• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

14 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Well i can't wait for the queue moan, the sold out moan, the dealers have got some for above rrp moan, waiting for 6 months for the coin to arrive moan, and finally the QC moan. 

Spot the odd one out above. Every point is justified but one. 

The QC moan....because there is none ?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, Sharron said:

Haha ..are the negative comments and don't care whether I get this 2nd coin just the normal ruse to put people off going for it so it diminishes the enthusiasm of buying it..seen this ploy soooo many times and the people who try and put people off going for it are inthe queue at 11am...so predictable guys..got to come up with a better strategy for putting off normal collectors from going for this coin so you have a better chance of acquiring this 2nd release 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sharron,

Come all in the queue. I'm allready in. I'll take a 5 OZ silver as well, just to see if it arrives before 5 OZ Henry does.🤷‍♂️ And if i hold them in my hands, i will be happy. But for now i'm disappointed, cause they could have done better. This doesn't look like a great piece, but i have to buy it. That's the destiny of a coin junky... 

6 hours ago, Hanz said:

Another QC moan.

Royalmint QC missed the big scratch on Queens face and a loose bit of silver slithering in the capsule. How did the scratch happened andcQC not to spot it. The Monarch obversecside is perfect. 

IMG_20220325_234351.jpg

IMG_20220325_233612.jpg

FFS , I hope you sent that back. The premiums they charge recently are steep, we should expect and receive A1. Perth Mint can do better with their bullion releases. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Here some better pictures of the James I coin, and some additional informations by agaunews. Looks like silver remains 1250/700/275 mintage, while gold is downed to 100/150/50 plus the graded 1 OZ gold, they ain't show here.

https://agaunews.com/the-royal-mints-british-monarchs-collection-adds-the-17th-century-monarch-james-i-as-its-second-numismatic-homage/

They say also, there is a 10 OZ silver with a 150 mintage. Same was stated for Henry, so i guess it's just a mistake and there will not be a 10 OZ silver.

2022-RM-James-I-FEAT2-800x500.jpg

2022-RM-James-I-Au-REV-800x800.jpg

2022-RM-James-I-Ag-REV-800x800.jpg

25 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Here some better pictures of the James I coin, and some additional informations by agaunews. Looks like silver remains 1250/700/275 mintage, while gold is downed to 100/150/50 plus the graded 1 OZ gold, they ain't show here.

https://agaunews.com/the-royal-mints-british-monarchs-collection-adds-the-17th-century-monarch-james-i-as-its-second-numismatic-homage/

They say also, there is a 10 OZ silver with a 150 mintage. Same was stated for Henry, so i guess it's just a mistake and there will not be a 10 OZ silver.

2022-RM-James-I-FEAT2-800x500.jpg

2022-RM-James-I-Au-REV-800x800.jpg

2022-RM-James-I-Ag-REV-800x800.jpg

So, the release is 12noon today??

2 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

It's not online yet. From 12 noon today. Right now you can see just this

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/british-monarchs/king-james-i/

If I had the money, I think this is a better bet!

James VI (Scotland), Gold Unit of £12 Scottish or £1 English (royalmint.com)

2 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

If I had the money, I think this is a better bet!

James VI (Scotland), Gold Unit of £12 Scottish or £1 English (royalmint.com)

I guess the original coins are always a better bet. Modern coins are nice, but most of them are no more interesting after some years. Especially if it comes to modern minting techniques that get every year better. Who remembers the Gulo Gulo ten years ago, that was selling up to almost 2k for 1 OZ of silver? 

But modern coins are way easier to collect and you don't need a lot of knowledge for collecting them. 

26 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

What are you looking for?

When I got on the rm it isn’t showing anything about the release at all just showing me investing, seems like they’ve updated the website and it isn’t the easiest to use 

Im not buying anything from this Monarchs series.  I dont think it will even run its course for the full series given how many there are set to be released

As @westminstrel said earlier, i'm also of the feeling also there is a bubble slowly bursting on all these modern RM releases 

Vauxhall combo van, Front doors will not unlock | DIYnot Forums

11 minutes ago, Paul said:

Im not buying anything from this Monarchs series.  I dont think it will even run its course for the full series given how many there are set to be released

As @westminstrel said earlier, i'm also of the feeling also there is a bubble slowly bursting on all these modern RM releases 

Vauxhall combo van, Front doors will not unlock | DIYnot Forums

I’m sitting out this series too.  I completely missed the Henry VII coin release and all I wanted was the 1 Oz silver. Oh well. Maybe it was for the best.

Eventually I expect they will release a complete set, and at that time, I’ll decide if I want it for my own collection.

Its not worth the hassle to collect the 1 Oz silvers now for a few ££ profit.