• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

43 minutes ago, StackerMike said:

Right for I'd let everyone know,
I Got my money backemoji106.png
Bit of a result,
Now just need to find a real 1982 1/4oz Gold panda,

Thank you everyone your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear that.. I also bid on this item but spotted it was a fake last minute after looking at some pictures I noticed the stair details on the temple were wrong.. This was the coin I messaged you about @Numistacker

Glad to hear that.. I also bid on this item but spotted it was a fake last minute after looking at some pictures I noticed the stair details on the temple were wrong.. This was the coin I messaged you about @Numistacker

I now know what to look for when buying panders,
It worked out well in the end and I learnt a lesson for it,

He has asked me to send it back to him,

which I am going to do,

I would love to destroy it but I've got my money back and don't want any issues,

so I'm going to send it back to him,

I think if he tries sent it again he will struggle, 

I bet NGC would like to have it!

45 minutes ago, morezone said:

Did he say what the circumstances were for the second chance offer?

He said to me the winning bidder thought it was a different year panda by mistake he bid and won the coin 

Edited by PureGold

Hi everyone,
Bit of an update,
The guy I bought the fake Panda,
Posted another one on a different eBay account,
He also was trying to sell a 1oz kangaroo,
I text him told him that I was in contact NGC and eBay,
I also told him he is breaking the law for selling counterfeit goods,
He quickly took down the items,
And tried feeding me a load of bulls**t that the coins were handed down to him from his grandad,
Not sure what to do with the coin I have now I'm definitely not going to send it to him,
Should I contact in NGC?
Or should I just destroy it?
He was text me quite a bit think I might of scared him he's only a young lad,

Sounds like you were pretty lucky to get your money back, thank god you didn't pay by bank transfer

It would be nice if you could contact authorities about this type of thing, but from personal experience Action Fraud (the supposed internet arm of the police) are totally useless

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I believe these 3 accounts are of the same person(s) based on the photos, location and the same coins being sold.  If anyone has bought anything from any of these sellers you need to check it's authenticity.

one2shopping-99 , spotondeals1000 , qualityitems-plus 

No harm in contacting NGC to see what they say.  It may be that eBay will take action with intervention from NGC since it's their product which is being counterfeited.  That is of course if NGC actually cares and bothers to follow up.

33 minutes ago, StackerMike said:

He was text me quite a bit think I might of scared him he's only a young lad,

If you have his number I would be tempted to call him witheld, say you're the police and you're investigating online fraud

Tell him he needs to go to his local police station for an interview and to hand in the counterfeit coins before say September 5th, or you will have to send officers to arrest him at home 

Edited by Kman

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 minute ago, MikeOxlong said:

Does the mobile number bring up any details? Maybe you could find a name to report to the police

Speaking from experience, police wont do anything, even if he kept the money. 

9 minutes ago, Quicksilver said:

It's a trading standards matter and they will contact the police. And raid him if reported.

Do trading standards deal with individuals? I thought it was just companies 

9 minutes ago, Kman said:

Do trading standards deal with individuals? I thought it was just companies 

Yes I know someone who spent a couple of grand on eBay. The goods were counterfeit. Similar scenario where the money was refunded.  Trading standards still busted them and prosecuted.

Edited by Quicksilver
spelling

Does the mobile number bring up any details? Maybe you could find a name to report to the police

He might be a young lad but the consequences are the same for whomever he defrauds and i am sure he is old enough to know what he is doing is wrong

I have his name and his full address,
I found him on Facebook
It was quite easy to find all the details,

1974 full sov, complete gamble not seen pictures of both side and was very cheap! under 200. Is that plain stupidity? :D

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

1 hour ago, prophet800 said:

Where from?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

private sale, will post pics tomorrow if i get time before i leave for Paris!

57 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

probably but if you paid by paypal you should be ok

Yea i did, lets see :) would be my cheapest ever purchase under spot if its ok

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com