• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

'Coiny' are Scammers.

Hedders

I am very new to all this and just got scammed by a deal that was too good to be true..lesson learned and all that..

I ordered 20 1 oz bars from an American looking site but when i got the dispatch email, it showed they were coming from china.

Fake bars just arrived.

Just a heads up for any other newbies, I am sure most people here know better!

The weight is good, not responsive to magnets. A little bit of filing revealed the cheeky buggers sent me silver plated gold bars :)

silver fake.JPG

Edited by Hedders
Removed empty spaces at end of post

I am pretty sure they are real gold, what else could it be? ;)

I didnt actually visit their website, i responded to an advert on Facebook.

Whats even better, is that I paid with a debit card.

Shoot me now :)

A

1 minute ago, Hedders said:

Luckily It wasn't my last £250, and I am now looking into epoxy resin so I can make myself a really fly mouse pad out of silver plated gold bars.

If it works out, I might buy more and start selling mousepads. 

At least you can see the funny side of it and laugh at yourself.

Good on ya.

You have to laugh :)

How on earth do you quote on this forum?? 

I pressed the quote button but nothing happened... 

Luckily my first silver purchase was from a more reputable source so I am currently in possession of the suckers package of 2 x 1kg Metalor bars in a lovely over priced wooden box from Bullion by post.

Onwards and upwards :)

Why aren't we able to see the website address?

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I agree with you Hedders.
French precious metals maybe like their armpits; hairy.

Joking aside, their website was registered on 31-Jan-2020. So, just over a year. Not long but maybe ok, companies have to start somewhere.

But, while many coins and bars listed, see https://thecoiny.com/pages/refund-policy
Lots of rubbish here but the bit that caught my attention was the following:
"Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases."
Why would a PM site mention food, flowers.. Almost a generic template. It just looks suspicious.

Good luck with other purchases.

I have emailed them and explained that if wanted silver plated gold bars I would have bought silver plater gold bars.

I am sure they will be refunding me my 2,200 chinese yuan any time now..

This is not a scam website. They advertise the bars are plated. It is clearly there on the page, so they aren't scamming anyone - you got what was advertised.

Here is the 'Sunshine' bar page

image.png.0aac348c235cff45135af2f98565d280.png

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I vaguely remember reading about fake bars from the sunshine mint being released and here is the thread covering it: 

alongside this, there is a link in this which covers the indicators of fake bars - the point which immediately worries me about the picture you posted is the corners of the bar which do seem very similar to the fake images rather than the shallower genuine bar corners. I will leave others to review your pictures and if it’s genuine but I’m not convinced from what you have shared.

Steve