• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why is the gothic crown so expensive ?

43 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

As per title.

being frank seems bonkers people are paying £400 plus for a 2 oz silver proof.

Some people asking for £500+ Did they just escape from the funny farm or does this coin warrant the mega premium?

They sold for £700+

Prices have dropped drastically because of the influx available to market. 

Once the set is complete ( both coins) and they end up in long term hands, I'd expect the set to be worth approx £12-£1400

It all started with the three graces ( first William wyon release) now unobtainable because they all went to collectors who held and continue to do so.

Ever since everyone wants a piece of the new release hysteria which in turn dilutes the market/price.

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

They sold for £700+

Once the set is complete ( both coins) and they end up in long term hands, I'd expect the set to be worth approx £12-£1400

It all started with the three graces ( first William wyon release) now unobtainable because they all went to collectors who held and continue to do so.

Ever since everyone wants a piece of the new release hysteria which in turn dilutes the market/price.

10 minutes ago, James32 said:

They sold for £700+

And what about the milk spots which will probably appear in a years time 😂 

Edited by SovereignBishop

7 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

Imagine having your pants pulled down spending £700 on a 2oz silver coin then seeing milk spots on it the following year 😂

That's why I bought 15 at rrp and getting 15 on monday

I got talked out of buying the 2oz gold Una and the Lion because someone was telling me it's not worth it.  The problem like anything you can only see the here and now at the point you decide to buy or not.   Would I have moped up 10 2oz silver Una and the Lions for £700-800 each   HELL YES.  Would I have paid 15k for a 2oz gold  HELL YES.  Only time can tell.

I do think the Alderney island 2 coin set is a lovely affordable collectors piece.......It even comes with a error theres a spelling mistake on the coin. 

9 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I got talked out of buying the 2oz gold Una and the Lion because someone was telling me it's not worth it.  The problem like anything you can only see the here and now at the point you decide to buy or not.   Would I have moped up 10 2oz silver Una and the Lions for £700-800 each   HELL YES.  Would I have paid 15k for a 2oz gold  HELL YES.  Only time can tell.

I do think the Alderney island 2 coin set is a lovely affordable collectors piece.......It even comes with a error theres a spelling mistake on the coin. 

You work for the Alderney mint mate😃 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

@Stu no but can appreciate a great coin.  I bough the EIC 3 graces pattern coin as IMO this was one of the closer interpretations of the original as it was made un milled, the alloy content and even the denotation was the same as the original.  Not keen on the EIC privy mark or the portrait but you can't have it all.  

I'd like to see the the RM reproduce coins as close to the original specification as possible. 

1 minute ago, SovereignBishop said:

So there is another one of these coins from the same series coming out Monday ?

Yeah the first was the quartered arms,the one on Mon is the potrait. 

6 minutes ago, SovereignBishop said:

Can’t see any mention of it on the RM site. Do they just slip it in somewhere ?

Yeah usually send an email the day before....then the day of it will show.

Edited by James32

3 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

As per title.

being frank seems bonkers people are paying £400 plus for a 2 oz silver proof.

Some people asking for £500+ Did they just escape from the funny farm or does this coin warrant the mega premium?

I'm with you on this one , however I have spent a lot of money on some  individual pieces of silver so I guess it comes down to personal preference 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️