselves), then each edition will sell out twice as fast and twice as many people could end up losing out. It's a tricky one with no obvious solution that I can see?

If there's strong demand and short supply, people are gonna buy the household limit regardless. I'd say just do what's best for yourself and if you strike up a deal with others then all the better 👍

9 hours ago, timsk said:

Unfortunately, the timetable is of almost no value as RM can't even get the month right

I suppose the Edward VII coin was not released in September due to The Queen passing away and then the RM had to wait for a high-level decision if they still allowed to release any new coins (in fact already produced) with her image. 

7 hours ago, ak74 said:

I suppose the Edward VII coin was not released in September due to The Queen passing away and then the RM had to wait for a high-level decision if they still allowed to release any new coins (in fact already produced) with her image. 

Yes, fair point ak74 - I didn't think of that. Perhaps I was a tad harsh in my criticism of them in my post that you quoted. Sorry RM!