• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

5 minutes ago, terakris said:

For this type of coin, NCS is a must IMHO. you could be talking the difference between a 69 and 70 grade, which could be talking thousands in a 70 uplift value.

⬆️ I second this! It’s worth the investment. Even as a 69 you’ve probably just made £1,650 but as a 70 well £80 runs into what, an extra £3,000 🤷‍♂️ . Even an extra £1k minimum 

Edited by MancunianStacker

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

10 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I decided against conversation as I put down standard and valued it ar 2k.

However, I am having second thoughts. Does anyone have any info whether it's really worth paying £80 for, and if it can be added after being sent. They received it in London today although haven't confirmed it yet.

Even with conservation, the chances of a 70 are slim. I would have valued it at just less than £1500 on a modern and asked them to mark it "go ahead and conserve" if they think it would benefit.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Even with conservation, the chances of a 70 are slim. I would have valued it at just less than £1500 on a modern and asked them to mark it "go ahead and conserve" if they think it would benefit.

I just felt I should be honest about the value for lots of reasons. I really don't think 1500 is a true reflection at this moment in time, but maybe I am just a fool! 

There were marks on the coin but I am unsure if it was dust, the cap was loose when I first pulled it out of the box. That was already making me think a 70 wasn't happening, and not keen to pay for conservation. 

20210226_141952.jpg

Does PCGS offer conservation or not? I am in Canada so I will have to send it south of the border in any case but I am wondering what company to choose for grading. PCGS Firststrike seems to sell for more than NCS according to Ebay. 

1 minute ago, MapleLeaf said:

Does PCGS offer conservation or not? I am in Canada so I will have to send it south of the border in any case but I am wondering what company to choose for grading. PCGS Firststrike seems to sell for more than NCS according to Ebay. 

Yes, but PCGS call it restoration.

https://www.pcgs.com/restoration

Recieved my 3G today after being told I was not getting one on the first phone call I made...so I am over the moon.

I'm no expert but I think it looks pretty good I can see one small bit of something in side the capsule under the S of Foedus all the other little marks seem to be on the capsule.

What do the experts of the forum think?

20210303_221456.thumb.jpg.a87c825a792b414eaf8674e35d280c42.jpg20210303_221513.thumb.jpg.fa5deb3790ce4134e93a0045a30fed13.jpg

Edited by Spence098

1 hour ago, NewCoins said:

I just felt I should be honest about the value for lots of reasons. I really don't think 1500 is a true reflection at this moment in time, but maybe I am just a fool! 

They are not too fussy about valuation unless you really take the p*ss in order to cut the grading fee right down. The value is mainly there really for transit insurance. The value you put down is what they will pay you if they lose it. I haven't heard of that ever happening although there is always a first time.
You could legitimately put the value down as £250 seeing as you bought it for that a few days ago.
The thing this system doesn't take into account is the possible uplift in value a coin might attain if it grades 70. The 1989 £5 springs to mind.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

They are not too fussy about valuation unless you really take the p*ss in order to cut the grading fee right down. The value is mainly there really for transit insurance. The value you put down is what they will pay you if they lose it. I haven't heard of that ever happening although there is always a first time.
You could legitimately put the value down as £250 seeing as you bought it for that a few days ago.
The thing this system doesn't take into account is the possible uplift in value a coin might attain if it grades 70. The 1989 £5 springs to mind.

how about insurance ( on the form )? 250?

Edited by fehk2001

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

6 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Thanks for that. If they aren't too fussy about valuation I can see why going for 1500 or a bit less in this case would be a reasonable balance. You would take a bit of a hit if it went missing, but save some cash on grading and conservation. 

Has anyone sent their coin back yet ? 

I am stillcin 2 minds the wife thinks I am being over picky with it but the rim of the coin looks jagged/rough like someone else's on here 

My main question is has anyone ever returned a coin and had a new one minted in its place ?

And has anyone got a worse one back 

Ok yes I have sent a 5oz one off for grading and yes I have had, am having, issues on a 2oz where its gone back to the RM for them to Re-Strike... On my 2oz though it nwas quite a bad issue and would not make their PF68 leve. In fact probably less than PF65 🙂

Very unlikely you will get a restrike IMHO, especially on a silver coin. They will rotate the returns around between people before thats even considered. I had some issues with the hawking gold coin and pushed like mad to get a restrike and they said they wont do it. So on a 2oz silver coin... I think its a stretch tbh.

6 minutes ago, terakris said:

Very unlikely you will get a restrike IMHO, especially on a silver coin. They will rotate the returns around between people before thats even considered. I had some issues with the hawking gold coin and pushed like mad to get a restrike and they said they wont do it. So on a 2oz silver coin... I think its a stretch tbh.

Actually that would normally be the case ...but on this they are not doing that... They will evaluate the coins and anything below a PF68 (in the RM's eyes) will be re-struck. I have spoken to the RM and there is a team that have been stood up to do this and dispose of the ones below the PF68 grading

Wow even though they have admitted it 

It really could just be silver shavings but not sure 

A lot of people whave said some honest comments and truth be told its worth a lot more than the purchase price 

Just what to do decisions decisions 😕 

well... I had the same concerns... I spoke with one of their management team and they realise this is a "special" coin release but the thing is if they believe it would grade higher than a PF68 then you have the option to get a refund or keep

1 minute ago, Rll1288 said:

Actually that would normally be the case ...but on this they are not doing that... They will evaluate the coins and anything below a PF68 (in the RM's eyes) will be re-struck. I have spoken to the RM and there is a team that have been stood up to do this and dispose of the ones below the PF68 grading

Interesting... TBH I'd still call smoke and mirrors on this but if its true that is indeed the correct approach they "should" be taking.

Just now, terakris said:

Interesting... TBH I'd still call smoke and mirrors on this but if its true that is indeed the correct approach they "should" be taking.

The point is the PF68 grading................  My one is certainly bad and has visible marks which I was told has occurred on a few others. Now we know a PF68 would take away a huge value off the coin but that's they set level so if they did send out ones returned then it would not be a great marketing approach :-). I will let you know if a few weeks

2 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

Its a shame we can't send them photos of the issues then they could make a part evaluation whether it a definite restrike needed 

I did send them photos and they did (or the manager did) stat that on that evidence it wouldn't make the 68 grade. Mine is pretty clear

RM_3G_Issue.jpg

1 minute ago, Rll1288 said:

I did send them photos and they did (or the manager did) stat that on that evidence it wouldn't make the 68 grade. Mine is pretty clear

RM_3G_Issue.jpg

Can you send me a pm with the email address you sent your pictures to please 

4 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

no need restrike, i can pay you spot price for it 🤭 you pay postage

Least your keeping me laughing mate 

Hoping to get a pick me up coin any minute too postman in sight