• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

9 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

During a time of potential WW3... Sad reality. Silver is heavily manipulated.

I know I stated it before. But if covid wouldn't send the price up with all the total unknown scenarios in the early days of the pandemic, then I highly doubt WW3 will do it either. After all in a World War silver is the least concern, they'll be after nickel and steel. Remember in WW2, the US removed nickel from the 5c piece during the war for war use and substituted a less useful metal in its place, silver as it would happen.

Makes me wonder why I stack silver tbh? I do it, because I enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, SidS said:

I know I stated it before. But if covid wouldn't send the price up with all the total unknown scenarios in the early days of the pandemic, then I highly doubt WW3 will do it either. After all in a World War silver is the least concern, they'll be after nickel and steel. Remember in WW2, the US removed nickel from the 5c piece during the war for war use and substituted a less useful metal in its place, silver as it would happen.

Aye, legitimate points to be honest.

Agree with the silver stacking, the designs on the metal stand out more, plus Gold is a monetary metal which I treat it as. Silver is more fancy and affordable.

6 minutes ago, SidS said:

Dont be so sure 420 oz of silver in one tomahawk missile!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

18 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

During a time of potential WW3... Sad reality. Silver is heavily manipulated.

Of course, was just a throw away comment. I'm stoked that it's above £15 tbh. 

6 minutes ago, SidS said:

Silver is used a lot in warheads, so if this does go full scale "'merica **** yeah!" I reckon that the price might go up some more

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

Dont be so sure 420 oz of silver in one tomahawk missile!

Beat me to it

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

we've just broke £19oz 

What? Again? :D 
Followed by the obligatory tamp :( 
$25.50 looks like it's being defended heavily.  No reason this commodity should be struggling like it has been over the last few days. Not when the world around us is seemingly going to sh*t

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

2 minutes ago, silversky said:

Are we at £50 yet? :D

Almost... :D 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

we've just broke £19oz 

Now we have... well at least for the next 15 minutes :D 

image.png.7da0f0680613dbfeb87f52f6f8e9e6cf.png

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Anyone got the number of a reasonable lambo dealer 🤔 

You wanting to recreate 

Pin by Ashley Mistretta on Eric | Wall street, Wolf of wall street, Street  cars

So, Brent seems to have fallen off the radar a bit with all of the other chaos going on.  But it's put on 20% in the last 4 days.  This is on top of the 25% it put on since the beginning of the year...  By the looks of things, there's no sign that this economic war will end soon.  If anything it's getting bigger.  Months, if not years is the outlook.

image.png.5a933acfa807731956335bdb75e15de0.png

In a high energy price world, base metals become less economic to extract.  And much of Silver production is a by product of base metal extraction.  One really has to wonder just how much the cost of producing Silver has risen in the last two months, and whether less of it is actually being extracted?  Certainly the cost must have risen dramatically, and just thinking out loud, I imagine that there must be a supply shortage in the pipeline now.  Whether there's a demand shortage as well is yet to be seen, but I doubt it.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

up nearly 8% for the week 

I still think my call that it will exceed last years high by the end of this quarter is possible.  Think it was just shy of £21 the Jan high.  Not far to go now. 

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

2 minutes ago, silversky said:

So, Brent seems to have fallen off the radar a bit with all of the other chaos going on.  But it's put on 20% in the last 4 days.  This is on top of the 25% it put on since the beginning of the year...  By the looks of things, there's no sign that this economic war will end soon.  If anything it's getting bigger.  Months, if not years is the outlook.

image.png.5a933acfa807731956335bdb75e15de0.png

In a high energy price world, base metals become less economic to extract.  And much of Silver production is a by product of base metal extraction.  One really has to wonder just how much the cost of producing Silver has risen in the last two months, and whether less of it is actually being extracted?  Certainly the cost must have risen dramatically, and just thinking out loud, I imagine that there must be a supply shortage in the pipeline now.  Whether there's a demand shortage as well is yet to be seen, but I doubt it.

Agreed and as was discussed on one of these threads the other day, @HerefordBullyun mentioned that there is 420oz of silver in a Tomahawk Cruise Missile. If anything, you'd expect demand to rise in the clown world we're currently in

3 minutes ago, silversky said:

I still think my call that it will exceed last years high by the end of this quarter is possible.  Think it was just shy of £21 the Jan high.  Not far to go now. 

what other asset/commodity still half the price of its 1980 price ???? crackers it is !

Coal is going ballistic!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454