• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help? Seller AWOL after paying.

Just now, MintageSeller said:

Hello All, 

Advise on dealing with sellers who have gone AWOL after purchasing an item? I paid the item & seller has not responded. 

Maybe a genuine reason or emergency mate was it a trusted member with history I wouldnt worry 

How many days has it been? 

1 minute ago, Leonmarsh said:

Maybe a genuine reason or emergency mate was it a trusted member with history I wouldnt worry 

How many days has it been? 

Yeah they stated emergency, 2 weeks since purchase. Trusted reputation fairly new on trading feedback though. I just wanted some reassurance in sense maybe that response was all need @Leonmarsh

2 hours ago, Jimmock said:

We can all suffer emergencies in life,but has there been any communication at all,since you paid. Also have they been active on the forum since,cause if that is the case,then their is no excuse for not taking 30secs to message you with an update.

The last update 22nd, stating emergency the last log in the 23rd. 

Just now, MintageSeller said:

The last update 22nd, stating emergency the last log in the 23rd. 

22nd stated they will post it out that day, however never sent tracking or followed up, yeah i definetly understand situations like this. It can be difficult when emergencies come about, I would have just expected a response. 

8 hours ago, MintageSeller said:

Hello All, 

Advise on dealing with sellers who have gone AWOL after purchasing an item? I paid the item & seller has not responded. 

Perhaps give it a little more time... If they have a trusted reputation I am sure it will be fine.

Whilst it's quite a long time perhaps just send them a message  asking if it's possible for a quick update incase they have any notifications like an email linked to the forum. We've no idea what the seller is going through and it's unfortunate timing 

5 hours ago, Petra said:

Speak to your bank?

Won't do anything for a faster payment unfortunately, and especially one that was two weeks ago.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 minutes ago, Rains said:

Emergency  or not 2 weeks is too long and highly suspicious  i hope it get rectified i would expect  some for of comms in that time frame

Agreed no emergency last two weeks without an opportunity to post a quick message to the op 

I would alert Chris to the fact we may have a rogue member 

Unless the seller is in hospital, on remand, or  has passed away suddenly, I can't imagine any other scenario where they can't manage a get a quick message out to you with an update on your purchase within a two week time frame. Of course these days even  a mobile phone can get online and access sites like this making the chances of involuntary non contact to complete the purchase even slimmer. Hopefully you have covered yourself financially should the worst happen. 

8 hours ago, Petra said:

Speak to your bank?

I do not thnk the bank would be bothered. I have had on screen warnings when I have done transfers It maybe a police matter as a trade was agreed and not honoured.

7 minutes ago, ady said:

I do not thnk the bank would be bothered. I have had on screen warnings when I have done transfers It maybe a police matter as a trade was agreed and not honoured.

I will wait it out gentlemen, enjoy the weather while I can and hope they come through. 

It is an interesting one.

I have bought a lot on the forum and had zero issues.  I deal with the same people repeatedly and find trading feedback the “gold standard” for checking if someone is straight up.  Having said that I recently bought an error Sov from someone here with zero feedback.

Whilst I don’t suggest a name and shame, I wonder if @ChrisSilver can prevent them from posting in the sales section until this has been resolved?  Simply to protect other members?

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

4 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Burn the witch!

Hope it wasn’t for too much I’m sure it will be resolved though, what was their ranking? Sure this has happened before a d it was generally agreed anyone over 1000 was probably decent

95£

9 minutes ago, MintageSeller said:

Hello All, Update on this... no update no response and seller AWOL since 23rd of April. They have roughly 16 feedback. 

Personally I would be letting Chris know, maybe there is something he can do? Is he still paying his membership? And so on 

5 minutes ago, MintageSeller said:

95£

Reach out to Chris and get it noted, not sure how much he can actually do. But like leon says if he's paying a membership then he hopefully has all intentions of coming back, although strange behaviour none the less! still want to believe its an unfortunate emergency, but as every day passes that looks ever more unlikely.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Reach out to Chris and get it noted, not sure how much he can actually do. But like leon says if he's paying a membership then he hopefully has all intentions of coming back, although strange behaviour none the less! still want to believe its an unfortunate emergency, but as every day passes that looks ever more unlikely.

Yeah i just did, unfortuneatly accidently also shared a screenshot of my album trying to figure out how to grow stafruit ffs.