• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Silver Forum Tonnage

ady

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

Are you referring to precious metal, or is "stacks" some kind of euphemism?

😎

Not everything is a euphanism - Anyway I failed my euphonium test hence why I am always polishing my trumpet furiously!

Just now, James32 said:

Hop you're not referring to the pier?

Big Dipper!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

45 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Can I play?

Yes but only with coins from your personal collection/stack, not business!

You have never actually said whether you have ever been or still are a coin collector😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

5 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Yes but only with coins from your personal collection/stack, not business!

You have never actually said whether you have ever been or still are a coin collector😉

"Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Coin Collecting Fraternity of the United Kingdom?"

😎

5 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Yes , we wouldn't need to bring our own stack, could just borrow the Chards stuff😁

Would we have any chance of getting it back?

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, ady said:

Being the Silver Forum I am surprised, your mind went to gold

Did you know it is called The Silver Forum because it was set-up by Chris Silver.

There are sections for Gold, Silver, Platinum, General Precious Metals, and more.

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

Did you know it is called The Silver Forum because it was set-up by Chris Silver.

I was not aware of that nominative determination, but was aware other metals being covered. I shall in future bear this in mind.

On 24/03/2022 at 21:07, ady said:

I see the membership slowly creeping to the 20k, and was wondering how much TSF members hold as a collective. Just at an ounce a piece would mean 4-5 tonnes. I have heard some members have four poster bed made out of the stuff!

I suppose I can flop it out onto the desk and take a photo for you, it's dark now though. Probably better to wait for daylight

15 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

I suppose I can flop it out onto the desk and take a photo for you, it's dark now though. Probably better to wait for daylight

I hope that's your silver stack you are referring to, and nothing else!

😎

Chards

35 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I hope that's your silver stack you are referring to, and nothing else!

Maybe I should not have used the phrase "members hold" little thought again to my typing or are TSF participants just very good at inuendo?

2 minutes ago, ady said:

Maybe I should not have used the phrase "members hold" little thought again to my typing or are TSF participants just very good at inuendo?

I enjoy the subtleties of interpretation which are possible within the English language, and it seems that numerous other TSF members do also. I prefer to call it double entendre rather than innuendo.

Picking out possible misinterpretations helps to encourage writers to be clearer and less ambiguous.

In speech, while I try to ensure my main point is clear, I often use double entendre to introduce some fun and entertainment into the conversation. It does carry the risk that some people will misunderstand it and react badly. With any luck, that's their problem rather than mine.

😎

Chards

On 25/03/2022 at 09:25, sovereignsteve said:

Think we should all get together and take a full forum stack photo😃

Where's the venue ? Wembley Stadium

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.