• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 hour ago, Paul said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324946091847

2oz gold milled edge on FeeBay - ending in next 24 hours - no bids as yet at start price of £9,999 if anyone fancies treating themselves for Christmas

I know whose nuts would be roasting on an open fire if I were to purchase it😎

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Does anybody know if all gold and silver denominations had the continuity available? I’m just curious if there will be any coins available when it comes time for the Portrait release in March. I would like to try for the 5 oz silver of that since I missed out on it for the Quartered Arms but didn’t know if any would be left to even make it worth trying. 

I don’t know is if there was a continuation option for the larger denominations but unless you’re lucky and get an early queue number there’s no hope of getting one.

Your best bet is to phone them and hope you get through quickly.

I don’t know what had happened to their queue it system but it’s an absolute shambles. I had no problem getting a 3 graces with a high queue number but with the more recent releases I’m not wasting my time for such a small chance of getting one

8 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

No quit a hard lockdown but they are now fining people £60 if they go to work  when they could work from home, the Welsh Government is very similar to Australia’s left wing stasi. 

This is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard, people who rely on their wages do what they are told. This is really cynical putting the blame on an employee, I don't see that ending well.

Still, gives us time to discuss our 2023 portraits....

Edited by apachebleu

4 hours ago, matt1r said:

I don’t know is if there was a continuation option for the larger denominations but unless you’re lucky and get an early queue number there’s no hope of getting one.

Your best bet is to phone them and hope you get through quickly.

I don’t know what had happened to their queue it system but it’s an absolute shambles. I had no problem getting a 3 graces with a high queue number but with the more recent releases I’m not wasting my time for such a small chance of getting one

What really messed up the queue system on this past release was if you ordered the Quartered Arms and the continuity you got two of the coin which cleared out the inventory twice as fast. Not complaining though as it happened to me!

Can someone that has been following the whole thread link or remind those of us that pop in and out where the speculation is for the next Great Engraver after William Wyon? I remember seeing a couple posts of some good speculation but can't find them again despite searching. What's the top speculation right now?

53 minutes ago, MintCollectionsImports said:

Can someone that has been following the whole thread link or remind those of us that pop in and out where the speculation is for the next Great Engraver after William Wyon? I remember seeing a couple posts of some good speculation but can't find them again despite searching. What's the top speculation right now?

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/all-notices/notice?text=royal+mint&categorycode-all=all&noticetypes=&location-postcode-1=&location-distance-1=1&location-local-authority-1=&numberOfLocationSearches=1&start-publish-date=&end-publish-date=&edition=&london-issue=&edinburgh-issue=&belfast-issue=&sort-by=latest-date&results-page-size=10

I searched Royal Mint and then Latest results. I haven’t notice the. Next Great engravers. Could be 6 months+ from March 2022 🤷‍♂️ 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

8 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

With it being a Jubilee year I can see a new coin every month! I just hope they do us collectors justice.  @MancunianStacker post about the proclamation looks very interesting.  

There is a fifteen thousand pound face value gold coin = 15kg coin

so just at melt value that's around £600,000+ 

The Mint RRP will be ????

Probably a mintage of x1 

Just now, Paul said:

There is a fifteen thousand pound face value gold coin = 15kg coin

so just at melt value that's around £600,000+ 

The Mint RRP will be ????

Probably a mintage of x1 

I know its utter mental face value coin.  Won't be long before Sunak starts getting the mint to knock up Billion pound coins so he can balance the books.