• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

QEII Why do collectors/stackers have a problem with our Maj?????

47 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Google King's and Queens of England.

A bit more googling needed by you @CollectorNo1 😉, but I'll make it easy, Scotland has had only one Queen Elizabeth, the current one. 

In fairness to the Ops post, he did give a clue in his post...

25 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

A bit more googling needed by you @CollectorNo1 😉, but I'll make it easy, Scotland has had only one Queen Elizabeth, the current one. 

In fairness to the Ops post, he did give a clue in his post...

My issue with HRH on the obverse is that designers misspell the title. They always stick an extra 1 in it. The Queen is simply QE1 UP HERE not QE2. She isn't the second QE , she is the first.

With the upmost of respect.

'up here' doesn't really mean much to me...could be talking about the 'Moon' or 'Mars'  we in England had Queen Elizabeth I  1558-1603 ..Now we have Queen Elizabeth II of England 1952 to the present day. I'm not really concerned with other parts of the country..imo QEII on our coins is correct...

1 minute ago, CollectorNo1 said:

My issue with HRH on the obverse is that designers misspell the title. They always stick an extra 1 in it. The Queen is simply QE1 UP HERE not QE2. She isn't the second QE , she is the first.

With the upmost of respect.

'up here' doesn't really mean much to me...could be talking about the 'Moon' or 'Mars'  we in England had Queen Elizabeth I  1558-1603 ..Now we have Queen Elizabeth II of England 1952 to the present day. I'm not really concerned with other parts of the country..imo QEII on our coins is correct...

Oh...you said Scotland has had only one Queen?? What about Mary Queen of Scots..doesn't she count with you anymore...'Up there' 😉

3 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Oh...you said Scotland has had only one Queen?? What about Mary Queen of Scots..doesn't she count with you anymore...'Up there' 😉

@SilverMike I'm just being cheeky...I actually do see your point but it is what it is...QEII is here to stay on our coins until she passes...'Love it or Hate it' 🤔🙄

12 hours ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Are you forgetting about Henry the VIII daughter who was Queen of England - Queen Elizabeth I 1558-1603 ?

Look at my profile location. It is located to the left of my post. Dundee, Scotland, does that give you a clue? The daughter of a serial philanderer and wife murderer has nothing to do with Scotland.

4 minutes ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Look at my profile location. It is located to the left of my post. Dundee, Scotland, does that give you a clue? The daughter of a serial philanderer and wife murderer has nothing to do with Scotland.

I dont really look at people's posts..just the threads,but thanks for the heads up..

Poor ole Henry....😥

On 10/08/2021 at 19:47, Scuzzle said:

Once old jug lugs Chuck appears on the coinage I will admit that's going to put me off, don't have a problem with Betty Battenberg though.

I've never thought of this. I hope queeny sticks around a while longer. Having big ears on coins would really put me off buying them.

It is a large variety of coins and rounds, everyone can choose what he/she like. In my opinion, a bust/portrait of a king/queen will add something special to a coin/round.

For example, I will compare a silver coin 10 Dollars 1973 Canada Montreal with a generic Liberty Buffalo. I will choose always for sure the elegance of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Which one would you prefer?

OIP (1).jpeg

OIP (2).jpeg

On 17/08/2021 at 12:03, CollectorNo1 said:

Actually, I did not say that Scotland had only one Queen. Quite the opposite, Scotland has had many Queens. What I did say was that Scotland has only had one Queen Elizabeth - QE hence the reason why many in Scotland do not recognise the title of the current monarch.

Edited by HillWalkerDundee

24 minutes ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

Actually, I did not say that Scotland had only one Queen. Quite the opposite, Scotland has had many Queens. What I did say was that Scotland has only had one Queen Elizabeth - QE hence the reason why many in Scotland do not recognise the title of the current monarch.

Lol...that's just a Scottish thing..After all Scotland doesn't agree with anything England says and vice versa...I don't care about the politics..we all live on the same island and should get on..but that will never happen because certain people can't get past the history of our 2 nations going back 100's of years..personally I've got better things to think about..dont hold grudges and don't really care what happened in the past...live in peace is my motto.🙂🙂🙂

On 22/08/2021 at 21:24, CollectorNo1 said:

Lol...that's just a Scottish thing..After all Scotland doesn't agree with anything England says and vice versa...I don't care about the politics..we all live on the same island and should get on..but that will never happen because certain people can't get past the history of our 2 nations going back 100's of years..personally I've got better things to think about..dont hold grudges and don't really care what happened in the past...live in peace is my motto.🙂🙂🙂

I couldn't agree more, although I'm still a bit sore about Wessex conquering the Danelaw... 😉

When it comes to numbering monarchs, I'm happy enough when people refer to Mary Queen of Scot's son as James VI, even though he was the first of England, it matters not, as I know who you mean regardless of which system is used.

52 minutes ago, SidS said:

I couldn't agree more, although I'm still a bit sore about Wessex conquering the Danelaw... 😉

When it comes to numbering monarchs, I'm happy enough when people refer to Mary Queen of Scot's son as James VI, even though he was the first of England, it matters not, as I know who you mean regardless of which system is used.

When I was at school, in the history class, he was always referred to as "James VI of Scotland,James I of England". I would have no issue with the same formality being app!ied to the current monarch. It would make for larger coins though.