• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Time to drag the Royal Mint's business model in to this century?

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

This is going absolutely nowhere fast....

Bit of thinking outside the box can fix this for everyone involved 🤔 

Party tonight at Barry's House and we can beat the sh#t out of a pinata fill with 2oz gold gothics before they are returned to store??

List of names below please😁

I suspect Barry is very close to doing so on his jack.

6 minutes ago, Gordy said:

RRP prices are good but transparency is even better to allow for informed choices

There is a dealer on here who puts the intrinsic value of the coin/bar on the sales and prices with and without VAT and delivery so you know how much you are paying over spot and from that info you decide if you want to buy or not

It's simple really

The general public buying proof coins as commemorative ornaments does not care a jot for spot - maybe think outside of bullion world where consumer retail laws apply? 

3 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

The general public buying proof coins as commemorative ornaments does not care a jot for spot - maybe think outside of bullion world where consumer retail laws apply? 

What times the party Barry?? Have 15 people coming so far 🙂

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

The OP seems a bit salty, did they miss out. Hard luck chum. We live in a free country and grading exists whether you like it or not. No sure this is the game for you. Say goodbye to the Royal Mint? ha, no chance. Plenty of people to take your place and you will not be missed.

There is no such thing as a fair launch

44 minutes ago, James32 said:

What times the party Barry?? Have 15 people coming so far 🙂

LOL - Bullion house should just perhaps refund me.. and be sensible? 

Baird Mint were very surprised to find they were listed on the Bullion House Trusted Partner page as a supplier of Bullion House

https://bullionhouse.co.uk/bullion-house-trusted-partners-gold-refiners/

I wonder how quickly that will also be taken down?

10 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

The OP seems a bit salty, did they miss out. Hard luck chum. We live in a free country and grading exists whether you like it or not. No sure this is the game for you. Say goodbye to the Royal Mint? ha, no chance. Plenty of people to take your place and you will not be missed.

There is no such thing as a fair launch

No - I got the coin, ripped of by dealer and they had misrepresented themselves and their relationship with Proof and bullion suppliers -

- but I have made that very clear - who are you anonymous person on the internet - do you have a vested interest? 

3 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Baird Mint were very surprised to find they were listed on the Bullion House Trusted Partner page as a supplier of Bullion House

To be honest I've never used or even heard of bullion House.

43 minutes ago, Gordy said:

🍷🍻 I'm bringing pickles

Im bringing my mankini for Sexy time

BoratInSpeedo-ILikeHighFive.gif

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/09963715/BULLION-HOUSE-GROUP-LTD/financials

No great financials to be fair, you realise they trade out of a serviced office address in Mayfair 

https://www.google.com/search?q=12+Hay+Hill%2C+Mayfair+W1J+8NR&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB918GB918&oq=12+Hay+Hill%2C+Mayfair+W1J+8NR&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i512.320j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

7 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

No - I got the coin, ripped of by dealer and they had misrepresented themselves and their relationship with Proof and bullion suppliers -

- but I have made that very clear - who are you anonymous person on the internet - do you have a vested interest? 

Are you taking any responsibility at all ?

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

ie a front address to make them sound posh being in Mayfair, yours for less than £100 a month but could be really ran out of a back bedroom in Peckham 

ive been stacking since mid 2000s and never heard of this outfit before 

Had some silver and gold off them, very competitive prices, very quick delivery. Never a problem

2 minutes ago, Petra said:

Had some silver and gold off them, very competitive prices, very quick delivery. Never a problem

never heard of them before this thread to be fair. that financial statement of affairs if not encouraging for them when the like of regulars like baird, Atkinsons BBP Chards all holding a million plus quid in bank & in assets, 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Chards all holding a million plus quid in bank & in assets, 

That reminds me @LawrenceChard lend us £500 😁

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

7 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

That reminds me @LawrenceChard lend us £500 😁

You don't need to lend £500.

I have a magic money bean, that will make you a millionaire within 12 months.

It only costs £200.

PM me if interested. Offer strictly limited. @BarryWoods I could do it for you for £150.

It's strictly limited I only have 1. I can't promise I will have it for long.

2 hours ago, TeaTime said:

It's all a bit convoluted. I think your gripe is that dealers are selling RM products the same day that they are available on the RM website. But at a huge mark-up. And presenting themselves as authorised dealers of RM products ?

These are all separate issues really.

I agree to an extent that dealers appear to be either circumventing the RM lottery process or are being offered product direct from the mint thus excluding some collectors from being able to purchase direct. It's only an appearance though - not factually proven. More likely the dealers are buying from those privileged enough to be offered the product but don't particularly want it.. 

If the dealer is buying from the secondary market and selling at a profit then that is capitalism at it's finest. No reason to complain. It's down to the buyer to determine what he/she is prepared to pay.

If the dealer is marketing themselves as an authorised seller of RM products then they are lying. This would be an issue of misrepresentation though and should not have any bearing on what they charge. Unless they are stating that their prices are RRP. Easy enough to check.

Easy enough to check? - prey tell - point me to the location on the RM website with RRP of the entire Gothic Crown Range of coins, including the exclusives - Not available anywhere I can find

I have FOI'd it.

And the dealer WAS passing themselves of as coins being supplied by RM, and that RM was a trusted partner, and using RM branding.. Totally false. (now removed from website, but I have archived the page)

And they still ARE passing themselves off as having bullion supplied by Baird Mint. that is not true. as Baird mint just confirmed to me. 

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

You don't need to lend £500.

I have a magic money bean, that will make you a millionaire within 12 months.

It only costs £200.

PM me if interested. Offer strictly limited. @BarryWoods I could do it for you for £150.

It's strictly limited I only have 1. I can't promise I will have it for long.

As per my sig block its only baked ones I eat, hence why i need fiat now. Not some Bank of Uganda sort code and bak account details swindle!

22 minutes ago, Petra said:

Same here - I have bought over £25K of bullion of them, never a problem, fast  delivery, good prices, willing to buy at good prices - had an account manager

Which is why I trusted them! I had not just stumbled across there website. 

But then they  got greedy over proofs?

26 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Are you taking any responsibility at all ?

Absolutely - and I am dealing with it - I HAVE the Coin - and I have been offered decent money for it - as I no longer want it. as I wanted the pair, and  I am certainly not going to buy the Portrait coin off them.. I just don't see anything more I could have done not to get caught out - I had a relationship with them, had spent £20,000 in bullion with them in the previous 6 months, good service, delivered fast good prices, good buy at prices.  Mad

4 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Absolutely - and I am dealing with it - I HAVE the Coin - and I have been offered decent money for it - as I no longer want it. as I wanted the pair, and  I am certainly not going to buy the Portrait coin off them.. I just don't see anything more I could have done not to get caught out - I had a relationship with them, had spent £20,000 in bullion with them in the previous 6 months, good service, delivered fast good prices, good buy at prices.  Mad

How can you be sure they got the coin at rrp??

i've just looked at their website and wow, those proofs are ebay prices so its easy for someone who trusts the dealer or doesnt know the standard pricing to get fooled, this is where research is invaluable, even their maid marian coins are too highly priced 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

2 minutes ago, Gordy said:

i've just looked at their website and wow, those proofs are ebay prices so its easy for someone who trusts the dealer or doesnt know the standard pricing to get fooled, this is where research is invaluable, even their maid marian coins are too highly priced 

but their 10oz completer is priced well haha

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

4 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Have you looked at London coin company or britannia coin company ?