• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

There's been so much shill bidding on eBay it's criminal.

I won't sell on eBay, that's why I'm here lol. Trust is a huge thing when it comes to what we're buying and selling.

Edited by Mtaybar

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

No way would I sell or buy from anyone with no feedback. 

I'm suspicious of those ratings and feedback on eBay 🤣. I always think they've done it themselves or had mates do them for them. Here the community is small enough to kind of know you aren't all the same person and big enough to have plenty to find when you're in the market for something. 

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

I'm suspicious of those ratings and feedback on eBay 🤣. I always think they've done it themselves or had mates do them for them. Here the community is small enough to kind of know you aren't all the same person and big enough to have plenty to find when you're in the market for something. 

Totally agree mate, you will know someone who's either bought or sold from someone else, I use to sell on eBay for about 2 years it's full of messers and jokers people bidding on a 7 day auction only not to pay, listing uk only and getting bids from Eastern Europe, not been ripped off just opens you to people I  don't need in your life. 

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Totally agree mate, you will know someone who's either bought or sold from someone else, I use to sell on eBay for about 2 years it's full of messers and jokers people bidding on a 7 day auction only not to pay, listing uk only and getting bids from Eastern Europe, not been ripped off just opens you to people I  don't need in your life. 

I had a coin I tried to sell on eBay... I sold it to some person in the US but he had no ratings or feedback at all. He messaged me to give me delivery details and asked for my PayPal. I told him to do everything through eBay for the security but I never heard from him again. I eventually traded it on here with Great British bullion. 

27 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

I have messaged the winning bidder saying I will not be able to sell the item to them if they do win due to them having no feedback. Too risky for me. 

I'd message bidder no2 also ( they seem decent) but reach out explain the situation and ask are they still happy to be given a second chance offer 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, FlorinCollector said:

I found out I can cancel the bid and have done so. 

Still reach out to bidder 2 ( as they can now cancel and say they found something else because they where out bid)

There really seems to be something odd going on. Even future listing (especially ones up to 797) have bidders with one feedback.

Quite a few sold ones have went for 797.

It's kind of like someone wants to make it seem like the price is 800 ish.

Screenshot_20211212-165912_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c5d8778d2326f03ce3b1477bbc6325e2.jpg

No implications of course. But it does seem bizarre still to me, that a single seller is going to all that trouble to gain tens of pounds probably.

What a place ebay is.

Clearly the market is falsely inflated. I reckon the market for these is probably around £500 to £600, currently.

Will be keeping a close eye when the shenanigans stop and look for some bargains.

4 minutes ago, watchesandwhisky said:

Shill bidding is so rife in all forms of auctions i still feel the real prices are sales here - last 2oz silver sold for £600

600 is cheap in my opinion ( hence yours going so quickly 😁

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

600 is cheap in my opinion ( hence yours going so quickly 😁

I think it was a good price but also a pretty fair market value:) 

That ones still available at £650 so for now the price level has been found (even if only briefly) 

I will gaze lovingly at that coin before it goes, its something special for sure. That said i am saving for a house deposit so have to try and not get sentimental.

1 minute ago, FlorinCollector said:

@watchesandwhiskyI believe £600 is a bit cheap but risk free on here so it is a win there. 

For sure, I value that and am willing to make sure the deal is competitive for the peace of mind:)

2 minutes ago, watchesandwhisky said:

I think it was a good price but also a pretty fair market value:) 

That ones still available at £650 so for now the price level has been found (even if only briefly) 

I will gaze lovingly at that coin before it goes, its something special for sure. That said i am saving for a house deposit so have to try and not get sentimental.

For sure, I value that and am willing to make sure the deal is competitive for the peace of mind:)

Fair play 👌