• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

'Coiny' are Scammers.

Hedders

1 minute ago, Petra said:

Don’t collect these so wouldn’t know. However, remember, if a deal is too good to be true then it is, don’t do it!!

okay that makes sense.  i guess i was just hoping.  LOL how can they sell those with out getting into trouble though.... is selling fakes illegal ??   

On 10/02/2021 at 23:04, Hedders said:

I am very new to all this and just got scammed by a deal that was too good to be true..lesson learned and all that..

I ordered 20 1 oz bars from an American looking site but when i got the dispatch email, it showed they were coming from china.

Fake bars just arrived.

Just a heads up for any other newbies, I am sure most people here know better!

The weight is good, not responsive to magnets. A little bit of filing revealed the cheeky buggers sent me silver plated gold bars :)

Apart from the fact that you are still saying these are silver plated gold bars, it would be preferable if you had given a more complete account of things, such as:

How much each, or in total, you paid for these bars.

This would help TSF members to understand the situation more clearly. Having said so, it is very common for people to only tell a partial story. I don't know why, but it happens about 90% of them time.

Because we are face with this guessing game, I took a look at the Coiny site, and took this screenshot:

341044043_CoinySilverScreenshot.thumb.jpg.c02dc2dccf01d6c90ac40823aed4d3d2.jpg

Without even looking at the details on the relevant page, we can see:

One ounce silver coins offered for sale at $18.85 each.

Looking at the site of a well-known Blackpool coin and bullion dealer, I can see:

Live Silver Price
Current    
$24.47    

Now precious metal prices will have changed since you bought your bars, but does anything above strike you as strange?

The asking price for manufactured bars is only 73% of the spot bullion price.

Yes, the deal is too good to be true, which means it is not true.

I see you are in the UK, and the current silver price in GBP is about £18. If we recalculated in pounds, you would have been paying about £13.87 each.

If you look at some of the comments by other members, you will see that you can buy similar fake silver bars direct from China, via AliExpress and other sites for about £1 to £2 each. If you bought 20 fake silver bars for £40 total, you have not lost much, and have gained some valuable experience and knowledge.

If on the other hand, you have paid about £277 for them, then your lesson has been quite expensive.

May I suggest you bare all, and tell us all how much you paid, if you can bear to?

Also, do you really still think these are gold bars, or have you realised that they are probably gold-coloured brass ones?

If the answer to either or both of these questions is "no", could I introduce you to someone I know who will sell you gold sovereigns at £250 each?

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

On 25/02/2022 at 10:43, Aidy said:

I looked at the "join our team" and it came with the company name "LA CASA DE DECO LTD", which i then put into companies house search and it is a company that has been struck off this month, ran by some guys in Morocco (explains the French)

C'est la vie!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

C'est la vie!

😎

As a newbie, don’t deal with anyone you’re not 99% sure if, I’ve now bought from @Chards purely on the basis of their credibility being vouched for on this forum, 

if in doubt,,,, don’t buy,, it’s just not worth the risk 

9 hours ago, scotwasp said:

I’ve now bought from @Chards purely on the basis of their credibility being vouched for on this forum, 

I would have hoped for a slightly more concrete basis, but will accept that with satisfaction.

Our reputation and credibility pre-dates this forum and my participation on it. We at @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer have been dealing in numismatic coins and bullion since before 1964, so our credibility here is solidly founded, and has been hard earned.

🙂

Chards

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I would have hoped for a slightly more concrete basis, but will accept that with satisfaction.

Our reputation and credibility pre-dates this forum and my participation on it. We at @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer have been dealing in numismatic coins and bullion since before 1964, so our credibility here is solidly founded, and has been hard earned.

🙂

But can you dance?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

But can you dance?

"I Can't Dance" to quote Genesis, but I prefer to paraphrase "I Won't Dance" by Jerome Kern with the later lyrics by  Dorothy Fields and Jimmy McHugh. I know where it leads.

I can't sing either, or to quote Fleetwood Mac:

I can't help about the shape I'm in
I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
But don't ask me what I think of Coiny
I might not give the answer that you want me to
Oh, well

... and to contunue the musicial theme:

"C'est la vie", say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell.

😎

Chards

• 3 months later...

It's a textbook scam. Even if they say "plating" on some small site, it's a scam, their photos are misleading and their ads are misleading.

I hope you can get your money back.

Even so, there is more than clear evidence of falsehood in these two photos:

Screenshot_2022-06-10-18-01-50-48_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.ed410ea5d240153a2c512f3191983a8c.jpgScreenshot_2022-06-10-18-01-27-10_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.thumb.jpg.fd3e276d8689977605ab26392d130d90.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Coiny scammed me for $380 for 1 oz silver dollars.  They were slugs from China.  Fake silver dollars.  The return address on the package was an abandoned warehouse in New Jersey.   My credit card was billed from a company in London.  The credit card company, Chase, backed them.  I still get emails from Coiny.  I guess they feel confident that Chase has their back.  I have pictures of the silver dollars advertised and the abandoned warehouse.

1206 East US Route 130 North, Burlington, NJ 08016

·     Property Type Industrial - Warehouse/Distribution

·     Property Size 85,000 Sqft

·     Lot Size 3.96 Acre

·     Property Tenancy Vacant

·     Building Class C

·     Year Built 1946

JPMorgan Chase don’t like bad publicity and coupled with aggressive consumer protection, a few well placed complaints will deprive them of their banking.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

If it was a credit card as opposed to debit card then your card company is obliged to sort this out. The advertised goods were not provided, therefore contract has been breached.

If the bank won't pull their finger out their are proper rottweilers at Visa and Mastercard: but first written complaint to the card issuer, then you've potentially got Visa, Mastercard and of course the Financial Conduct Mob if the banks final decision is to burn you.

I reckon JP Morgan will cough up, they do not want bad publicity buggering up their gazillion pound investment in UK banking with the Chase brand.

(I've assumed you're in the UK, my bad if you're not!)

Edited by MonkeysUncle

• 5 months later...

I'm amazed the US Govement sit back and allow these fakes , especially American Eagles enter their country from China  so easily, as its basically counterfeit money and I thought the Americans would be quite strict..i don't expect the UK Govement do anything useful at all about anything but the Yanks I'm surprised..

Edited by pricha