• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

QEII Why do collectors/stackers have a problem with our Maj?????

Hi all....

I wanted to put this out there regarding the negative comments I'm always hearing  on the obverse of certain mints who have our beloved Elizabeth II on the obverse of certain mints...e.g Maples and Kooks for example....

Talking to stackers/collectors about this and watching YouTube videos predominantly from the USA and I will state this is mainly in the USA and not in the UK....our beloved Queen is always being slated and not appreciated being on the obverse of certain coins? Alot of stackers will not purchase Britannia's,Kooks,Maples even though they command lower premiums than let's say the ASE, solely because they don't like Elizabeth II on the obverse???? 

Quote....

Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face" is an expression used to describe a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction to a problem: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" is a warning against acting out of pique, or against pursuing revenge in a way that would damage oneself more than the object of one's ...

1oz silver coins are just that 1oz silver 9999...If collectors or stackers want to pay a greater premium for their countries coins such as ASE's rather than paying a lower premium for the same 9999 Britannia's, Kooks or their neighbors Canadian maples...just because they don't like the obverse of our Lizzy being on a coin..than to me that's a childish view...Me, I have never seen the attraction of the ASE's like our American cousins do but as that's there bullion coin of their country I guess I can sort of understand why they always think their coins are the best..like we think our Britannia's are the best which they are....haha...but from a investment point of view,stacking point of view and a value point of view....avoiding purchasing coins with QEII on the obverse is totally not warranted when it comes to buying the same 1oz 9999 silver coin for a cheaper premium?????. A can of worms might be opened up here...and I will be interested in your comments and views....Positive or Negative..

Regards.

Yes,you would think that....but there are people out there who refuse to buy Silver coins from certain mints because it has the Queen on the obverse or are always saying they don't like the face of our Maj on coins...I would really like to know why and moreover what I've heard and seen on some YOUTUBE channels is actually true..🤔🤔

Have you seen some of the obverse depictions of the queen on the commonwealth coins?

There are some truly terrible obverse designs out there. Just look at the 2021 maple OMG.

And of course there will be folk out there that don't like the queen or any type of royalty on any coin from any nation.

17 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

But who was the designer of this obverse??

It seems that the image was by Joel Iskowitz.

The left facing head is very unusual as the Queen's head usually faces right (the opposite direction to that of the previous monarch, George VI).

Yeah I thought that was a bit strange..but as it was minted around St Helena ,well say no more...perhaps these Islands have their own artistic licence to mint what they like. But I thought any image of the Queen on any merchandise has to be approved by herself? If so bless her...her sight might be going..🤫

On 08/08/2021 at 17:14, StackemHigh said:

Have you seen some of the obverse depictions of the queen on the commonwealth coins?

There are some truly terrible obverse designs out there. Just look at the 2021 maple OMG.

And of course there will be folk out there that don't like the queen or any type of royalty on any coin from any nation.

I agree about some of the depictions of HMQ.  The Perth Mint & Canadian mint renderings are really not to my taste at all. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

On 08/08/2021 at 19:16, Zhorro said:

Name that man woman:

QueenLeft.jpg

MADGE FROM NEIGHBOURS

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

41 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Harsh!!!!😆

But fair! Was stevie wonder the designer?

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I noticed this in a free paper a few days ago in an advert by H&B. The left facing had to be approved by the palace too.

20210811_160844.jpg

This add is obviously for the gold coin though and it's tiny as the price would suggest.

Edited by StackemHigh

Living in America I can say I have never heard anyone against buying lizzy tish coins, yes they prefer ASE's but like brits like brits, Mexicans like libertads, etc etc.

I have heard a few racistsvranting about plenty of people but never say they were not going to buy brits or ozzie coins cos the queens on them, silver buyers tend to buy what's there unless they specifically buy eagles anything is good and they love Perth mints coins because of the designs and less milk spots....id have noticed anti queen comments cos I'm British American.

For me as a non UK person, I don't have anything against Queen Elizabeth on the reverse. I will say thought that QE is almost ''standard'' as a lot of coins (Canadian, Australian, NZD, Tokelau, etc) outside of the UK carry the portrait. It just makes it a tad boring if you don't necessarily have an affinity with the Queen or the UK in general. 

I'm not really bothered by it though, it would not stop me from purchasing items that I'd want anyway, though it does make me appreciate some other coins more with left-field countries on the reverse. For instance, the Somali elephants or the Congo Gorilla series have a pretty cool design compared to a bust of monarch xyz.