• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best/Favourite Britannia Design

Heirlooms

8 hours ago, Stuntman said:

Very nice coin, although personally I struggle to see £670 for 1/4 oz of gold to be good value!

Sorry, I meant to sound cynical about 'good value' Everything from the RM is overpriced. and everybody buys from them!

It was the contemporary design that attracted me, especially as a 'Brit' collector - so simply had to have it 🙂

6 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

Sorry, I meant to sound cynical about 'good value' Everything from the RM is overpriced. and everybody buys from them!

It was the contemporary design that attracted me, especially as a 'Brit' collector - so simply had to have it 🙂

Same here but silver...im not made of money..lol...although my break up value is a few hundred if you out in liver, kidneys, half a heart, unused brain.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Great design, but I wonder if diversity is changing our historical perspective.

Depends on your personal historical, and also todays, perspective. But here should coin designs being discussed. And i guess, this is absolutely great, one of my two favorite Britannias. Stunning modern, but IMO, also a timeless design.

7 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

Well, here's another favourite....

IMG_2955 (2).JPG

Definitely in my top 5. The frosting really pops against the plain fields. Also the only design to feature horses I believe 

Edited by Heirlooms

Looking for 1981 and 1983-1984 GOLD Ghanaian coins

On 01/05/2022 at 09:49, Britannia47 said:

Well, here's another favourite....

IMG_2955 (2).JPG

Fine design , I agree. However, it seems to me that Britannia is quite a bit more attractive in the silver version because her nose is different from that in the gold coin, where it seems to be rather truncated and not very delicate or feminine. Is it just me or is there really a difference? Seems a bit unlikely, but that's how I see it, admittedly without means of magnifying the images. Interested to learn what others see.

Well spotted!  I had not noticed that before. She definitely looks more feminine in silver on this photo. However, I am using an IPhone 11 from about 4 inches away, which means the angle the light hits the lens is slightly different, from coin to coin, enough to make her face look a bit manly!  Perhaps I will swop them over. Thanks for those observations.

1 hour ago, RDHC said:

Fine design , I agree. However, it seems to me that Britannia is quite a bit more attractive in the silver version because her nose is different from that in the gold coin, where it seems to be rather truncated and not very delicate or feminine. Is it just me or is there really a difference? Seems a bit unlikely, but that's how I see it, admittedly without means of magnifying the images. Interested to learn what others see.

2 hours ago, Britannia47 said:

Well spotted!  I had not noticed that before. She definitely looks more feminine in silver on this photo. However, I am using an IPhone 11 from about 4 inches away, which means the angle the light hits the lens is slightly different, from coin to coin, enough to make her face look a bit manly!  Perhaps I will swop them over. Thanks for those observations.

Yes, it could indeed be our old friend ' a trick of the light', but I'm comforted that you too  reckon there is a difference. Swopping them over would be an interesting experiment. 

On 27/04/2022 at 19:39, dikefalos said:

I pretty much like the 2021 premium proof issue. Just a timeless, beautiful design. 20220428_023001.thumb.jpg.2e6ad2585075d9c6c25387a22698c441.jpg

Not better, than Jody Clark's 2014 Britannia, but the only one competing IMO

As Ms Swan would say: She looka like a man!

• 1 year later...
48 minutes ago, Heirlooms said:

Thought I’d share my Britannia’s I’ve managed to accumulate into my collection. The 4 Philip Nathan 1 off designs are the perfect blend of traditional (1997 and 2005) and contemporary (2001 and 2003). The crenellated border detail ties the designs together. Jody Clarks 2014 Britannia is arguably the best design of them all and certainly the most sought after, incredible balance of elegance and strength. Also have the 2oz 2021 gold Britannia designed by P.J Lynch, a beautiful modern snapshot in time.

Though the 2023 design wasn’t too bad recent designs haven’t been the most inspiring which is a shame.

IMG_7073.jpeg

IMG_7102.jpeg

IMG_7100.jpeg

IMG_7095.jpeg

IMG_7083.jpeg

IMG_7092.jpeg

IMG_8608.jpeg

IMG_8629.jpeg

IMG_8627.jpeg

IMG_8621.jpeg

IMG_4412.jpeg

These look great in silver in the hand, can only imagine what these are like!

On 12/08/2023 at 16:09, Petra said:

These look great in silver in the hand, can only imagine what these are like!

They look incredible I must say. If there was one other Britannia I’d love to have it would be the 2013 but I’m very content with my collection. I also have a few special bullion Brits in gold but I’ll save sharing those for another day 😏

2 minutes ago, Heirlooms said:

They look incredible I must say. If there was one other Britannia I’d love to have it would be the 2013 but I’m very content with my collection. I also have a few special bullion Brits in gold but I’ll save sharing those for another day 😏

I have a 5oz silver 2013, the size of that really lets the design pop out so I imagine a gold one would look great😮🤔

5 hours ago, Petra said:

I have a 5oz silver 2013, the size of that really lets the design pop out so I imagine a gold one would look great😮🤔

Nice! The 1oz 2013 Britannia in both bullion and proof were thinner and therefore the surface area of the design is larger. I know someone that has one and it looks amazing