• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Visited

11 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Oooh! - now I have 'Stack envy!... always wondered at what point a Safe Deposit Box became viable / affordable - I could fit my L-Plate stack in a large Kitchen Match Box - including the 20 silver Brits! 😳 🤦

i started that way in 2007 - buy regular and steady and it sharp mounts up 

23 minutes ago, Paul said:

im not a millionaire or hold a six figure salary

Just keep out of debt, don't drive a lease-o-matic fancy car, don't pay over the odds for rent/mortgage on a McMansion, learnt to be a great cook so never hardly eat out, don't have a wardrobe of designer clobber, enjoy hobbys that are free to do, save cash every little way i can

A man after my own heart 👍

3 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Have the prices slowed? Or is it just that the spot price has caught up?

do you stack much bullion? Be nice to see you full collection, I’m pretty sure it’s one of the best on here lol.

I could write a little essay on this on how things are and my opinions on things. Sadly I've only got an android phone to pen this reply on 3g connection :(

a full stack reveal would be nice one day, but after @mr-dead I would always feel erectile dysfunction here :(

52 minutes ago, Paul said:

I could write a little essay on this on how things are and my opinions on things. Sadly I've only got an android phone to pen this reply on 3g connection :(

a full stack reveal would be nice one day, but after @mr-dead I would always feel erectile dysfunction here :(

Essays are good from informed members such as yourself!

Hahaha…i have no response for that - even though I’ve spent several minutes trying to come up with one 😂😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Finally had to join the Box Club 😏

Feels a bit surreal that I have anything worth putting in one tbh, but I do, so took the plunge...

Here's the majority of the stack (1oz Brit tubes wouldn't 'quite' fit - but the tube of 1/4 oz 2021's did) here's the pic before I tucked them up for the night 😁

DSC00520.thumb.JPG.2f4dc1f5bab756f5d802a7464b702927.JPG

Great start to your stacking journey.  Large box to fill 

Welcome to the safe deposit box club 

27 minutes ago, Paul said:

Great start to your stacking journey.  Large box to fill 

Welcome to the safe deposit box club 

24 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

Smart move 👍🏼

Thanks Guys 😁

It's quite a nice size, but put some papers in as well as there wasn't much Stack to add! 😅 - if the work I have on at the minute continues for many more weeks, I may have to move up a size, and the next one is cavernous! about 3 x the depth 😲

Sadly the 1oz Brit Tubes are 'just' a gnats too deep for this one  🤷‍♂️ - hey ho

Also found the 'SUMIF' function in Google Sheets so I can see how much value there is in the box on my PM spreadsheet 😊 - Happy Days!

Edited by Scootermuppet
corrected grammar

On 22/07/2022 at 17:43, modofantasma said:

Sumif £5k/Oz 🤣🤔

I actually did LOL ! 🤣

I wanted to put a 'tag' next to each item in the spreadsheet that is in the box, then take the value of each item, add them up and show the total - works a treat! 👍 - still can't quite believe I own them... 🙂

Edited by Scootermuppet
figures removed

Cheers bud - will probably slow down a bit when the current project finishes, but has enabled me to make a great start.

I'm no Spreadsheet Wiz, but a bit of googling found the formula I was after - happy to pass on the method via PM if you want to add to your Spreadsheet? - found a way to get the Spot price of Gold (or silver) to pull in each time you open the Google Sheet as well, so I have Spot (intrinsic) values for the Gold coins 😁

3 minutes ago, PrivateStacker195 said:

Have you got gold in the black coin flips? I use to have my brilliant uncirculated 50p coins in flips and after awhile they would slightly ruin the coins, give it a foggy appearance. So just a lil caution 

Yes, they are Leuchtturm ( it's German for 'Lighthouse') ones, so should be inert - plus Gold doesn't react like Cupronickel or Silver does, as far as I'm aware... 🤔 and they are made with an inert plastic film - I have BU 50p's in them, and they are fine. A little more expensive than Generic Flips, but worth it IMHO

Edited by Scootermuppet
added information