• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

15 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

don't have the link but took a screen shot at the time as I can't find jack S on the RM website 

mon.png

I can't find Jack S on the RM website, either.  I called the RM and asked where in the hell Jack S is, and they said they thought he was out doing errands for Anne Jessopp, or maybe he was down in QC checking over the coins.  So, apparently the RM doesn't know Jack S, either!

1 minute ago, JeffM said:

I can't find Jack S on the RM website, either.  I called the RM and asked where in the hell Jack S is, and they said they thought he was out doing errands for Anne Jessopp, or maybe he was down in QC checking over the coins.  So, apparently the RM doesn't know Jack S, either!

Ok, I'm back out of my box

26 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

So James I next month.

I assume its going to be higher mintages ...

Would make them available outside the UK, should not be bad. But i would like a couple more releases with Henry's small mintages of 1 & 2 OZ silver.  

5 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Would make them available outside the UK, should not be bad. But i would like a couple more releases with Henry's small mintages of 1 & 2 OZ silver.  

I would really like them maintain the mintages. I don't think they will though, a small increase will be acceptable 😀

24 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I would really like them maintain the mintages. I don't think they will though, a small increase will be acceptable 😀

If they do up the mintages, It will make the Henry VII more appealing in the long run.

If they do keep them low, even though it'll be sad to miss out, this is what we signed up for. Sometimes you'll hit, sometimes you'll miss.

5 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

If they do up the mintages, It will make the Henry VII more appealing in the long run.

If they do keep them low, even though it'll be sad to miss out, this is what we signed up for. Sometimes you'll hit, sometimes you'll miss.

I agree.

However, I would rather they kept the mintages low, and take my "chances" 😉

1 hour ago, SilverJacks said:

Really looking forward to the next one. I don't know what type of design/finish to expect.

@westminstrel Have you done any research for the era of the next coin? I lazily ask you because you were right last time. That's my excuse

I think, or better i hope, the finish will be almost similar to Henry. 

@westminstrel Has this coin any chance to be the choosen one?

501-360.jpg

2 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I think, or better i hope, the finish will be almost similar to Henry. 

@westminstrel Has this coin any chance to be the choosen one?

501-360.jpg

I think RM are waiting for suggestions on this thread. I’m guessing though it will be portraits not animals and “arms”. 🤷‍♂️ 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 minute ago, MancunianStacker said:

I think RM are waiting for suggestions on this thread. I’m guessing though it will be portraits not animals and “arms”. 🤷‍♂️ 

I think you are right. Except @westminstrel says something else.🤣

Maybe this one? I'm already in the queue...

7168_640x640.jpg

Proclamations for the next Monarch Portraits...

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3988957

For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · XXX POUNDS ·” and the date of the year, and for the reverse either:

(a) a portrait of James I with the inscription “· IACOBVS · D : G : MAG : BRIT : FRAN : ET · HIB : REX ·” or;

(b) a portrait of George I with the inscription “ GEORGIVS · DG · M · BR · FR · ET HIB REX · F · D ·” or;

(c) a portrait of Edward VII with the inscription “ EDWARDVS VII DEI GRA : BRITT : OMN : REX FID : DEF : IND : IMP :”.

2 minutes ago, h103efa said:

Proclamations for the next Monarch Portraits...

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3988957

For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · XXX POUNDS ·” and the date of the year, and for the reverse either:

(a) a portrait of James I with the inscription “· IACOBVS · D : G : MAG : BRIT : FRAN : ET · HIB : REX ·” or;

(b) a portrait of George I with the inscription “ GEORGIVS · DG · M · BR · FR · ET HIB REX · F · D ·” or;

(c) a portrait of Edward VII with the inscription “ EDWARDVS VII DEI GRA : BRITT : OMN : REX FID : DEF : IND : IMP :”.

Well, they are certainly gong to be churning them out this year.

19 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Well, they are certainly gong to be churning them out this year.

Yeah they are!

I was a bit unsure about this series initially.

I think the low mintage has got it off to a good start.

Henry VII still hasn't grown enough on me yet, but there is definitely something about it.

It also looks to be doing well on the secondary market too.

I am definitely in on the 1oz and 2oz silvers in this series, which together cost a little more than a 2oz silver great engravers.

Hopefully they keep the mintages low

On 21/01/2022 at 18:42, Foster88 said:

I just hope they don’t do anything like they did with the Alfred the Great coins when they gave him lobster claws as hands. 😂

01071A88-57B4-409F-A0CB-CEB1B3C23DD8.jpeg

When I saw this I thought it reminds me of something... Then it struck me, Mr Burns from the Simpsons when he was mistaken for an alien.

Aliensimpsons-1.png

26 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Did everyone send these for grading then? I really wanted a 1oz silver but never really seen many get flipped?

I think ones about to end on fleabay soon 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA