• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Hello, thanks for accepting me in the community. Today I bought this beautiful coin, I believe is good price as it was less than €320 and €12 shipping 

IMG_0885.thumb.JPG.8f8cd74d2c53c090230ee66829deeb79.JPG

The production technique of modern pandas is great. A good buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joined the gang and bought one of these just now. Pretty cheap for a first of its kind, 5000 mintage and at PF70. 78 gbp (converted from my currency) with  30 gbp shipping for me so delivered 108 gbp . It would cost me 27 gbp to get a coin graded where I am with no guarantee of getting a 70, so at 108 gbp delivered across the planet, a bargain.

FUN FACT - It is a 1oz not 30g.

Edited by Oldun

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

Joined the gang and bought one of these just now. Pretty cheap for a first of its kind, 5000 mintage and at PF70. 78 gbp (converted from my currency) with  30 gbp shipping for me so delivered 108 gbp . It would cost me 27 gbp to get a coin graded where I am with no guarantee of getting a 70, so at 108 gbp delivered across the planet, a bargain.

FUN FACT - It is a 1oz not 30g.

I love this coin, however at that price its not for me sadly.

You can get a regular non graded moon festival 1oz panda for about half the price delivered I think.

By the way, there are currently 1703 PF70s out of the original mintage of 5000. Pound for pound the 1oz is the best deal compared to the price and numbers of the  2oz and 10oz PF70s around.

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/china-medals/sc-366/silver/?c=965688

Edited by Oldun

On 18/09/2016 at 11:42, Zaikoff said:

Hello, thanks for accepting me in the community. Today I bought this beautiful coin, I believe is good price as it was less than €320 and €12 shipping 

IMG_0885.JPG

Lovely coin don't think you can go to far wrong, they are well popular.

Mickey .5g Gold in blister card  - Through the ages - 8 Coins in the series 5000 mintage of each  - The Band Concert Number 1/Brave Little Tailor Number 2 - Could be a good one - not many haven't seen Mickey Mouse -

2016 Star Trek 50th Anniversary . 1oz Silver Bullion in Card - USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701 - only 1701 of the carded coins produced

star trek.jpg

mickey1.jpg

mickey.jpg

Edited by mondy41

Damn MCM. Just got a mail knocking 60% off of graded proof pandas (2016) (now $99 from $159) and in my weakened condition having just woken up, I bought a PF70 silver panda. Damn their eyes !

Probably the smart money will be on the PF69 2 ozs, cracking them out and selling them raw to late comers if the mintage is announced as low later in the year or whenever it is announced but hey ho, I'm in for a PF70 1 oz.

The exchange rate is just too good to miss out on this year for me - could the financial collapse hurry up and happen already - it's costing me a fortune  :lol:

the number of PF70s being pumped out now are seriously on the increase over the last few years as dealers realise they can get the pick of their bunch and get them graded in advance of selling to take away the flippers' profits. Still, a PF70 is a PF70.

The lowest mintage for a 1oz proof was 500 in 1998. The highest was 30,006 in 1986.

514 PF 70s registered on NGC

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/mexico-1905-to-date/sc-216/1-onza/?c=790288

and 18 PCGS registered PF 70s

http://www.pcgs.com/pop/valueview.aspx?s=609294

Edited by Oldun

Wow, that is one of only 5 MS70s on the NGC register and 13 on the PCGS registry AND a first of series.

Well done :)

If they bring out a proof of the 1/4 oz, you will be one of only (so far) 18 people on the planet that could make a MS and PF 70 pair and either way, you are in the 18 member group as of now.

I'm sure that number will go up but not significantly I hope for you. These are bullion coins only so far and handled as such, so a bullion 70 grading is a great start to the day :)

It is going to be sooooo interesting to see what announcement The RM make about this series and especially if they are going to be introducing proofs and or continuing/discontinuing/expanding denominations going forward.

Anyway, a super start to any day :)

Edited by Oldun